Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You guys wear watches?
I'm old (46).

Plus, us old folks like utility items that work without charging, work underwater, don't break when dropped, don't require a signal and don't make us look like hipsters. :p
Sponsored

ShelbyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Question.... How do you insure a car that sells for more than MSRP? Will the major insurance carriers value the vehicle over retail?

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Uh... That's easy. They insure it for blue book and you're on your own for paying any more.

If your loan is more than blue book, you should probably have GAP insurance.

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Question.... How do you insure a car that sells for more than MSRP? Will the major insurance carriers value the vehicle over retail?
Check to see if your insurance company insures for market value--I.E. what you pay off of a dealers lot, or if they insure at MSRP. Ask to speak directly to your agent as most agency employees know not for which they speak :-) In CA, where I have my insurance license, most companies offer replacement cost and do a survey of vehicles on dealers lots, in the same condition as the vehicle totaled (pre-total), to arrive at the vehicle's value. That being said, gap insurance is always a good idea if you estimate you will be underwater in the vehicle at any point in the loan's term...

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Check your financing deal to see if they include GAP coverage the loan provider may include it or the dealership may provide it ad hoc or part of a maintenance program. Some auto insurance companies also offer it, so check with your insurance also.

Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
You can buy 'stated value' insurance. You state the value you wish to cover, and your premium will be reflective of that amount. Much like buying life insurance in varying amounts.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
If you don't intend to put a lot of miles on your Shelby, I would suggest some of the collector car agencies. Although, I believe some of them don't even limit mileage. Premium is based on "agreed value". I think they will probably agree on MSRP at this time. Annual premiums should be around $1,000.

I'll be getting actual quotes this week and will post them.....

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
I was just at a local dealer in San Diego to check out Costco pricing on a GT. They had both a Track pack and a Tech pack in their showroom with 30k ADM's. They said they might consider negotiating their ADM for a serious buyer. Wow.... :eyebulge:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
Blue Book value (online) of a Shelby GT350 2016 track pak with stripes USED with less that 1000 miles is between $72,000-$79,000. That's market vakue for a private sale. There is no problem insuring these cars for their value. Whoever buys them for less or at MSRP makes a tidy profit on the books.
Sponsored