Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
  • Banned
ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® with MyFord Touch® systems includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Siri® Eyes Free*:
•Now iPhone users can use Siri® Eyes Free with SYNC® with MyFord Touch®. With simple voice commands, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® enables you to operate the iPhone and SYNC® together. Siri® Eyes Free can be activated by pressing and holding the voice button for at least 3 seconds.

Secure, simple phone pairing:
•Phone pairing is now easier.

Automatic reconnection:
•If your phone disconnects, SYNC® with MyFord Touch® will automatically reconnect it.

Easier entry of destinations for China:
•Now SYNC® with MyFord Touch® allows for easier entry of destinations.

*Feature requires compatible hardware.
Siri Eyes Free.jpg
Sponsored

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
How long does it generally take for the update to show on the website? My Sync site still shows 3.7. Also, does the siri command work with Android for Google now? I doubt it but I was just wondering.

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
How long does it generally take for the update to show on the website? My Sync site still shows 3.7. Also, does the siri command work with Android for Google now? I doubt it but I was just wondering.
The update was apparently posted sometime yesterday. I was able to download and install it this evening.

I don't know what all it fixes, and unfortunately, I am flying out at 6:30 in the morning and won't have a chance to drive it until next Saturday. :-(

I am hoping like hell that it improves the noise cancellation on the outbound side. My bluetooth is basically unusable at freeway speeds because the noise cancellation cuts out everything. If I leave myself a voicemail at 65mph, all I hear is either a roar from the road noise, or my voice cutting in & out.

My wife's '12 Focus had the same problem until a sync update about a year ago, and now it's awesome - so I can hope!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Better than no update, but it would be nice if they could bring Apple Car Play and Android Auto to both MFT and Sync 3.

DaleH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50 Anniversary Convertible
I've downloaded; hoping to run update tomorrow.

Just finished update; took awhile but all seems good. Just know everything goes back to factory settings and you'll lose any customized settings, including wallpaper. I didn't save my wallpaper and had to recreate.

Last edited:

Sponsored

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ran mine tonight.

Siri works, UI seems a tad snappier and my new iPhone 6S connects faster.

Now CarPlay please...

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Ran mine tonight.

Siri works, UI seems a tad snappier and my new iPhone 6S connects faster.

Now CarPlay please...
Same here, feels faster.

alterbrett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Soooo glad this came out. While a CarPlay update would be great I'm not holding my breath. However, considering you can basically ask Siri to do anything now it makes the lack of CarPlay support not that big of a deal. This drastically improved voice recognition in the car which up until now was very annoying to use. With Siri you can easily ask for directions, play a song, and listen to a text. I have longed for this feature for years and can't believe that people who have the capability in their car don't use it. Voice recognition in the car is incredibly useful. Outside the car it seems somewhat dumb. Inside the car? Gamechanger IMO

Desmondo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB Premium w/201A,NAV,CC,RPA,ESP
Are we ever going to get similar capability with Android phones as iPhones currently have with SYNC3?

It pisses me off that I can't control music when connected via USB through my phone, as opposed to the screen (can't scroll to various parts of a track via a slider).

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
For those that have installed the update - how long did it actually take to update the system once you put the USB drive in? And can you go for a drive or do you have to just sit there and let the car idle?

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Same here, feels faster.

How much of a HP gain do you think you got? ;)

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lol

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package ETA Feb (US Port) under MSRP

OP
OP

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
For those that have installed the update - how long did it actually take to update the system once you put the USB drive in? And can you go for a drive or do you have to just sit there and let the car idle?
About 20 minutes. You can drive while it is going.

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium