Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
TL,DR: Show me pics of badass Mustangs to help me chose a color!

What's up guys! First post here. I'm a die hard Mustang enthusiast, and I'm looking to get my 4th Mustang.

I have had (3) S197's, over the past 10 years, and I'm ready to get an S550!

Looking for some motivation to finally pull the trigger, since I'm still indecisive on a couple of things!

Here's what I've got so far: (*main reasons)

- 2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback Manual
- 401A Package (*BLIS and Memory Seats)
- GT Performance Package (*Torsen Diff)
- Enhanced Security Package (*Electronic Locking Center Console)
- Reverse Park Assist (*Because Race Car haha)
- Voice Activated Navigation (*Road Trips)
- Premier Trim w/ Color Accent Group (*Redline/Ebony)

I am currently stuck on my exterior and interior color as my hurdle before pulling the trigger.

I really like all of the colors. I have owned a Black, Alloy Gray, and Kona Blue Mustang. My current F150 is Race Red. With that said, I am stuck between going with something I've done before and trying something new.

My heart was set on Competition Orange with Ebony Interior, but I feel I may grow tired of the color in time.

The Ingot Silver really shows the body lines with it's metallic properties, specifically with the values of the color in shadows.

I've always wanted a White Mustang, and this body looks great in white!

Seeing what I've seen in person, I like the Deep Impact Blue the best! It's an amazing color and shows great contrast against some of the black trim. I prefer the Kona Blue to the DIB, but it's still a great color!

Magnetic looks so good too, especially with the Redline interior. This color combo is literally at the top of my list right now and would be the order placed if a gun were to my head. It's a very close color to the Alloy Gray that I owned for a short period. I loved that color!

Black with Redline would be a special tribute for me, as my very first Mustang is a 2005 Mustang GT Premium Coupe in Black w/ Red Leather interior. I bought it almost 10 years ago to the day. I sold it to my mom 7 years ago when my son was born, and she still has the car to this day. All 450rwhp out of a Kenne Bell 2.6L!

Race Red and Ruby Red are gorgeous colors! I have a big Supercrew F150 in Race Red, so I'm leaning against more red.

The Triple Yellow and Guard don't really do anything for me, so I'm not really considering either one.

I also own a White Platinum Explorer Sport, so it will be a plus if they look great together!!

I've been lurking for several months, but finally joined today. Some of you guys may have known me before as S197 GT.

Some eye candy for your troubles:

Sponsored

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
TL,DR: Show me pics of badass Mustangs to help me chose a color!
Good luck! Most difficult choice ever!!! I went from Triple Yellow to Guard to Triple Yellow to Race Red. :crazy: My '13 is Performance White, which I love, but I definitely wanted some color this time.

In the end, what really helped me was seeing the colors on metal. Triple Yellow and Race Red in particular look far more beautiful to me in person than in any of the pics I've seen around here. I also feel that brighter colors - including Oxford and Ingot - make the S550's lines pop a little more and provide a nice contrast with the black trim and dark interior.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I can not imagine why you feel the need for an S550.....
gt500 1.jpg

I mean, its pretty, the black is amazing....
Screen Shot 2014-12-17 at 2.36.57 PM.png

The lines are practically perfect...
magnetic gt.jpg

and the performance is unmatched in the price range...
supper.jpg

awwww dammit, who am i kidding - go get you some!!!!!!!
1460140_10204742425058489_9121345530269077840_n.jpg
10659271_10204742946711530_2442464694665171533_n.jpg
604096_10204742944951486_7510768506320162307_n.jpg
10365956_10204742946231518_4740976255200438995_n.jpg

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Not an easy decision. I was royally pissed when it became apparent grabber blue wasn't going to be available. I'm a diehard fan of black (my current 5.0 is black) but it's a nightmare to clean and maintain, as i'm sure you're aware of if you previously owned a black stang.

That being said, I immediately gravitated towards Guard, but became hesitant after seeing a few photos in which the car looked to have a yellowish/brown tinge. So I ended up going with Magnetic. As of now I don't regret my choice whatsoever (still waiting for her to arrive), but some of the other choices that I previously didn't even consider have definitely grown on me. Ruby Red, Competition Orange, and DIB all look great.

Considering your choice for interior, I would vote for magnetic or black (if you're up for it). Also, do you plan on keeping the PP rims or will you be going for something aftermarket? That may also be something to consider. Some colors are easier to match with certain rims, IMO.

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
I was torn between Deep impact blue and Guard. I ended up getting DIB, as I was able to see it in person. The dealer I ordered through, had every color on the lot except Guard :(

I'm extreamly happy with my choice I love DIB in the sunlight, as you get hints of purple. Also I got Dark Sattle for the seats. Again I saw this combo in person and it was truly stunning.

I don't have my car yet, but here's a pic I took in Forza 5!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Project Whitemare

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I've decided against the Black, and am now torn between Magnetic, Deep Impact Blue, and Competition Orange, and White.

