Sponsored

Why Ford can't you bring this to the UK??

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Fair enough.

My 2 yrs experience of having almost every singe warranty failure on my car refused would suggest otherwise.
The trouble is you have a different warranty or system to the UK, as in the UK things are a lot better, I have had no problem with warranty claims so far :thumbsup:
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Can someone please give me an understanding of costs for importing?

Very roughly:

Say $55k
Circa £40k
Add shipping. Guessing £3k??? ( No idea)
Then 10% duty on this
Then 20% VAT

Any other costs missed? Conversion for UK roads?
I have actually done this
I have a California Special
Now for me I had a company do it for me
I fell in love with a Auto GT Vert, which was around 42k
I then looked at the specs on the US cars, and saw they had way more tech and I wanted the CS package and the hood indicators on the 2016
I spoke to a few dealers who were 50k or higher and it was not a fully loaded car.
I found Boatwrights who have dealers all over the world,
he advised me going though Canada would save me 5k the only difference is the mph is little while the kph is big
So that brought the price down to 44k. I wanted all the extras I could get so it had to be a factory build, as I wanted the ACC which should have cost $1200 I got it for £400
I ordered the car in Jan it arrived in May. everything was paid for in that price of 44k.
So for another 2k I have at least 2K worth of extras you cant get on the Euro Stang. the car was checked over in Canada, and then shipped over
she was perfect, and touch wood, 26 months later she still is.
I have had my Sync 3 maps converted to the UK maps by Richard and he also never changed me for a spare tire, or my personal number plate, which he brought for me and fitted
For me it was a No Brainer, and of course each year the £235 tax brings the car down in price, and in a few years touch wood, she will work out cheaper then a Euro Stang

Last edited:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. No warranty?? Didn't know that, is that definite?
No its not
I have a 3 year warranty, it's not the same as Fords, its given out when you buy the car

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
No its not
I have a 3 year warranty, it's not the same as Fords, its given out when you buy the car
Thanks. So how does that work? Who is it warrantied by? Is it insurance backed?

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Without wishing to get political, I wonder if the import duty for the GT350 for example will reduce/remove once we leave the EU?

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Without wishing to get political, I wonder if the import duty for the GT350 for example will reduce/remove once we leave the EU?
that would depend upon any trade treaty/pact we agree to I expect there will be massive reductions on us/uk trade so it may well work out cheaper than it would doing it now

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
BMW8Seriesreveal_07.jpg

BMW are, to all intents and purposes, about to launch a Mustang - and you can bet 'the fast version' will be the best seller of the range, but at a cost at least double that of a GT350. They undoubtedly will be available in RHD too. So you do wonder why Ford seem to think a GT350 wouldn't sell in Europe/UK. Is it emissions related? Would the supercharged GT500 be easier to put through emissions? ... but it doesn't look like we'll get a chance to purchase one of those either. Off to Florida in a few weeks. There's a Ford dealer right around the corner. They have a stock of 350's :thumbsup:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Just to labour my point .... ;)

Take away the lights. Mustang or BMW? ....
Untitled - Copy.png

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Oh yes .... one more thing. I don't suppose we'll hear too many motoring press reviews of the BMW complaining about how big it is, either :frusty:. Rant over.

Sponsored

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
For me it was a No Brainer, and of course each year the £235 tax brings the car down in price, and in a few years touch wood, she will work out cheaper then a Euro Stang
Not if you compare to cars costing £140 a year tax, then it becomes more expensive! :doh:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Not if you compare to cars costing £140 a year tax, then it becomes more expensive! :doh:
At that time the TAX was around £400, its only recent that it has changed. So it was a No Brainer in June 2016

But still its 2k upfront, then £140 per year, so what does it really cost you per year?
To make it level up to mine, you would need to keep the car a long time :D:D
Sponsored