Not open for further replies.

Southern Car Parts

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 6spd GT
2015 2016 2017 Ford Mustang Brey Krause Harness Mount Bar R-118

The R-1180 harness mount bar is made to mount a 4 point harness in a 2015-Present S550 Mustang. The R-1180 harness mount bar utilizes wrap around shoulder harnesses for both the driver and passenger along with clip in mounting points for the lap belts.

Our bars are easy to install and remove, use only existing holes and mounting points. This product does require a small cut be made in a replaceable plastic interior panel.

The 2015-Present S550 Mustang harness mount bar has been tested and certified by an independent lab to handle the types of forces required by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. DOT and SAE J385 Rev.MAR 95, Motor Vehicle Seat Belt Anchorages-Performance Requirements. The Mustang harness mount bar properly locates and supports racing shoulder harnesses relative to the driver. In the case of an accident, it helps protect the driver's shoulders and spine. The harness guides also prevent excessive shifting and fatigue of the driver during the high G loads of cornering and braking.

Strength requirements for harness mounts are considerably greater than those for harness guide bars since they must support the entire load applied to the belts. A mount really can't be relied on unless it has been tested to support the loads required by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Brey-Krause Harness Mounts support the loads specified by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. DOT for upper torso restraints in all automobiles. Tensile tests performed by an independent lab.

- Material: Type 304, stainless steel
- Finish: Powdercoated in durable black wrinkle-finish
- Weight: 16 lbs
- Models: 2015-Present S550 Mustang
- Installation: Bar attaches to seat belt mounts. Installation does require a small cut be made on a replaceable interior plastic panel. Replacement panel part# FR3Z6331013AA & FR3Z6331012AA
- Miscellaneous: This kit includes everything required for a proper 4-point harness set-up. Bar is designed to allow enough seat travel for tall drivers.

Check it out here: 2015-2017 Ford Mustang Brey Krause Harness Mount Bar R-118http://www.southerncarparts.com/2015-2016-2017-ford-mustang-brey-krause-harness-mount-p-8735.html
Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I had something like this on a previous car of mine. They used the seatbelt anchor points to attach the bar across the car, I imagine this one is the same.

Do they have an installation guide? "Easy to install and remove" is a relative term, the one I installed in another car (different manufacturer) was a huge PIA to get in without removing the seats and I would never have recommended to uninstall it unless you had no intention of putting it back in.

Mustangpaul05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17GT PP/ 04 cobra / 86 GT
I just installed one in my car - here is my unbox and review of the item..I think its a great piece so far, but mentioning the clip in mounts is a big miss by the distributor I got it from

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed one in my car - here is my unbox and review of the item..I think its a great piece so far, but mentioning the clip in mounts is a big miss by the distributor I got it from

Thanks for posting! Quick question though. How easy is it to remove once installed and how intrusive is it on the back seat when you remove what can easily be removed? From what I can see, it looks like you would have to completely remove it in order to gain use of the back seat again.

Mustangpaul05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17GT PP/ 04 cobra / 86 GT
Thanks for posting! Quick question though. How easy is it to remove once installed and how intrusive is it on the back seat when you remove what can easily be removed? From what I can see, it looks like you would have to completely remove it in order to gain use of the back seat again.
I think that might depend on how well you can work in the tiny space of the back seat. You would probably have to end up pulling the front seats out so you aren't squished trying to remove it ( I took them out while putting it in). But I do think a complete removal, maybe except the brackets that go into rear seat belt mounts, would have to come out. The bars that come up from the floor would be in the way too much..

Its not a hard process but I could see it never going back in once you've had to take it out a couple times.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.