Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
Hi everyone , been absent from the forums for a while , our new premises still taking up loads of my time but its gradually coming together

Anyway , as you may or may not know we are the UK distributor for EPM (Exotic Pony Mods) holding their 2 main products in UK stock

The latest variant of the 'plug and play' rear sequencers have cured all the problems of early variants and are now fault free and an easy install for any enthusiast

These lights have 3 modes , standard , sequencing with brake over indicator and sequencing with indicator over brake

You can find these here, they fit all models from 2015 through to the 2018 model and we have plenty in stock currently

https://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.ph...ost__plug___play__tail_light_sequencers_2015_

We now also offer the 7 mode / function workshop install sequencing upgrade from EPM which takes rear sequencing to whole new level

Features:
Upgrade stock LEDs inside Tail Lights, with integrated Drivers and Controllers
Adding Triple Amber and Triple Red Capability
Exceptionally Engineered to work seamlessly with OE factory harness and factory boards
7 popular modes to select from drivers seat
Factory mode restore for peace of mind
Robust design - operating range -20 to 80 degrees C
Certain modes are road legal in different countries

Available Modes:
Mode 1: Cursor Amber Indicator + Triple Red Brake
Mode 2: Sequential Amber Indicator + Ease-in (Retro) Red Brake (Default Mode)
Mode 3: Cursor Amber Indicator + Ease-in (Retro) Red Brake
Mode 4: Triple Amber Indicator + Triple Red Brake (Indicator Priority)
Mode 5: All RED Mode (USDM) (Indicator Priority)
Mode 6: Sequential Amber Indicator + Triple Red Brake
Mode 7: Factory Mode

Due to the need for the rear lamps to be opened this is a dealer only install , we can fit at our workshop in Luton, you can send your lights in or we can arrange an exchange pair of lamps if needed. Finally you can buy outright to keep your original lamps as spares

You can see the full listing for this upgrade here https://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.ph..._triple_red_tail_light_sequencers_2015___2017

Please note you need to use the drop down menu to choose your preference on install , either pay for the boards and then settle labour costs when you come to the workshop , pay it all up front , send your lights in for conversion or buy on exchange where you can either take a refund on return to us of good condition working lamps or keep your old units and effectively buy outright

heres a link to the lamps installed on our demo car functioning in Mode 3

https://www.facebook.com/JWRacing.co.uk/videos/2165838130114959/

Any questions please feel free to ask

Cheers :)
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nice post :) few questions...

Does the 3A3R upgrade come with any type of warranty?
How do you flick between the 7 modes?
If I came to you with an OEM USA set, would the costs be the same? (or is the extra work involved to convert a USA set?

:cheers:

OP
OP

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey

If I came to you with an OEM USA set, would the costs be the same? (or is the extra work involved to convert a USA set?

EPM offer manufacturer warranty on the boards we install and we are happy to warrant our work on the swapover

you change the modes form in the car using a combination of button/knob movements , we can provide info on that no problem

ill need to check if the US red lamps are compatible , if they are the work is the same so the costs are the same

ill confirm this later

regards :)

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver

I've got the EPM 3A3R installed, got them when they got released from Ray at EPM back in April :thumbsup:

To change you hold the brake pedal down whilst the power is on and then turn on and off the side lights for what ever number is requried plus 2 iirc so mode 5 is 7x on an off then release the brake then the lights should do a funny flash sequence to confirm then they're coded to mode 5.... :headbang:

i'm currently running mode 6

OP
OP

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey

the USA red light set is not compatible im afraid , it would require an extra circuit board per lamp and extra programming of the drivers , its too much work at this time for a rare request

you can set the UK lamps so they are fully red for both indicators and brake

cheers

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
the USA red light set is not compatible im afraid , it would require an extra circuit board per lamp and extra programming of the drivers , its too much work at this time for a rare request

you can set the UK lamps so they are fully red for both indicators and brake

cheers

No worries - thanks for checking. It's a deal breaker for me as I would want OEM red US lights if I was to do this.

Just curious - if you are opening up the lights anyway, can you not use the "internals" from my set & transfer them to a red set? Leaving me with a clear set with US internals?

