Sponsored

custom order price equal final price?

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Hey everyone I ordered my 2015 back in August using x plan and got it my gt premium for 37800. Went by my local dealer today because they had a few 2015 in stock just to check them out. I noticed msrp was the same but it said 5000 additional dealer mark up. It had the markup for both a regular gt premium and ecoboost with performance package. Salesman working didn't know if the 5000 would be added onto my custom order price. Anyone else encounter something like this?
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
A good dealer will honor his original quote from the day you ordered it. If they agreed to x plan then, there's no reason for them to tack on anything additional on delivery. If they try, just walk away from the deal and find a different dealer.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they accept x-plan the price is set in stone by Ford and can't be changed.. but they could also just chose not to accept xplan if they wanted to. Did you get a signed purchase agreement when you ordered that specificity says x-plan under the sale price?

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I have a signed sales contract with all fees, taxes, tags, title on the road price. I didn't know there was another way to pre order/purchase a car :shrug: Zero surprises for me come pick up day.

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2011 California Special GT
How much does using x-plan save on say ... 29000 eco BOOST base with pp? Can or will a dealer go below x-plan

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I have a signed sales contract with all fees, taxes, tags, title on the road price. I didn't know there was another way to pre order/purchase a car :shrug: Zero surprises for me come pick up day.
$27897

Can or will a dealer go below x-plan
Yes, below x plan, below invoice. Mine was back in July, for what it's worth.

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking to order a base eco BOOST auto with pp. Msrp is 29,1xx is there a place I can look to see what invoice is I would like to se if I could get 3000 off. If possible lol

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I've read one other post that another dealer was asking $10k over MSRP. Supply and demand I suppose? Well at least for someone with no patience

theslerg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
I plan on waiting till late in the 15 run. Mite have some rebates and a better aftermarket. I will always dream lol

Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Do you have a signed bill of sale stating the price you and the dealer agreed to? If so, you locked in your price

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
I'm looking to order a base eco BOOST auto with pp. Msrp is 29,1xx is there a place I can look to see what invoice is I would like to se if I could get 3000 off. If possible lol
There are places to look (swine memory, a bit of research will get you there, my credit union used to and may still provide all invoice cost info for example, if you are taking out an auto loan I'd ask the institution about it) but you should just be able to ask the dealer to show it to you. If he or she is not happy to provide you the info then that is a good sign that you are at the wrong dealership.

Worst I've ever done on a Ford was $200 over invoice and little or no documentation fee (don't remember exactly but I'm a stickler for getting the fee discussions out of the way before anything else). You should not have to work to get that, if I don't have a relationship with a particular dealer I'll go to at least three places, past history has been that 2 will be reasonable and pretty close in price and #3 will be looking to hit the long ball.

My numbers may be a bit out of date as I've been x-plan for several years.

Don't know if you will see 3K but I think you will see closer to 3k than to 2k.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
If you ordered it under x-plan you should be paying x-plan. It is pretty clear in the agreement you and your dealer sign.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
MSRP $29,185 X-Plan is 27,792 Invoice is about $27,627. Good luck with that $3K off, let us know how that works out for you.

OP
OP

bruinfan17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Magnetic GT
Thanks for all the responses. When I ordered all I got was a paper which I signed that has order f130, priority 10, order type x, price level 520. Msrp for gt premium, 400a, auto, sec pack, 3.55 slip, 68b trim and navi= 40350. Xplan price 37963.
Sponsored