Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Difference in adapter welds.

The other half is still stuck in the midpipe.
image.jpg
Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Dude how the hell did you remove the adapters... I'm sitting here screaming profanities trying to get this shit out of the midpipe. Thank god I'm not working tomorrow.
It wasn't the most pleasant thing I have done, but I managed to get them out. Vice grip on the end and some serious up, down, left, right wiggling broke them free. Once I got the bottom to slide out some I removed the vice grips, whacked the hell out of it with a rubber mallet, went to the top and repeated. Do the same on each side, and so on until they're out.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to make this clamp my bitch. One of the screws is seized so the clamp isn't budging. I'll do what you said and turn my arm into a Shake Weight.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Update: clamp has made me its bitch. I can't budge it.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Shit dude, that's crazy. Have you tried air or a battery impact? If not, do you have torches? Heat may be your ally. If FL wasn't so far away I'd come help out man.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I got the clamp off but the wide half of the adapter is like a hermit. It will not budge. I'm clamping an Allen wrench with a set of pliers trying to pull it out with the edge but it's firmly stuck.

A police officer actually just stopped by and said he heard someone yelling. I told him I'm just giving my car some tough love... one of my neighbors must've said something.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I got the clamp off but the wide half of the adapter is like a hermit. It will not budge. I'm clamping an Allen wrench with a set of pliers trying to pull it out with the edge but it's firmly stuck.

A police officer actually just stopped by and said he heard someone yelling. I told him I'm just giving my car some tough love... one of my neighbors must've said something.
For reference.
image.jpg

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Grab a Dremel and cut slots onto the broken half itself that is stuck within the X-pipe; through the slits on each side of the x-pipe itself.

Basically the slots you made will act like a shelf of sorts that you can use a thin round punch or a flat head screw driver / chisel to drive out the flange by tapping each side little by little, outward.

Put some Liquid Wrench or WD40 to help ease that piece out. Hope I am making sense.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Grab a Dremel and cut slots onto the broken half itself that is stuck within the X-pipe; through the slits on each side of the x-pipe itself.

Basically the slots you made will act like a shelf of sorts that you can use a thin round punch or a flat head screw driver / chisel to drive out the flange by tapping each side little by little, outward.

Put some Liquid Wrench or WD40 to help ease that piece out. Hope I am making sense.
If I had a Dremel I'd give it a shot. Right now my hands are cut up and I'm getting fed up.

Last edited:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
If I had a Dremel I'd give it a shot. Right now my hands are cut up and I'm getting fed up with everything. About to take the axel backs off and remove the midpipe so I can just strong arm this shit out of place. This is gonna be a three hour job at a minimum at this pace.
I know the feeling...had my hands full today removing my damn sound tube. :frusty:

Wish I could help out as well but I too am a bit aways from ya. Might be worth a trip to your local 24 hour Wally World for a Dremel or something similar.

Sponsored

Gringoloco

Boost Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST / searching for 2015 Mustang GT PP
Just a thought but I would let the car warm up for a bit so the exhaust gets warm (expand the metal) get a pair of channel locks and lock them onto the exposed lip area and yank away on the top and bottom it should wiggle out. I think if you are trying to do this cold the metal is contracted and a tight snug fit.

Stang_inang_yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Thank you for the honest reviews and assistance guys. Sean we'll get you taken care of np. PM / Contact info sent.
Shawn, I sent you a PM. Mine is supposed to ship between Aug 4-6 and I ordered it from AutoAnything. I feel bad for the OP going through with this issue and I certainly would like to receive a one piece construction or the insanely welded adapter.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Just a thought but I would let the car warm up for a bit so the exhaust gets warm (expand the metal) get a pair of channel locks and lock them onto the exposed lip area and yank away on the top and bottom it should wiggle out. I think if you are trying to do this cold the metal is contracted and a tight snug fit.
Thanks, I'll give this a shot. I'm about to upload a quick video that'll briefly explain my troubles.

I want to make it clear that this shouldn't ward anyone away from this exhaust; it's fantastic in every possible way. I'm just running into issues with the adapter replacement and it's beyond irritating at this point. Your suggestions are welcome along with any others.

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This is as far as I got after three hours of continuous pulling with pliers. Time to call it a night.
image.jpg
Sponsored