Sponsored

Deep loud rumbling exhaust suggestions for 2016 Mustang GT

stangsince07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, about to purchase 2016
I ordered a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and will hopefully have it within the next month. I want to add an aftermarket exhaust that has a nice deep loud rumble but without a lot of drone. Originally I thought Flowmasters (I have that on my current 07) but in searching I think that there are better options. My question is:
What aftermarket exhaust (either axle back or cat back; probably going with cat back tho) has a nice deep, loud growl when idling and/or take off but not with a lot of drone when cruising? I've heard a few suggestions but I find them a little too whiny and high pitched (not like Fast and the Furious, but still too whiny for my liking)...
Also, any other mods you'd suggest?

2016 Mustang GT Premium
Magnetic Metallic
Black Accent package
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
American Racing Header catback is up your alley. If not, definately look for a system with an H pipe

Last edited:

Sooner 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Performance Pkg Race Red
I ordered a 2016 Mustang GT Premium and will hopefully have it within the next month. I want to add an aftermarket exhaust that has a nice deep loud rumble but without a lot of drone. Originally I thought Flowmasters (I have that on my current 07) but in searching I think that there are better options. My question is:
What aftermarket exhaust (either axle back or cat back; probably going with cat back tho) has a nice deep, loud growl when idling and/or take off but not with a lot of drone when cruising? I've heard a few suggestions but I find them a little too whiny and high pitched (not like Fast and the Furious, but still too whiny for my liking)...

2016 Mustang GT Premium
Magnetic Metallic
Black Accent package
I had Flowmaster Outlaws and have since switched to Corsa Extreme. Flowmasters drone pretty bad, at least the Outlaws do. They sound really good and deep, but were pretty raspy (I had the FRPP X-pipe as well). The Extremes aren't for everyone though as they are loud and have a pretty unique sound. The Corsa Sports are a great option though in my opinion. Also, the Corsas have zero drone.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment

2016 Mustang GT Premium
Magnetic Metallic
Black Accent package
i too have been searching for a classic muscle car deep tone and the two that seem to be the best are MRT Interceptor Catback and the ARH Catback. I'm leaning towards the ARH myself at this point; everyone says there is no drone.

Jbenso127

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP M6 Ingot/Saddle.
Magnaflow Street CB here... I love it. Nice and deep. Could use a little more decibel but that will come with the long tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

scottdb1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium RR,43S,67G,975,RR,77R,94N
Kooks cat back w/ h pipe ,very little drone but sound nice when you get on it.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
ARH catback

[ame]

Magnaflow streets / competitions also give you a deep sound depending on how much volume you want.

[ame]

medic1470

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 s550 gt
I am currently running the MRT KR muffler delete and SR performance x-pipe. It sounds awesome. I have not noticed any drone during my commute. 75mph 2k rpm in 6th gear.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Borla s-type with H pipe. Sound is deep and loud. And no drone.

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
MBRP race is very deep. It will drone pretty bad at just the right RPM, though.

Of Wolf and Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT
If you send a message to COYOTEV8 he may send you a video of the Solo Performace Mach system that they are about to release. It has a nice deep tone with J pipes to tune out any drone.

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Roush Axlebacks with stock resonator IMO.

OP
OP
stangsince07

stangsince07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, about to purchase 2016
Dude, that sounds DOPE!! More race car sound than I wanted but I think I like it at least as much as what I was looking for after listening to the video a few times...PLUS it adds up to 32 HP! But $2200 might be a little steep after dropping what will probably be $42000 on it...but whats $2200 more, right? lol
Sponsored