2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt) - Mustang6G.com 87 - StangMods - 1
2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt) - Mustang6G.com
Homepage Wiki MOTM Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Bronco Forum Ranger Forum Calendar Garage

Go Back   2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt) - Mustang6G.com > Technical Subforums > Suspension, Brakes & Chassis

Notices

Suspension, Brakes & Chassis Everything related to S550 Mustang suspension, brakes and chassis.

User Tag List

Old 07-13-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
i4gains

Name: Chris
Drives: Ingot Silver EB Mustang with PP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Would suspension components cause this?

Within the last 2 -3 months I replaced my rear tires with the same size tire as my front, but different brand. Since then, on the highway, or specifically when I'm on a curvier road my traction control lights would flash when at high speeds 60-80 and these turns I'm referencing are very mild bends, nothing too spirited. They literally only flash in that specific scenario and only started after my rear tires were replaced. I thought it might be alignment due to the toe being off, which I just got done today but the problem persists. I'm lowered as well so there's no reason they would flash with my suspension dialed in and my alignment done. Does this sound like something anyone could diagnose for me?
i4gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:16 AM   #2
Roadway 5.0
Strassejager

Name: Mike
Drives: 2016GT PP 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Please post the make, model, and size for all four tires. I suspect your new rear tire height is the culprit.

Alpine Tour 18: Watch Me Conquer the Best Roads in the Alps
Roadway 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Users thanking this:
Old 07-14-2018, 03:42 AM   #3
Kinjirra
I R Slow

Name: Brian
Drives: 16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Ya something is throwing the speed sensors off. Car expects a certain rotation in the tires at certain speeds ect ect… If the sensor reads something is off then your gonna get codes or warning lights. I would hazard that if the tires are the same size then possible your abs sensors in the rear wheels are off in some way. Just one being weird will cause all kinds of issues.

Pull the rear wheels and check to make sure everything is tight then reinstall and make sure you torque to proper specs... 150lbs. Im guessing they bumped a sensor out of alignment or something is shifting.
Kinjirra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:05 AM   #4
i4gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadway 5.0 View Post
Please post the make, model, and size for all four tires. I suspect your new rear tire height is the culprit.
I will double check but im almost 99.9% sure. There may be diff wear obviously since the rear are brand new and front are about 50-60%. I read that may be it
Old 07-14-2018, 04:07 AM   #5
i4gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjirra View Post
Ya something is throwing the speed sensors off. Car expects a certain rotation in the tires at certain speeds ect ectů If the sensor reads something is off then your gonna get codes or warning lights. I would hazard that if the tires are the same size then possible your abs sensors in the rear wheels are off in some way. Just one being weird will cause all kinds of issues.

Pull the rear wheels and check to make sure everything is tight then reinstall and make sure you torque to proper specs... 150lbs. Im guessing they bumped a sensor out of alignment or something is shifting.

this makes so much sense. before i got these new tires it handled GREAT. i could take turns at high speeds and it was steady and solid. My car also swayed a bit past 60 too, and when changing lanes at high speeds it sway/rolls. After the alignment the sway got a bit better but is still there.