So hard to commit. :frusty:

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I've decided against the Black, and am now torn between Magnetic, Deep Impact Blue, and Competition Orange, and White.
All of those are excellent colors in their own right. I chose Magnetic for several reasons - 1) contrast with a different color leather interior (I have saddle, the Redline is a great contrasting option), 2) ease of maintenance (when dirty won't look quite as "dirty"), 3) go with the wheel color of the optional 18" 5-spoke "foundry" wheels.

If got Competition Orange, I'd be looking at the contract with black wheels, and if it was DIB, then I would choose a silver-colored wheel.

Good luck!

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
you have red and white cars...sounds like you need a blue one now.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I like your taste in vehicles! You can't go wrong with a monochrome exterior and redline combo. Ingot, magnetic, and white would all match well. I personally like the first two when matched with redline, and I really wasn't that impressed with Oxford white. I was actually hoping to like white, but it really hides the lines in person, especially from any rear viewpoint.

And DIB... you can't go wrong there. As for CO, that is way more orange than I thought it would be. It pops, especially with the PP's black wheels. Not sure about you, but it's too much for me.

Sounds like you need to go stalk your local dealer lots.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium

So hard to commit. :frusty:

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Magnetic, DIB, and OW are my top three favorite colors on the car. I will say, the DIB isn't particularly low maintenance. It shows off dust spectacularly well. After seeing CO in person, my affection for it waned considerably. Maybe it was the lack of sparkle in the paint. To me, that color and RR just don't pop on the S550.

Having DIB, the only color that makes me look long and hard with any bit of remorse is OW.

Sponsored

289isfine

289isfine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1200R
Good luck! Most difficult choice ever!!! I went from Triple Yellow to Guard to Triple Yellow to Race Red. :crazy: My '13 is Performance White, which I love, but I definitely wanted some color this time.

In the end, what really helped me was seeing the colors on metal. Triple Yellow and Race Red in particular look far more beautiful to me in person than in any of the pics I've seen around here. I also feel that brighter colors - including Oxford and Ingot - make the S550's lines pop a little more and provide a nice contrast with the black trim and dark interior.
Agree completely. A lot of work went into the surface details, and they're quite nicely done. A lighter color to
show it off.

Now, what to do about the black PP wheels..?

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
No sales pitch needed..look at this.
IMG_20141111_205931.jpg

OP
OP
Project Whitemare

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
All of those are excellent colors in their own right. I chose Magnetic for several reasons - 1) contrast with a different color leather interior (I have saddle, the Redline is a great contrasting option), 2) ease of maintenance (when dirty won't look quite as "dirty"), 3) go with the wheel color of the optional 18" 5-spoke "foundry" wheels.

If got Competition Orange, I'd be looking at the contract with black wheels, and if it was DIB, then I would choose a silver-colored wheel.

Good luck!

Good insight Tony. I recognize your name. You've been around the Mustang community for sometime, right?

you have red and white cars...sounds like you need a blue one now.
I like where your mind is! My 11 was Kona Blue, so I've been there before. Love the color, but may be looking for a change this time around.

I like your taste in vehicles! You can't go wrong with a monochrome exterior and redline combo. Ingot, magnetic, and white would all match well. I personally like the first two when matched with redline, and I really wasn't that impressed with Oxford white. I was actually hoping to like white, but it really hides the lines in person, especially from any rear viewpoint.

And DIB... you can't go wrong there. As for CO, that is way more orange than I thought it would be. It pops, especially with the PP's black wheels. Not sure about you, but it's too much for me.

Sounds like you need to go stalk your local dealer lots.
I agree completely with your recommendations. All good color combos! I actually work at a dealer, so I am lucky enough to see and drive them all. Not to mention D Plan pricing on one!!!

Magnetic, DIB, and OW are my top three favorite colors on the car. I will say, the DIB isn't particularly low maintenance. It shows off dust spectacularly well. After seeing CO in person, my affection for it waned considerably. Maybe it was the lack of sparkle in the paint. To me, that color and RR just don't pop on the S550.

Having DIB, the only color that makes me look long and hard with any bit of remorse is OW.
The Magnetic sure would be great for hiding dust and pollen. Such a gorgeous color!

Agree completely. A lot of work went into the surface details, and they're quite nicely done. A lighter color to
show it off.

Now, what to do about the black PP wheels..?
I think a light color like white, silver, or even orange really do a great job of showing off the curves! I like my Mustang like I like my women...with child bearing hips! Hahaha!

Ingot Silver. Silver with Redline interior is classy. You haven't specified if this is DD or not. If DD go Silver, if your toy go DIB.
DD for sure. I have DD'd all of my Mustangs. 630 rwhp with your daily driver is really fun! Doesn't make much difference for me as far as color choice, as I'll likely be pretty much on top of the paint maintenance from the get go.

No sales pitch needed..look at this.
This picture is literally the reason I didn't pick up a White w/ Redline GTPP the other night. I am really digging this color combo! Beautiful car! :clap2:

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Yes, everybody; steer him away from guard ;)
Sponsored