Sponsored

A lot of people selling up ..

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I check in here most days, and the other forums, and I'm a member of most of the Mustang groups on facebook, and there appears to be more and more people selling their lovely Mustangs .. :love:

Mostly 15/16 plates, for either lack of use, or issues Ford aren't resolving. It doesn't appear to be people making a move for the 18/19 cars ..

I must admit, I'm a serial car changer and I will admit I look most days at other stuff. My car isn't used much, and sits there on my drive sometimes 6 days a week costing me road tax, insurance, finance when, to be honest, I'd be better off in something like a JCW :ninja: I very rarely have more than 2 people in the car, mostly do short town trips. I need fun, not practicality really ..

I then I drive my car, well actually start it up and the grin appears :D .. mine isn't going anywhere if I can help it ..

I just wondered how everyone else is feeling about their Mustangs :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Mineā€™s going nowhere.:)

In fact Iā€™ve got a mate thatā€™s pestering me to sell it to him, I just smile and keep telling him, ā€œit ainā€™t for saleā€:D:D.

Iā€™ve even put enough money to one side to be able to swap to a 19 model, but I really canā€™t see what Iā€™d gain:shrug: itā€™ll just lose money, so Iā€™ll,probably buy a new watch instead, and one thatā€™ll gain in value too:thumbsup::thumbsup:

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I check in here most days, and the other forums, and I'm a member of most of the Mustang groups on facebook, and there appears to be more and more people selling their lovely Mustangs .. :love:

Mostly 15/16 plates, for either lack of use, or issues Ford aren't resolving. It doesn't appear to be people making a move for the 18/19 cars ..

I must admit, I'm a serial car changer and I will admit I look most days at other stuff. My car isn't used much, and sits there on my drive sometimes 6 days a week costing me road tax, insurance, finance when, to be honest, I'd be better off in something like a JCW :ninja: I very rarely have more than 2 people in the car, mostly do short town trips. I need fun, not practicality really ..

I then I drive my car, well actually start it up and the grin appears :D .. mine isn't going anywhere if I can help it ..

I just wondered how everyone else is feeling about their Mustangs :thumbsup:

I have had many many cars - some "basic", some "normal" and some "exotic" - but (despite all its faults) the Mustang is different and unusual and - well just nice!

I try my best NOT to drive it for work (trains are easier - honest) because I want to keep it as nice as possible

I have absolutely NO intention of parting with it (MY17) - and I t wont move to a MY19 unless they do them in TY!! and even then not for a few years to come!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My car isn't used much, and sits there on my drive sometimes 6 days a week costing me road tax, insurance
This ^^ I know that's a common thought process for a lot of people, and understand why, but it's never really been a concern for me - I spend my hard earned money simply to OWN the car, and I'm just as happy knowing its sat on the drive as I am when I'm out & about in it. Same goes for resale value - not a concern in the world about that as I don't intend on getting rid.

Hand on heart says I'll keep my GT forever, but then I said that about the Ecoboost :lol: Ford are doing a good job of tempting me away with the MY19's/Bullitt etc. But for now, I'm loving every minute. Anyway, now I'm here, I know for a fact I'll always have a Mustang in my life :D

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Must admin I was waiting for an my 18 when I was tempted into the one I have now cancelled order and a 3 week wait lol.
Mines a keeper well I hope so cant say I don't use her either even tho I have a little run around I use for work .
I've still managed to clock up 12000 miles in a year lol it doesn't help that the other half lives on the edge of south Yorkshire border and I live in Herts but its not a bad drive up and down the A1 .
Also the other half loves the car more than me I think and for birthdays and valentines its usually something for the car lol , last valentine gas struts lol nothing says I love you like gas struts ,we are out and about in her as much as possible .
Hope to get another stang in a year or two poss an my19 0r my20 and other half can have the current one or maybe get a nice second hand one for the other half in a year or two either way will be keeping this one and I still look back at her when I walk away and smile like a loon when she starts or we both have the V8 grin when we pass thro a tunnel lol .

Sponsored

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Mine is used once/twice a week... even a month sometimes as my life is hectic and the Mustang is often not suitable daily.

