OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Quick question, it's not possible that my TTS issue is due to these missing pins, right?

I'm pretty sure, but not positive, that I just need to tweak my as-built. But that's gotta wait, because I'm mounting wheels today :D then I've gotta do an oil change :shrug: then I have to do boring domestic stuff like laundry :mad:
I just finished my swap, without any programming my TTS works fine and I am running SAT so I did pin terminals 6 and 19 on the small ACM connector and connected them to terminals 51 and 52 on the APIM. The only issue I have is when I touch the Siri button she sounds distorted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Swap is finished! I did the update to v2.2 and everything is working as it should, no DTC's for missing sensors either.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
How does the update process work now? Since MyFord tracks you as a MFT owner but you have Sync3.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
MyFord provides the download to a thumb drive. That option is only available if you have the VIN to your APIM. You add that VIN to your "garage"

Sponsored

mgrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Convertible - V6
I just finished my swap, without any programming my TTS works fine and I am running SAT so I did pin terminals 6 and 19 on the small ACM connector and connected them to terminals 51 and 52 on the APIM. The only issue I have is when I touch the Siri button she sounds distorted.
Glad to hear you are done...

Did you get the Bezel you ordered (without Heated/Cooled Seats) or just use the unit with those buttons?

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The first pic in this post is my car, non-heated seat bezel.
Although my Sync swap is done my audio mods are just beginning:cheers:

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Following. I don't mind trying this, just need total cost to come down a bit. I'm sure my wife will want this also in her 2015 Edge Sport, so my cost may be double!

Sponsored

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
I completed swap this weekend. Thank you so much for your help [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] and @Spart .

Here are the list what I didn’t do.
1. I didn’t install the new HUB. I bought a gray cable (FR3Z-14D202-B), and connected directly between APIM and Bezel. I used cheap USB cable from Amazon and connected the black cable to APIM.
2. I didn’t transfer HUB#1 and #4 to APIM since I didn’t use the hub.
3. I didn’t swap ACM#6 and #19.

I have changed following As-Built as Spart mentioned before.
ACM:
727-01-01 Factory: D800 2800 00, after Sync 3 Swap: 9800 3800 00
BCM:
Fix hazard toggle operation:
BCM 726-29-02 xxxx xxx0
ABS:
Enable drive mode toggle (part 1)
760-02-02 xxxx 7x
IPC:
Enable drive mode toggle (part 2)
720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8

I was able to update to SYNC3 v2.2 using USB stick via the Bezel USB port. But I have a few issues now…

1. The USB in the center console box does not work at all. No charging… The possibility is the cheap USB cable may not be connected all the way to APIM…
2. The Bezel USB recognize USB stick, but I cannot use it to “install” Android Auto (AA) to SYNC3... I used the USB cable, which came with the phone, but nothing happened… I used about 10 different USB cables, but there was no luck. I am not sure if my phone is too old (Nexus 6) or the USB gray cable (FR3Z-14D202-B) has to be connected to APIM via new HUB with FR3Z-14D202-A cable...

3. My phone connects to SYNC3 via Bluetooth no problem. But most of the time, SYNC cannot find and connect apps (Spotify etc).

I just ordered FR3Z-14D202-A USB cable, and I have both the hub and connector. Once I receive the cable, I will install everything (probably not doing ACM#6 and #19 swap). I will keep you posted.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I completed swap this weekend. Thank you so much for your help [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] and @Spart .

1. I didn’t install the new HUB. I bought a gray cable (FR3Z-14D202-B), and connected directly between APIM and Bezel. I used cheap USB cable from Amazon and connected the black cable to APIM.

ACM:
BCM:
BCM 726-29-02 xxxx xxx0
ABS:
760-02-02 xxxx 7x
IPC:
720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8

I was able to update to SYNC3 v2.2 using USB stick via the Bezel USB port. But I have a few issues now…

1. The USB in the center console box does not work at all. No charging… The possibility is the cheap USB cable may not be connected all the way to APIM…
2. The Bezel USB recognize USB stick, but I cannot use it to “install” Android Auto (AA) to SYNC3... I used the USB cable, which came with the phone, but nothing happened… I used about 10 different USB cables, but there was no luck. I am not sure if my phone is too old (Nexus 6) or the USB gray cable (FR3Z-14D202-B) has to be connected to APIM via new HUB with FR3Z-14D202-A cable...

3. My phone connects to SYNC3 via Bluetooth no problem. But most of the time, SYNC cannot find and connect apps (Spotify etc).

I just ordered FR3Z-14D202-A USB cable, and I have both the hub and connector. Once I receive the cable, I will install everything (probably not doing ACM#6 and #19 swap). I will keep you posted.
I can't help you with the Android Auto stuff. Haven't tried it yet, my Android phone is ancient. I also have not installed my hub yet.

I did not order any new cables. Instead, I purchased two of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5HSA3Q and plugged in the *existing* harness USB connectors to the APIM.

The cable plugged into the black APIM connector has full functionality insofar as I've used it, which doesn't include Android Auto or CarPlay. The cable plugged into the gray connector only charges, but it does charge.

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
I swapped to sync 3 from base with a premium ACM now volume is lower.

Anyone know what to change on the ACM to bring it back up to normal ?

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550

ACM:
BCM:
BCM 726-29-02 xxxx xxx0
ABS:
760-02-02 xxxx 7x
IPC:
720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8

If you are updated to 2.2 then you already have android auto. You have to enable it in the settings on the radio, then make sure AA is downloaded and updated on your device. Plug your phone into the front USB port and it should automatically pop up once it pairs with your phone. I just recently went through this with my stepdads 17 Fusion Hybrid as when I first plugged my phone into his car it wouldnt launch AA.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.