Sponsored

A lot of people selling up ..

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah there's still a handful in holding, have my eye on a Platinum white shadow edition. All depends if mine sells, i suspect it wont but no biggie really.
You got a good deal on the 19 with 8% discount, next best i've seen is 5.6% and thats current not expired. Even so though £45k for the car :eyebulge:
After discounts its JUST shy of £40k even with magneride. I've gotten lucky. £39,965 I think.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mines up for sale but at a slight premium due to the first edition moniker (and its the lowest number in the UK).

I don't have to sell it and if i dont get what i want for it i wont sell it, but i do have a GT itch to scratch and the last few 17s are bobbing about with good deals and 0% still, so i'll see what happens. I was going to sell it and get a normo car + buy another classic yank of some description, that or a GT .. i couldn't really decide until I couldn't imagine not driving a Mustang.
The 19s are just overpriced (some would argue the 15-17 were underpriced) and i can't bring myself to shell out £540 road tax a year.
Didn't think I would see the day Graham! I had reservations about letting the EB go, but totally worth it. You'll no doubt get a much better deal than me, so even more worth it! The V8 is absolute bliss. Good luck & keep us posted!

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Well, speaking as someone who has recently advertised, it's purely down to lack of use. The costs area consideration, but really as I have 4 cars to run (and bikes) all costing tax/insurance etc.

I don't 'need' to sell as such and I know I'll regret it (after selling my S197 for the same reason, within 2 weeks I'd ordered an S550!). But it's what my head says it the right thing to do.

I had it up for sale last year and decided to keep it and use it more. With a new business to run, sadly the free time just hasn't been there, so selling is the logical thing to do.

I've priced it at what I think is reasonable given it's genuinely 'better than new' - but ultimately it's only worth what people will pay. Had an offer last year which, in hindsight, it would have made sense to take. But at the time I was even more lukewarm about letting it go and it was a fair bit under what I wanted.

Anyway, we shall see. If not, expect the same post from me next year :)

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
I’ve had my GT for a year and use it daily (ceramic coat and Raptor underseal helps) just starting to mod it now first was the Ford Performance QUAD exhaust next is the Pedder suspension upgrade then toying with supercharging. Won’t sell because at £39K with auto and custom pack was a great deal and £140 annual VED as well. Also I’m not interested in all of the higher tech on the 18/19MY and especially not the higher prices!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thought is was £450 a year :shrug:
Correct. I was using old figures pre April 2018.

These are the rates for Post 2018MY Mustangs from the Government Portal.
Capture.PNG

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Some are paying £540, some £450 and some £140! Depends when you bought it
Just checked and a MY18/19 will cost £450 a year if above £40k, £140 plus £310, this runs for 5 years then goes down to £140 or what ever it is then, so a win win over my Mustang

OP
OP
Avalyn

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It's not as if I didn't know what the 5.0 would cost me, I'm an economist so quite happy I worked out the affordability before I bought it :D

However, I have around 8K equity in the car, and could probably be driving around in a JCW or Golf GTi for pretty much the same monthly outlay, having banked about 6k of the equity in my Mustang.

It's not about affordability for me, it's would I be any less happy with a.n.other car plus some cash in the bank :shrug: considering the usage it gets.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Anyway, we shall see. If not, expect the same post from me next year :)
Your car is an absolute bargain...great colour great spec and owned by a real fussy enthusiast..:D

If I were a dealer I’d buy it for stock..:cheers:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just checked and a MY18/19 will cost £450 a year if above £40k, £140 plus £310, this runs for 5 years then goes down to £140 or what ever it is then, so a win win over my Mustang
Not wanting to gloat but I only pay £140 a year for a GT - don't have to wait for 5 years as when I bought her, she was just below £40k :D

It's 5 years after your first year remember

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was paying more road tax for the EB (£230 IIRC) vs £140 - due for next month. Would have been rude not to upgrade I reckon :cheers:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I check in here most days, and the other forums, and I'm a member of most of the Mustang groups on facebook, and there appears to be more and more people selling their lovely Mustangs .. :love:

I just wondered how everyone else is feeling about their Mustangs :thumbsup:
Been driving a Mustang for 6 years, loved my S197, but this is in a different league, and for the special car she is, can't see anything else I like. Maybe the hybrid in 2022
Sponsored