I'm currently looking at replacing it, and two other cars with a single car that I can use every day, but the list isn't that long, and I still enjoy the Mustang. It's just a bit pointless. I'm a hoarder so I could quite happily keep it but there isn't the driveway space (or money, but I man-maths most things anyway!).

But, and it's a big one, most of what I look at woudn't be used and would cost far more to keep (and not use). For example, a V8 Vantage, Audi R8 or 911. The 911 would fit the daily-drive bill though...

Either way, I suspect mine will go toward the end of the year, or early next. Maybe. I think. :/

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Maybe more V8s will be sold by those who do a lot of miles with the increasing fuel prices

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Question: How many people daily drive their Mustang GTs?

Mine was my only car, and it had nearly 18,000 miles on it after 18 months (probably slightly over). When the MY19 arrives it'll be the same deal. Round trip to work is 32 miles, plus extra faff totals around 225mi per week, or incidentally about one tank of petrol.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Mine's a daily driver (it's our only car) so gets a fair bit of use. I reckon it would be the guts of Ā£20K to change for MY19 - not worth it as fundamentally it's the same car but with extra "stuff".

In the past I've nailed my colours to the mast about it being a "forever car", and there's not much to dissuade me. Only serious thought/plan is when it starts to get old, perhaps at ~10years, I'll get a Golf GTi to take over DD duties.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Not sure why people buy a car then sell it a year or two later, unless of course circumstances dramatically change. You get hit with worst depreciation and surely people think about what's involved with a 5 litre car before committing?!

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
not worth it as fundamentally it's the same car but with extra "stuff".
Oh trust me, if I didn't get the sack landing me in debt, I'd still have my 2015. I had bits galore on there and was planning on getting a new Intake Plenum and a tune. I still miss that lairy exhaust I put on it. :(

It was catastrophically anti-social. :headbang:

Not sure why people buy a car then sell it a year or two later, unless of course circumstances dramatically change. You get hit with worst depreciation and surely people think about what's involved with a 5 litre car before committing?!
See above. Got the sack.

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine is 2 years old this month, and is used everyday, I still get a kick out of driving it and love the noise. I've been running a V8 for 6 years now so I'm used to the petrol prices.

and as [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] said...mines going nowhere :D

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Mines up for sale but at a slight premium due to the first edition moniker (and its the lowest number in the UK).

I don't have to sell it and if i dont get what i want for it i wont sell it, but i do have a GT itch to scratch and the last few 17s are bobbing about with good deals and 0% still, so i'll see what happens. I was going to sell it and get a normo car + buy another classic yank of some description, that or a GT .. i couldn't really decide until I couldn't imagine not driving a Mustang.
The 19s are just overpriced (some would argue the 15-17 were underpriced) and i can't bring myself to shell out Ā£540 road tax a year.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mines up for sale but at a slight premium due to the first edition moniker (and its the lowest number in the UK).

I don't have to sell it and if i dont get what i want for it i wont sell it, but i do have a GT itch to scratch and the last few 17s are bobbing about with good deals and 0% still, so i'll see what happens. I was going to sell it and get a normo car + buy another classic yank of some description, that or a GT .. i couldn't really decide until I couldn't imagine not driving a Mustang.
The 19s are just overpriced (some would argue the 15-17 were underpriced) and i can't bring myself to shell out Ā£540 road tax a year.
GASP! selling your beloved EB!? :eyebulge:

If there's still some 17 GTs kicking around, and you absolutely want one, I say go for it. Ā£140 car tax and 0% is a no-brainer. Sort of wishing I got one but I got talked out of it by the family, so a MY19 is on order. That Ā£540 a year will be PAINFUL :headbonk:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
GASP! selling your beloved EB!? :eyebulge:

If there's still some 17 GTs kicking around, and you absolutely want one, I say go for it. Ā£140 car tax and 0% is a no-brainer. Sort of wishing I got one but I got talked out of it by the family, so a MY19 is on order. That Ā£540 a year will be PAINFUL :headbonk:

Yeah there's still a handful in holding, have my eye on a Platinum white shadow edition. All depends if mine sells, i suspect it wont but no biggie really.
You got a good deal on the 19 with 8% discount, next best i've seen is 5.6% and thats current not expired. Even so though Ā£45k for the car :eyebulge:
Sponsored