wizofwuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
Ready to pull the trigger on either the ProCharger Stage 2 or a Whipple Stage 2 and interested where people got the best prices? I don't have the time to call 50 vendors, so I look here to those who have done the hard work.........

:ford::cheers:
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
TeamBeefcake. Message him.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I know the centris are cheaper and are fast, but get a PD blower if you can afford it. I get boost/SC whine from 2k RPMs and up. The centris make power more in the upper RPM levels.

OP
OP
wizofwuz

wizofwuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
I know the centris are cheaper and are fast, but get a PD blower if you can afford it. I get boost/SC whine from 2k RPMs and up. The centris make power more in the upper RPM levels.
Oddly enough when I price the Procharger and the Whipple in the kits I want, the Whipple cost less.

GT2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NADA BRAH
Oddly enough when I price the Procharger and the Whipple in the kits I want, the Whipple cost less.
One thing that is important to remember regardless who you are having install the product, is the difficulty of install.

If you're DIY what is your competence level? Procharger is probably the easiest kit to install. I have no idea how bad the 2018 whipple install is, but it may or may not be in your wheelhouse.

Or if you're paying a shop, how much do they charge. Quicker, simpler installs always means less time in a shop. Whipple might be cheaper for the kit, but if it takes 5 more billed hours it might cost more (cheaper still, or the same).

Not knocking whipple, between the two I would go whipple personally. Just there's more to a kit than its dyno graph, and what the internet talks about

I think for most people you can't go really wrong with any kit out there. They can all make plenty of power with a custom tune, pulley, and bigger fuel. So just try to iron out all the details of costs best you can (you'll never spend exactly what you think, but it's very easy to miss a few thousand if you're not planning correctly).

Do that and figure out what kind of car you want to drive (street/drag etc whatever), and you should have your answer pretty clear cut

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
If Procharger is what you want then to go for it. Whipple stage 2 is more than stage 2 Procharger, no races are won at 2000rpms. Let’s not turn this into another PD vs centri thread.

OP
OP
wizofwuz

wizofwuz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
If Procharger is what you want then to go for it. Whipple stage 2 is more than stage 2 Procharger, no races are won at 2000rpms. Let’s not turn this into another PD vs centri thread.
Not interested in comparison. Not my first rodeo and it is all about lower cost when on a budget.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Team Beefcake.

I've bought 2 kits from him the past 12 months. Procharger and Paxton Stage 2.

He has the best pricing, I shopped around all the big vendors and he was the lowest.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Beefy FTW

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Not interested in comparison. Not my first rodeo and it is all about lower cost when on a budget.
Agreed.

Another Beefcake vote

Sponsored

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Top three are Beef, Lethal and Hypermotive imho for FI.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Which blower you running?