Sponsored

2018 GT looking to upgrade rear suspension...

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
As title says i have a 2018 10r80 gt and once the weather breaks I intend to hit the strip with the car. With that being said I want to upgrade some suspension parts, Im thinking about going with Steeda IRS subframe support braces, subframe bushing support system and vertical links. Is this a good start to help combat wheel hop? Also with this help limit my chances of breaking a half shaft while running a 305 drag slick? Thanks
Sponsored

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Steeda or BMR can help you. I like BMR for several reasons on most of their stuff, one being cost to benefit.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
As title says i have a 2018 10r80 gt and once the weather breaks I intend to hit the strip with the car. With that being said I want to upgrade some suspension parts, Im thinking about going with Steeda IRS subframe support braces, subframe bushing support system and vertical links. Is this a good start to help combat wheel hop? Also with this help limit my chances of breaking a half shaft while running a 305 drag slick? Thanks
You're on the right path, my friend! [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] can help you out.

In terms of limiting your chances of breaking a half shaft... if it is going to break because of abusive wheel hop, sure. Usually they break right off the line, though, and it has nothing to do with wheel hop but instead a shock to the driveline. You have an auto - it's much less likely for you to break those.

Last edited:

AZStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium /Performance
BMR CB005 and Steeda alignment bushings. These two combined with vertical links would be an awesome start.

OP
OP
Czs550

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the imput guys, any one run any of the upr stuff?

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What are your goals? Drag racing or handling?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just set a new record with our 2018 Mustang GT - featuring our Stop the Hop Kit, an unbelievable set-up with proven results ...

Send me your contact info & let's chat about what you are looking to accomplish!

TJ

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i have the braces, alignment kit . just ordered trans mount insert, diff bushing inserts.. braces alone maybe a nice difference,plus i went with a higher sidewall tire on the rear. the hop is very min now .i dont track or race it but i do enjoy very spirited driving
went from the crap stock tires. 275/40 to a michelin as+3 285/40.. not much bigger but enough to help. think it was a 3% overall dia increase

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
[MENTION=20190]Czs550[/MENTION] congrats on the 2018!

Feel free to let me know if you have any specific questions. Without question, our products are the best and most proven for your street/"strip" needs ;)

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed steeda rear subframe connectors on my Shelby and it is outstanding product.

Had to paint it ford blue to match my springs and sway bars.
Looks great, thanks for sharing & our manufacturing processes and facilities are 2nd to none!

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
Czs550

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
What are your goals? Drag racing or handling?
I still want it to handle good on backroads and city street but drag race oriented. To start im thinking intake, tune, exhaust drag wheel setup and some parts to stiffen the irs up. Nothing to crazy.....yet lol.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You might as well go straight to adding headers if you want to have any fun at a drag strip. My recommendation regarding the IRS is to save the differential mount bushing inserts until last and, when you do, use upgraded hardware or through bolt the IRS. Do the Steeda IRS bushing supports, centering pins, and IRS braces. Keep your stock vertical links as-is for now. Go to the drag strip with your drag tires... test and tune.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
You might as well go straight to adding headers if you want to have any fun at a drag strip. My recommendation regarding the IRS is to save the differential mount bushing inserts until last and, when you do, use upgraded hardware or through bolt the IRS. Do the Steeda IRS bushing supports, centering pins, and IRS braces. Keep your stock vertical links as-is for now. Go to the drag strip with your drag tires... test and tune.
It seems you are not a fan of the differential inserts in most cases. Can I ask why?
Sponsored