Sponsored

Craig's Custom license plate mounting bracket NO DRILL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unlike the other removable or hide away brackets out there, our all new 2015 S550 “No Drill” front license plate bracket is absolutely that, “No Drill”. Don’t get sucked in by the gadget type hide away type claims of the other bracket options on the market. This is the best option, hands down!

* Made in the USA from non-corrosive metal (aluminum and stainless steel)
* Light weight
* Quickly and easily removable for car shows and cleaning
* Places the license plate on the center of the bumper where it was intended to be mounted.
* The 3M tape will not leave any sticky residue if/when you decide to completely remove it.

The bracket that holds the license plate is laser cut from 16ga plate stainless steel (NOT PLASTIC) weighing in at only 7 oz. with the license plate attached. It has rubber bumper protection in place, to prevent vibration and so no metal part of the bracket never touches the painted portion of the car.

The mounting base is 6061 Billet Aluminum machined with a stainless steel mounting stud pressed into the base. It comes with a custom knurled thumb nut used to fasten the license plate bracket to the mounting base. The mounting base is attached to the bumper cover, out of sight, using 3M 5952 VHB (Very High Bond) adhesive tape, some of 3M’s strongest bonding tape on the market. This VHB tape will bond despite extreme ground-to-air temperature swings of 150°F to -40°F (65°C to -40°C) and support up to 90 lbs/in2. This bracket has 3 square inches of tape that adheres.

The mounting base also has optional counter sunk holes to mount it using screws in addition to the tape (not required).

The all new attachment design was tested at various stages. It was initially tested by mounting the base to a painted surface with the bracket attached and we let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we hung 10lbs of weight off the mounting base with the bracket attached and let it sit for a week; it didn’t move. Then we hung 41lbs of concrete off the mounting base; it didn’t move (see video). Then we mounted it on a 2015 Mustang GT, took it up to 100mph using the 3M tape mounting option; it didn’t move. The mount is tested and proven and under no circumstances requires any additional screws to hold it in place. Trust me, I had to pull a mounting base off JLT’s car to mount the final version and it was stuck on tighter than @#$%^&!

Here is a link to a test video we did on the mounting base and it’s ability to hold weight:

[ame]

This bracket is very low profile and can hardly be seen when mounted. It places the license plate exactly where it is intended to be placed, not under the front splitter where it gets ripped off by curbs, steep driveways or when you forget to put it up before driving. The mounting base can be installed in minutes and the license plate bracket installed and removed in seconds using our quick release thumb nuts. If you want a more permanent attachment, you can use a 1/4 x 20 nylon locking type nut and washer.

A lot of thought went into this bracket to make it the best option on the market for 2015 S550 Mustang owners and I know you won’t be disappointed. Thank you for choosing Craig’s Custom Mustang Brackets as your option for a “No Drill” front license plate holder.

We have these in stock and shipping for the 2015 Models!

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=445_456&products_id=370

Mustang6g Forum members get 5% off with code: MF6G5%

Sponsored

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
This looks great, but I'd like to see a video of how you guys installed/mounted it and before and after. The few pictures you guys have don't do it justice....

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
a kitten dies every time someone takes vertical video

Sponsored

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
I have this installed and so far so good. I'm happy with the fitment and the look.
Do you always run with the plate on? I intend on having something in place in case I were to ever get pulled over for not having a front plate. But I don't want it to be too much of a eyesore/hassle. I'm also very curious about how temp/permanent. In case I ever change the front around. Either grill or kit.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I believe my white vinyl stripe covers this area. Should I remove the vinyl so that the bracket is in direct contact with the body?

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I'm confused. The bracket I purchased from Craig's looks like this:

It doesn't look like the photo you posted. Are there 2 different mounting systems?
bracket_black.jpg

..::Ryan::..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic
I'm confused. The bracket I purchased from Craig's looks like this:

It doesn't look like the photo you posted. Are there 2 different mounting systems?
"Bracket pictured may not be exactly what you get. All brackets are custom made for each model to fit JUST RIGHT!"

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
"Bracket pictured may not be exactly what you get. All brackets are custom made for each model to fit JUST RIGHT!"
OK. I'll check what type I was shipped tonight. The one in the photo's above looks much easier to install and use.

Sponsored

saylam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium, PP.
If it sticks too hard wouldn't damage the paint if taken off ?!?

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OK. I'll check what type I was shipped tonight. The one in the photo's above looks much easier to install and use.
If you ordered for a 2015 it'll look like the one in the photos I posted.

If it sticks too hard wouldn't damage the paint if taken off ?!?
It mounts with 3M tape, it would remove like remove an emblem from the trunk. You could heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun and clean it up with adhesive remover.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've got one on my vehicle. I chose this for several reasons - 1) the plate placement is in the center, 2) quality of the materials (I've had 3 other bracket systems from Craig), and 3) the sterling product support.

My photos are located here and here.

nbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'd love an install video. This is something I'd be interested in. Do you ship to Canada?

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes we do. I'll see what can be done for an install video!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.