Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Dude that sucks man, always hate hearing about unfortunate accidents such as these. Other guy just take off, or did he stay behind to take fault for it?
Thankfully he stopped and had valid insurance. He totally admitted fault when the cops showed up. He didn't see me at all, in broad daylight. I kinda felt bad for him considering he was a pretty old dude. He really didn't have any business driving honestly. The worst part of the whole deal what that I was getting ready for my track day tomorrow and of course that ain't happening now. My was car so freakin dialed in!!

The blessing in disguise is that most of the damage was to the wheels, tires, and suspension. It may need a new arm or two depending on the damage. The front and rear bumper tabs were popped but the bumpers themselves weren't damaged. I'm thinking I'll get a pretty good sized check. I'll be able to do all the repairs myself so can you say UPGRADES????

I'm gonna go 19x11 and 305/30 squared now, coilovers, upgraded sways and just throw some of those fastner deals on the front bumper and call it good.
Sponsored

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
Thankfully he stopped and had valid insurance. He totally admitted fault when the cops showed up. He didn't see me at all, in broad daylight. I kinda felt bad for him considering he was a pretty old dude. He really didn't have any business driving honestly. The worst part of the whole deal what that I was getting ready for my track day tomorrow and of course that ain't happening now. My was car so freakin dialed in!!

The blessing in disguise is that most of the damage was to the wheels, tires, and suspension. It may need a new arm or two depending on the damage. The front and rear bumper tabs were popped but the bumpers themselves weren't damaged. I'm thinking I'll get a pretty good sized check. I'll be able to do all the repairs myself so can you say UPGRADES????

I'm gonna go 19x11 and 305/30 squared now, coilovers, upgraded sways and just throw some of those fastner deals on the front bumper and call it good.
glad you are ok! thanks for pics! also on that tire size id go with 305/35 IMO ;)

lastly this leads to my next question. why the heck did I buy a 75 dollar plug and play harness if I have to splice these wires? I thought it eliminated this process.

EODTech87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
glad you are ok! thanks for pics! also on that tire size id go with 305/35 IMO ;)

lastly this leads to my next question. why the heck did I buy a 75 dollar plug and play harness if I have to splice these wires? I thought it eliminated this process.
Because they sold parts for a untested solution at a ridiculously high price.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
A word of caution using tap splices of that type....

In the past, I've had those develop connection issues over time when used in an engine bay environment. After a while the point of connection can get slightly corroded or oxidized.

Always better to do a proper soldered and shrink-tubed connection.... :thumbsup:

Sponsored

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
A word of caution using tap splices of that type....

In the past, I've had those develop connection issues over time when used in an engine bay environment. After a while the point of connection can get slightly corroded or oxidized.

Always better to do a proper soldered and shrink-tubed connection.... :thumbsup:
While I agree with you, putting a bit of dielectric grease in the connector before you make the final crimp can also help prevent this.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because they sold parts for a untested solution at a ridiculously high price.
so you are saying that they do not work and I just need to splice?

Sponsored

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
so you are saying that they do not work and I just need to splice?
Those specific connectors work fine, but there are two other ones that need splicing.. so its only 1/2 a plug and play solution.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok because hellhorsepower confirmed again today that its plug and play no splicing.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crap ok. I’m debating doing the install myself. Or taking it to a shop. My fear is the shop will not know what to do so I’m trying to figure it all out before hand.
Sponsored