Sponsored

Am I just odd - Power vs No Power.

eldar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - My2017
OK, this might sound a little strange. My shiny new Mustang is wonderful. Fast, civilized (maybe a little too much, it sounds a bit subdued for a pokey V8) and a pleasure to drive.

Which is the problem. It is too easy to take it for granted. Trundling around town isn't an issue. Faster roads, also fine. Overtaking is easy and effortless.

Just need to make sure you don't end up in licence-loss territory, which requires watching.

My other car has one seventh of the Mustang's power. 58BHP against 415BHP. Skoda Citigo.

I enjoy driving the Citigo, you can thrash the bugger mercilessly and with a bit of planning make very decent progress. You have to work at going at a decent speed. The Mustang you don't really, effortless.

Usually an interesting decision, which car shall I take.:doh:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Same with most cars that are high performance, more power = faster to illegal speeds.

It's all about finding the fun within it. Legally.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
That's why MX5s are so popular as can throw them about and thrash them more without risking your licence as much

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's why MX5s are so popular as can throw them about and thrash them more without risking your licence as much
also dirty cheap to fix them up.

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I just drive mine all the time - short or long journeys - and with my Ford Racing Sport QUAD exhaust the sound is fantastic

Sponsored

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
I bought my GT because driving it is an event at any speed even at 30mph I enjoy it , strangely I sold a modified BBR200 MX5 to buy the GT because it was going to get me banned , it had sticky tyres on, was lowered 30mm and went wherever you pointed it but it made you drive it hard where as in the GT I don't care if a boy racer wheel spins away from the lights, I just burble along at catch him at the next set

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I bought my GT because driving it is an event at any speed even at 30mph I enjoy it , strangely I sold a modified BBR200 MX5 to buy the GT because it was going to get me banned , it had sticky tyres on, was lowered 30mm and went wherever you pointed it but it made you drive it hard where as in the GT I don't care if a boy racer wheel spins away from the lights, I just burble along at catch him at the next set
if its not arse out sideways you're probably doing it wrong :)

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Exactly this. I have had more fun in my mrs MX5 than I did in the mustang. You can bounce it off the limiter and still be under the limit. I don’t care if I scratch it or if a car dings the door. It’s so much fun.

But, if you crash it’s likely gonna hurt....Badly :lol:

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I had an S2000 - now that was a car for driving! revving up to the limit and screaming around in

However - for much the same reasons as Wack - The Mustang is a daily driver for me - but I now dont have any reason, nor want, to chase with other cars - I just let them go nowadays ...

Sponsored

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
OK, this might sound a little strange. My shiny new Mustang is wonderful. Fast, civilized (maybe a little too much, it sounds a bit subdued for a pokey V8) and a pleasure to drive.

Which is the problem. It is too easy to take it for granted. Trundling around town isn't an issue. Faster roads, also fine. Overtaking is easy and effortless.

Just need to make sure you don't end up in licence-loss territory, which requires watching.

My other car has one seventh of the Mustang's power. 58BHP against 415BHP. Skoda Citigo.

I enjoy driving the Citigo, you can thrash the bugger mercilessly and with a bit of planning make very decent progress. You have to work at going at a decent speed. The Mustang you don't really, effortless.

Usually an interesting decision, which car shall I take.:doh:
I know how you feel. It’s much the same for me, my daily is a Panda 1.2 which I enjoy, planning ahead is a must to make progress. Once you have a head of steam up, you keep it going. Overtaking people in a Panda can cause a severe reaction :D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I had an S2000 - now that was a car for driving! revving up to the limit and screaming around in

However - for much the same reasons as Wack - The Mustang is a daily driver for me - but I now dont have any reason, nor want, to chase with other cars - I just let them go nowadays ...
Also had the S2000, that is a car that has a raw factor even in complete road trim as not much happens until 6000rpm and then they scream all the way to 9000rpm.

There is different kinds of fun, sometimes fun is via big power and big noise, something the Mustang delivers on but corner to corner becomes very easy and you can spend more time thinking about braking scrubbing speed of than the actual corner itself.

One of my most fun drives was in a Porsche Boxster 2.9 DFI, a car that simply revelled from you absolutely thrashing the hell out of it and I did, but it was so balanced, a little underpowered at around 250ish HP and like the S2000 you had to wind it up, unlike the S2000 it did not rattle or have the twitchy handling like early S2000's had, the Porsche had immense balance and very neutral handling, but as it was underpowered and not a screaming frenzy you just ragged it everywhere but got a real enjoyment from doing so as it was so perfectly balanced throughout corners.

That is why cars like sub 200HP hot hatches, MX5's are huge fun but in a slightly different way, they don't have the power, but you in the power for way longer as you need to in order to make progress and you can be at full power so much more as you have less power so are far likely to get into trouble from both the police and curbs, trees and other obstacles jumping out at you.

But as with all things this is fun, but after a while your like what a work out, just give me some easy power back. :D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I know how you feel. It’s much the same for me, my daily is a Panda 1.2 which I enjoy, planning ahead is a must to make progress. Once you have a head of steam up, you keep it going. Overtaking people in a Panda can cause a severe reaction :D
Trust me its even worse when you do those overtakes in a VW Up. :D

Little John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Seat Leon
:thumbsup:

My problem when I drive my wife's Panda is that I expect it to handle like my Leon, and it really doesn't...

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
:thumbsup:

My problem when I drive my wife's Panda is that I expect it to handle like my Leon, and it really doesn't...
I find the Panda not too bad in that respect, the cross climate tyres that’s fitted will complain and give in before the car :D
Sponsored