Sponsored

Help! Colour choice

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
OK, so I put my money down a year ago this month and hoping to take delivery of my Mustang late this year (figures crossed).
I am soon gonna have to confirm my colour choice, At the moment I have gone with DIB with a silver stripe down the middle with silver pin stripes.

Then I realized that I would have to have the black wheels (I dont like the nickle ones). So I started thinking about having the car in white with black stripes and doing all the black plastic stuff in gloss black, king of a white and glass black theme.

But now I am thinking of going the whole hog and having comp orange and still doing all the gloss black stuff.

I intend have the roush rear spoiler and a front splitter with the rear spoiler body coloured and the slpitter in gloss black.

I just cant decide and I guess my question to those of you that have seen them is what id comp orange like in the flesh? In pics it sometimes looks redish, sometimes looks like a matt orange but in some pics it looks like an in your face glossy orange! If it is good as I think it could be I would go orange but I dont want a car that looks like it should be red!
I was dead set on DIB
Sponsored

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
I had a difficult time deciding too! In the end I thought it didn't have enough of an orange hue so that it looked a bit peachy in low light.

In direct sunlight it looks stunning, though.

Here's a photo next to a red car.
image.jpg

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
CO is very orange, I would check out one in person if you can.

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
CO is very orange, I would check out one in person if you can.
Thats the problem, I think I will have to decide long before we get them in showrooms in the UK. I hope to take delivery around the same time as dealers do.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
If it is good as I think it could be I would go orange but I dont want a car that looks like it should be red!
I was dead set on DIB
That's going to be a tough choice. Best of luck deciding!

So what do you mean by you don't want a car that looks like it should be red?

Sponsored

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
That's going to be a tough choice. Best of luck deciding!

So what do you mean by you don't want a car that looks like it should be red?
Well if it looks red I would rather get red but if it is proper orange then I may be interested. Orange can look so close to red that it looks like a dull red!

I cant believe how hard a decision it is but I want to get it right

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Thats the problem, I think I will have to decide long before we get them in showrooms in the UK. I hope to take delivery around the same time as dealers do.
Ah I see, that is a tough spot indeed. In my opinion it is orange, but there are hints of red depending on how the lighting is, but otherwise it is like a cream orange. In person the car will never look red but some of the pictures make it look red, it is very strange. Check out the CO thread in the photo section, there are some good and bad pictures, I have a couple on there I think and they came out very orange. Honestly all of the colors look good, DIB is very nice, you can't make a wrong choice. But I think it would be hard to be disappointed with the CO,

DJinAC

More cars than brains
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
2017 Super Black Nissan Altima SL
Here is mine in the sun.

BYTOR1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO ECOBOOST CONVERTIBLE
Digital phone cameras do not have the color space to capture CO correctly.
once I saw this car in person I had to have.
Here is an accurate capture of the color.
Hope this helps.
20150404_173250_resizedi.jpg

mjhousto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB, 50 Years AP
I've seen CO is person and, while I'm not really a fan of the color, I would have to say that there is no way it could be mistaken for red. I saw it under florescent showroom lights and it looked like a very bright (almost too light) orange.

Sponsored

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
I ordered mine without seeing, it is hard to really photograph the color. It does look much better in person. If you want to be an attention whore get the co, no regrets with it:headbang:.

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
I ordered mine without seeing, it is hard to really photograph the color. It does look much better in person. If you want to be an attention whore get the co, no regrets with it:headbang:.
Agreed, the attention the CO gets is crazy. Everyday I have kids giving me the thumbs up, have people running across streets to snap pictures, and today had a girl at subway come up and tell me she wanted to give my car a hug because she was in love with it. Never had the attention when I had my 2008 Alloy GT. I also like having a loud color car, people notice especially on the roads to stay away from me.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
Well if it looks red I would rather get red but if it is proper orange then I may be interested. Orange can look so close to red that it looks like a dull red!

I cant believe how hard a decision it is but I want to get it right
Ah ok well it's a proper Orange in person and doesn't look at all red so it sounds like it's your color!

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Thanks guys, you are talking me round to it. BYTOR, your picture looks stunning and if it looks like that in the flesh I just reckon I will go with it.
Thanks you for all your replies.
I love hearing about the attention the car gets in the US. People must be used to seeing Mustangs and muscle cars over there. Makes me wonder what sort of attention it will get in the UK

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
Thanks guys, you are talking me round to it. BYTOR, your picture looks stunning and if it looks like that in the flesh I just reckon I will go with it.
Thanks you for all your replies.
I love hearing about the attention the car gets in the US. People must be used to seeing Mustangs and muscle cars over there. Makes me wonder what sort of attention it will get in the UK
My attention story was from Germany. I'm currently living over here with a U.S. spec GT!
Sponsored