Sponsored

So why won't sync read my text messages?

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
I have the same Windows phone as I did in my 2010 Fusion and it would say that I had a message from so and so, would I like to read it or ignore it. Now I get a brief flash on the screen and nothing. I have to scroll through the menu to get to the message, select it, then it reads it.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It won't on my iPhone too.

OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mine will read it if I am sitting still. If I am moving to won't.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys,

Since most of you (if not all) have already performed master resets and clean pairings, I'm thinking this is a SYNC compatibility issue. I suggest waiting for the next SYNC update.

We still don't have the exact release date, but make sure you're periodically checking your SYNC accounts: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Whitney

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Hey guys,

Since most of you (if not all) have already performed master resets and clean pairings, I'm thinking this is a SYNC compatibility issue. I suggest waiting for the next SYNC update.

We still don't have the exact release date, but make sure you're periodically checking your SYNC accounts: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Whitney
I would like to have more customization for the home screen.
I wish there is a suggestion box so we can pitch in ideas for the interface. It really can be something awesome. Tesla made a great center console with one single display.

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Mine worked perfectly BEFORE the last MFT/Sync update (3.8). I have an iPhone 6 running the last iteration of iOS8.x and I did not update it before or after the MFT update. Now, after the MFT/Sync update (which otherwise went smoothly) it says something along the lines of "text messaging by Bluetooth is not supported".

AGGRAVATING.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Mine worked perfectly BEFORE the last MFT/Sync update (3.8). I have an iPhone 6 running the last iteration of iOS8.x and I did not update it before or after the MFT update. Now, after the MFT/Sync update (which otherwise went smoothly) it says something along the lines of "text messaging by Bluetooth is not supported".

AGGRAVATING.
Yep me too. I get them read every 1 in 5 now after the newest upgrade. No problems before.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would like to have more customization for the home screen.
I wish there is a suggestion box so we can pitch in ideas for the interface. It really can be something awesome. Tesla made a great center console with one single display.
jasonstang,

There actually is something like that. Check out Ford Social: https://social.ford.com/content/fordsocial/en/home-page.html

AGGRAVATING.
Hey Boff,

Check the settings on your iPhone and make sure the feature is set to on: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...o-receive-text-messages-from-your-iphone.html

You can also try turning Bluetooth off on MFT and back on.

Yep me too. I get them read every 1 in 5 now after the newest upgrade. No problems before.
z06psi,

Have you tried a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...re-updates/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

Whitney

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
Well I'll be damned...notifications was turned off on my phone. Not sure how that happened, but thanks for the tip!

Sponsored
OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I guess I will wait for an update.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
You're welcome, Boff. I'm glad it's working for you! :)

Whitney
Thanks for the help on the receiving! Got mine working on that. Now I'm having trouble sending. It displays a "Failed to send" message everytime. Any tips on that?

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
You're welcome, Boff. I'm glad it's working for you! :)

Whitney
Not so fast...I fixed the setting on my phone but it is still not reading my text messages. Perhaps I'll try re-pairing the phone. The good thing is that it is dead nuts simple on MFT (unlike the Town & Country I rented recently). :ford:

OP
OP
x_man586

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mine read one to me today but I was sitting still. It isn't a safety problem when I am sitting still. It is unsafe to be messing with my phone while I am driving. But it won't read them while I am driving. It's like it is backwards. I have reset sync and re-paired my phone to no avail.
Sponsored