jeffrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium - Magnetic
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if there are any Canadian cars out there with the HD Radio working? My Focus ST had it, but my new GT doesn't. Manual says it should be there, but nothing. I really liked it in my last car, since I'm close enough to Detroit to get a bunch of channels.
Thanks!
Sponsored

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I live in Windsor here! Yes hd works. For most stations that offer it that is. 95.5, 96.3, as an example both have it. What is your ride man? 16, gt magnetic, auto here.

OP
OP
jeffrt

jeffrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply. Mines a 15 GT, also Magnetic, with a 6 speed.
I'll have to call the dealer and see if that is something that they can turn on somehow.
Noticed right away that the HD button on the screen wasn't there like on my Focus.

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure we'll see each other in passing! Small city! Ya the dealer should be able to assist. Have you had any luck getting your sync to display or sync the apps from your phone?

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
Hd Radio is missing on mine. Not sure why. Looked at the settings, can't figure this out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeffrt

jeffrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure we'll see each other in passing! Small city! Ya the dealer should be able to assist. Have you had any luck getting your sync to display or sync the apps from your phone?
Haven't tried any apps. Thought that didn't work in Canada but noticed you've got a 16, with Sync 3, so maybe they do now? Wonder if that's why your HD radio is active as well? I see another 15 owner has confirmed no HD as well. I'll contact the dealer and report back.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if there are any Canadian cars out there with the HD Radio working? My Focus ST had it, but my new GT doesn't. Manual says it should be there, but nothing. I really liked it in my last car, since I'm close enough to Detroit to get a bunch of channels.
Thanks!
On the 2015's, at least, you need to have the 401a package (Shaker Pro, etc.) to get HD radio. I love my HD radio, especially living next to a great radio market like the D.

I live in Lasalle and drive a red 2015 GTPP with MBRP Street exhaust. You'll hear me before you see me lol. :ninja:

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lasalle here too! Yeah I have the 401a so Jeffry, that may be the issue....

OP
OP
jeffrt

jeffrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
You may be on to something. I've got the 400A package. Still a GT Premium with the touch screen, so you'd think it would be there. Bummer. I really liked that in my old car.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Yeah.. HD is not on all MFT systems.. you would need to switch your ACM out to get HD Radio and then reprogram the APIM(SYNC Module) to add it

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Yeah.. HD is not on all MFT systems.. you would need to switch your ACM out to get HD Radio and then reprogram the APIM(SYNC Module) to add it
It's crazy HD radio isn't standard by now. It adds next to nothing to the production cost of the radio.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
It's crazy HD radio isn't standard by now. It adds next to nothing to the production cost of the radio.
Yes.. But it's a thing to put into a package to get you to upgrade to a car that has more profit in it.. I'll tell you.. Ford is the strangest company when it comes to how the package cars.. My 15 explorer sport had everything you could get.. But you can't get them with hid lights.. But you can in an XLT? They are strange.. Very strange in their packages
Sponsored