Sponsored

GT350 front License Plate mounting bracket? PDI time?

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
congrats
i ask them not to drill as well, just put my plate behind the front windshield
PDI is 2 hours or less, u will get urs today

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
I would hold out and wait for craigs custom brackets to build/drop one. Not worth the holes.

Esp not after seeing what the front plate looks like on this car. It's all wrong.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
i already emailed craigs
he is gonna wait to see a real car and do the measurements, then he is gonna produce one just for gt350

I would hold out and wait for craigs custom brackets to build/drop one. Not worth the holes.

Esp not after seeing what the front plate looks like on this car. It's all wrong.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
i already emailed craigs
he is gonna wait to see a real car and do the measurements, then he is gonna produce one just for gt350
Great. Now I don't have to email... lol.

But really I use one on my boss and have no issues

Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Plate on the dash behind the windshield is a bad idea - what happens if you have a crash and the plate flies into you, and, say, slices your neck open or something?

Also, in the summer, this is a hot piece of metal on top of the dash...damage to plastic?

And it looks bad...honestly, I don't understand why people are so upset over front plates, it's just not a huge deal...

the_nash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nash
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Red/White Stripe - Tech Package
Craig is probably tired of us emailing... I heard the same thing from him. I also confirmed the sto n sho will not fit. American Muscle said theirs will fit, but I'm skeptical. Would rather have the pull out assembly than the flip down anyway. Good luck and let us know if you hear positive news. Will do the same.

MastrHU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
In Germany, I simply used double-sided sticky tape on a plate holder (plate snaps into the plate holder) on the BMW. Never had issues, this was through hot summers and cold winters and driving at autobahn speeds (90+ cruising). For the Supra I made a mounting bracket using a L bracket and cross bar that mounted to the plate. The L bracket was mounted underneath the front bumper. I put rubber bumpers behind the plate to stop any rubbing at high speeds. I'll try to find a pic if you want.

OP
OP
markham51

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Thanks guys..

M

chuckty101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Shadow Black
Just put the plate beside the driver's seat. When you needed it just throw it on the dash for parking or when the cop wants to pull you over. I've been doing this for 30yrs or so and never had any problems.

Sponsored

the_nash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nash
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Red/White Stripe - Tech Package
Just put the plate beside the driver's seat. When you needed it just throw it on the dash for parking or when the cop wants to pull you over. I've been doing this for 30yrs or so and never had any problems.
Virginia cops (well, at least one of them) are all about pulling you over for not having a front plate.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
That doesn't work in a lot of states. It has to be "affixed" to the front bumper or front end of the car. :frusty:

BTW, I've contacted Top Flight Reproductions (http://www.topflightrepro.com/corvette-plate-brackets.shtml) to see if they're interested in crossing over to our side, doing a removable license plate frame for the GT 350. I used their bracket on my C6, and it was hands-down the best one I've ever used.

Last edited:

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I haven't used a front tag for years,never had a problem .

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
I looked at a new Shelby GT 350 at a local dealer the other day and I believe the bumper was predrilled from the factory for the front license plate bracket. They were barely visible because they were painted over but they were still there. This would make it much easier for the dealers to mount the front license bracket with bumper predrilled. I'll be buying a product like the one American Muscle offers that can be removed with pins.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
The chance of getting pulled over depends on the type of car and driver. I never had a problem on my classic car for 4 years but when younger my buddy with his modern corvette received at least 4.
Sponsored