Sponsored

So why won't sync read my text messages?

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
Mine read one to me today but I was sitting still. It isn't a safety problem when I am sitting still. It is unsafe to be messing with my phone while I am driving. But it won't read them while I am driving. It's like it is backwards. I have reset sync and re-paired my phone to no avail.
lol mine reads fine when driving but wont send...it just says failed to send.
Sponsored

OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Well after resetting my phone and car I finally got the prompt to stay on screen long enough to hit the listen button. I don't know why it won't let me use voice commands to listen to it but this is something. It is probably my phone. My wife has an older version and it will allow me to say "listen" and it will read it to me.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
I deleted my phone from the car, then re-paired it. But every time I do the phone defaults to the notifications -> off setting for that Bluetooth connection. Even if I then turn the notifications on, it still says that the device is not configured for text messaging by Bluetooth. I'll say again I never updated the phone. My conclusion is therefore that the MFT 3.8 update has somehow bricked the text messaging feature. :rant:

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for the help on the receiving! Got mine working on that. Now I'm having trouble sending. It displays a "Failed to send" message everytime. Any tips on that?
Hey keiths2kgt,

You're welcome! :)

I deleted my phone from the car, then re-paired it. But every time I do the phone defaults to the notifications -> off setting for that Bluetooth connection. Even if I then turn the notifications on, it still says that the device is not configured for text messaging by Bluetooth. I'll say again I never updated the phone. My conclusion is therefore that the MFT 3.8 update has somehow bricked the text messaging feature. :rant:
Hi Boff,

Have you tried soft resetting your phone? Hold down the POWER button and the HOME button until the Apple logo appears.

You may also want to try performing a master reset to SYNC: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...re-updates/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

Keep me posted.

Whitney

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
OK so out of nowhere my system is now reading my texts, although I didn't restart phone or car. So I guess I have to retract (tentatively) my harsh judgement on the MFT 3.8 update.

Next thing...the "reply" button for canned responses is greyed out, even when the car is parked.

Sponsored

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next thing...the "reply" button for canned responses is greyed out, even when the car is parked.
I have the same issue. Using the voice commands gets me further but it displays a 'Send message failed.' error

OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Well it still doesn't work when driving. I will just have to look at my phone if I need to read a text.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
OK so out of nowhere my system is now reading my texts, although I didn't restart phone or car. So I guess I have to retract (tentatively) my harsh judgement on the MFT 3.8 update.

I have the same issue. Using the voice commands gets me further but it displays a 'Send message failed.' error
Hi guys,

If you both have iPhones and MyFord Touch, you will not be able to reply to texts via MFT. You can use Siri by pressing and holding the VOICE button on the steering wheel for three seconds. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Well it still doesn't work when driving. I will just have to look at my phone if I need to read a text.
Which Windows phone do you have, x_man586?

Rebecca

OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Microsoft Lumia 640 windows phone 8.1. It worked in my 2010 fusion sel. I can scroll through the screen on the radio and press the listen button and it works. It stores the messages it just won't read them. It tries to notify me. It will flash on the screen and then disappear. On a side note the radio defaults to radio 2 and blares static too. So there are a couple of issues.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys,

If you both have iPhones and MyFord Touch, you will not be able to reply to texts via MFT. You can use Siri by pressing and holding the VOICE button on the steering wheel for three seconds. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Rebecca
The Siri option works thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Well on a whim I turned off text message notifications in sync and my phone started reading them. So I guess that was the problem. I had my wife send me a bunch of messages and it read them just fine. I also realized that I could use voice commands to read them by holding down the voice button.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The Siri option works thanks!
Well on a whim I turned off text message notifications in sync and my phone started reading them. So I guess that was the problem. I had my wife send me a bunch of messages and it read them just fine. I also realized that I could use voice commands to read them by holding down the voice button.
keiths2kgt and x_man586,

Glad to hear everything is working well! I'll let Whitney know that everything is all copacetic.

Shaay

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
ZOMG that Siri integration is DA BOMB yo! It works amazing for texts (although I'll have to figure out how to dictate emojis). I'd never used Siri on any iPhone (in fact I turned her off because I got sick of pocket-summoning her during meetings). It'll be fun using her now!

Thanks Ford IVT team!:ford:

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
ZOMG that Siri integration is DA BOMB yo! It works amazing for texts (although I'll have to figure out how to dictate emojis). I'd never used Siri on any iPhone (in fact I turned her off because I got sick of pocket-summoning her during meetings). It'll be fun using her now!

Thanks Ford IVT team!:ford:
You're welcome, Boff! Siri can't dictate emoji's. I've tried that with my phone, but I had no luck. Hopefully it happens in the future. That would make my life complete. LOL

Anyway, I'm glad it's working. Have a great evening.

Whitney