Appreciate that's a little more involved, but just trying to see if its possible :)

End result would be I'd have a clear set with standard US internals & functions that I could sell to someone in the US.

OP
OP

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
No worries - thanks for checking. It's a deal breaker for me as I would want OEM red US lights if I was to do this.

Just curious - if you are opening up the lights anyway, can you not use the "internals" from my set & transfer them to a red set? Leaving me with a clear set with US internals?

Appreciate that's a little more involved, but just trying to see if its possible :)

End result would be I'd have a clear set with standard US internals & functions that I could sell to someone in the US.
that might work , we would be opening 2 sets of lights instead of one so possibly a little more labour time but that's all

the only thing we haven't done is see how the lamps look flashing through the red lenses , some of the amber modes may not be quite the same im guessing but if you would be using the red modes thru the red lens I don't see a problem

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Very good video - really helps to have that commentary.

It’s 6 or 4 for me! Cursor style was interesting - not one i would choose but it does look cool.

Having all 3 red and all 3 amber is such a big win. I’ve followed many stangs on the road and seeing only 4 of 6 lights when breaking makes me shake my head in dissapointment (in my head :lol:)

Good work :cheers:

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any instructions available for disassembling the light housing to install these? I'm very interested, but I'd rather save some pennies as these are certainly not cheap. It's a shame something like this isn't available in an aftermarket, straight swap housing. It feels quite hacky to open up a sealed unit.

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Are there any instructions available for disassembling the light housing to install these? I'm very interested, but I'd rather save some pennies as these are certainly not cheap. It's a shame something like this isn't available in an aftermarket, straight swap housing. It feels quite hacky to open up a sealed unit.

I'm planning on doing a write up of my experience installing the lights, but currently on my to do list :lol:but obviously I'm sure Jason will say it's at your own risk. You do have to be careful where you cut and how you extract the existing boards and install the new ones

OP
OP

JWR

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.j-w-racing.co.uk
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic Grey
as chappers has said its not a job for the faint of heart

I am clarifying the position once more for certainty but when EPM approached us to support this product and take it on as their sole UK distributor they did so on the understanding we would not sell the kits direct to the public for DIY install

they wanted the product only available on a workshop install basis and / or pre installed exchange service

this was to maintain the high standards they expect and to ensure any warranty issues did not arise due to poor installation

plus of course , with great respect it would appear -ve to the brand if anyone made a complete hash of an install and then complained they weren't supported enough and they are left with huge expense to buy new lights

cheers

jason

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
heres the final video peeps

this shows all 7 modes in operation our demo car

which one is your favourite ?

https://www.facebook.com/JWRacing.co.uk/videos/2167219146643524/

cheers

:)
Very Very impressive, I have the mode 5, US Custom, as I have a US Spec car, I have 2 full light systems, the UK and US works on a switch near the steering wheel.
If I did not have this, would be all over this.
I have had no issues using my Reds all over Europe,

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
as chappers has said its not a job for the faint of heart

I am clarifying the position once more for certainty but when EPM approached us to support this product and take it on as their sole UK distributor they did so on the understanding we would not sell the kits direct to the public for DIY install

they wanted the product only available on a workshop install basis and / or pre installed exchange service

this was to maintain the high standards they expect and to ensure any warranty issues did not arise due to poor installation

plus of course , with great respect it would appear -ve to the brand if anyone made a complete hash of an install and then complained they weren't supported enough and they are left with huge expense to buy new lights

cheers

jason
Yeah I think I vaguely maybe Chappers and I speaking on another site (youtube perhaps?) about the install. I'm aware it's not a simple plug-in install.

I'm a proficient engineer myself with a good sized workshop/garage and have already carried out numerous suspension/chassis/performance/electrical and aesthetic mods on my brand new 2018 Mustang.

I just meant it's disappointing that this couldn't be marketed as a complete unit as in all honestly, hacking away at a sealed stock housing unit just sounds a little hacky.

I'd just rather know what's entailed to do this DIY before jumping in head first, that's all :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'd just rather know what's entailed to do this DIY before jumping in head first, that's all :)
Wild guess, cut open light, install new lights, follow wiring guide, seal back together
Sponsored