Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang

Digiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 camaro ss A8
I think the A10 will help a little but it will be a welcome upgrade from the A8 and it's issues

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
Ive been on both sides. Ive owned 5 mustangs including a 2003 cobra which was probably the most fun car I've ever had to date. Im a fan of the new mustang and what its been able to do. I also know that I love the torque of the 6th gens. I test drove the 16 GT and Camaro before picking the Camaro because it was just so much more fun to drive and power everywhere. not just at the top of the tach. Id love to drive the 18 to see how much better it is now. especially with all the issues these 16 Camaros have had. for me im going to see what the 19 Camaro refresh looks like and if it gets rid of this god awful A8 transmission and goes to the A10. Then ill test drive both and see which one tickles my fancy.
I had a 2003 Cobra, modded with pulley, polished/ported blower, tune, etc...made 500rwhp/480rwtq on 91 Octane. However, I thought it was not a fun car, except going straight. My next car, a 2005 C6 Z51 LS2 that had every bolt-on and custom cam, a screamer. Ruined my next car, a 2012 Mustang GT.

I recently drove a new 2017 Camaro SS with the LT1, impressed with both the tq and handling. Much, much better than my 2015 Mustang GT 6 speed auto. Even after all the mods, my stang handled like crap until a few small things fixed the wheel hop. The tires could be better but the single biggest improvement was the Circle D 4C 3800 stall. Car feels 200lbs lighter and just bangs through gears with speed. I won't be getting an 18 GT 10 speed but they are intriguing and certainly seem to be the fastest GT's out of the box ever.

Digiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 camaro ss A8
I think the 19 camaro will really have to step it up for me to go that route. I've always had forced induction on my cars and the mustangs respond way better to boost. My car is fuel limited to about 585 whp and then it needs expensive direct injection upgrades. Low side fuel pump, high side fuel pump, injectors. It gets expensive fast. Then the pistons come from GM with really tight piston ring end gaps so once you start pushing much more power, the rings will butt up and pop the ring lands. The LT1 heads and cam love boost and could make tons of power. But the piston rings and fuel system will cost an ass load. I was really intrigued with whipples teaser video of the 18 mustang A10 with the whipple on it. Anyone know if the OPG was addressed in this new engine?

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
That's quick

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my lord, I just went and checked out camaro6, and their world is ending over there! Now they're saying that it used race fuel, and Blaqwhole apparently knows ford's auto trans tuning like an expert and knows for a fact that they don't chirp second stock, it takes a tune to do that! (Despite plenty of YouTube reviews showing dealership cars chirping second...)

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Modified their fast list with some additional parameters and caveats which should be considered based on the logic pattern used over there.
Just curious. How do we know these runs (Camaro) are "stock"? No tune, no tires, no air let out of tires, no other stuff?

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Oh my lord, I just went and checked out camaro6, and their world is ending over there! Now they're saying that it used race fuel, and Blaqwhole apparently knows ford's auto trans tuning like an expert and knows for a fact that they don't chirp second stock, it takes a tune to do that! (Despite plenty of YouTube reviews showing dealership cars chirping second...)
Ive heard the stock 10a chirp 3rd on you tube reviews as well, it’s in the trans tuning of the shift pressure, not necessarily the extra power. The few people losing their shit at camaro 6 doesn’t t represent the whole Camaro community, come on.
I think it’s great they are now similar in straight line performance.
I’d actually think the 15-17 gt owners would be feelin the butt hurt about now however :doh:

Just curious. How do we know these runs (Camaro) are "stock"? No tune, no tires, no air let out of tires, no other stuff?
We don’t definitely know, just have to take their word for it. Same goes for the mustang and other car makes as well..
Anyone could have a tune and say it’s stock for example.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
I’d actually think the 15-17 gt owners would be feelin the butt hurt about now however :doh:
only people who may feel a slight pinching in their sphincters are those who bought '17's , but the 18' saw a very significant jump in price to go along with the performance gain.

...this isin't quite 2011 all over again.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The few people losing their shit at camaro 6 doesn’t t represent the whole Camaro community, come on.
I think it’s great they are now similar in straight line performance.
I’d actually think the 15-17 gt owners would be feelin the butt hurt about now however :doh:.
The ones who aren't losing their shit are being called "trolls" by the camaro6 veterans. No matter how you slice it, that thread is making you guys look bad as a whole.
I also agree that it's great that they're more even now. It'll lead to some great competition! I'm excited to see the PP2 go up against the 1LE. But surprising, the 15-17 GT owners don't seem all that butthurt about. However, the S197 coyote owners are losing their shit almost as bad as the camaro guys :lol:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
only people who may feel a slight pinching in their sphincters are those who bought '17's , but the 18' saw a very significant jump in price to go along with the performance gain.

...this isin't quite 2011 all over again.
There really isn't much of a price jump at all... just a couple hundred dollars. Now, if you want all the knick knacks to be able to run an 11.8, then yeah, you're going to have to shell out a bit more cash. But an equally equipped 2018 will run much faster than a 2017 and be about the same price

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
There are at minumum two other vids showing stock cars chirping in second and third. For goodness sake, I'd almost rather the cars not be performing as well...challenging that beloved pedestal makes this debate quite exhausting.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yea the s197 guys could still hang their hat on the fact that the OG Coyote was still faster (by a tenth) in a straight line because it weighed less and had a solid axle even though the S550 Mustang GT is better than the s197 in every other way.
But they'll refuse to acknowledge that the S550 is superior because "MUH RETRO LOOKS AND NO WHEEL HOP" :lol:
Sponsored