Deep loud rumbling exhaust suggestions for 2016 Mustang GT

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Liking it more. It was not what I expected. Louder than I thought it would be; as loud as my old Foxes with Flowmaster American Thunder, but in a different, more aggressive way. Very quiet cruising above 1500 rpm. I did find that slow cruising (under 50 mph, 6th gear, less than 1500 rpm) will bring an ugly drone. I guess the guys with 3.73 gears never run like that so it never got reported. But an AT does that all the time. I have learned to hold it in 5th gear to keep the revs up, and that fixes it.

When playing, it sounds great as long as you like the sound of the Coyote, which is different. The harsh, popping sound is really different for me, and it comes on strong at 3000 rpm. Very aggressive. Not high and raspy like the FRPP systems, but deeper. I get lots of positive comment from outside the car.
I just did a resonator delete and get a bit of drone right at 1250 RPM. I'm sure it'd be amplified with an axle-back. Unfortunately I can't kill it with a Helmholtz resonator because it would require a J-pipe in the range of 45"+ in length :(.
Sponsored

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
MBRP Street Exhaust here and I love it! Nice deep rumble when you start it. It's also a lot louder outside than I initially expected it to be. Oh well :).

Here is a video of me driving around town.
[ame]

ks_s550

Saini GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
MBRP Street Exhaust here and I love it! Nice deep rumble when you start it. It's also a lot louder outside than I initially expected it to be. Oh well :).

Saw your video a few days ago. It's what finally helped me decide on the exhaust and pull the trigger.:thumbsup:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
To the guys with MF Comps. Did the drone go away with the change in weather? I've got the street, and noticed since the temps outside have dropped it is quieter too. Driving in this morning the temps were in the 40's, but going home this afternoon it will be close to 70 and I will notice a difference in volume levels, drone, etc...

Just like I thought that my notchy shifting went away with a fluid change, it came back with cooler temps

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
Saw your video a few days ago. It's what finally helped me decide on the exhaust and pull the trigger.:thumbsup:
Congratulations man! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine! :headbang:

Sponsored

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red

Jeez...watching that video tells me what an antisocial maniac I am behind the wheel. :headbonk:

I went with MBRP street myself (in transit to me now)...the CJPP video sold me on it. But good to see from the your video that it is possible to drive around emitting sensible levels of rumble.

suckerv

IG: @amelias550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, OP, but I have the Steeda axle backs with the resonator in place, and I LOVE the sound. Here's a vid:

Dwlow09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual 301A, with black package. 2014Cadillac XTS
Who is offering biggest discount for catbacks or axlebacks. Looking to buy in 2 weeks and don't care if it's cj pony parts, am, teambeefcake, or lmr.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Who is offering biggest discount for catbacks or axlebacks. Looking to buy in 2 weeks and don't care if it's cj pony parts, am, teambeefcake, or lmr.
Discounts vary depending on the manufacturer. So let me know what you're looking for and I'll tell you what we can offer on that line/item.

Thanks, Jared

6g4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium, Black
Lmao how come no one here mentioned the stainlessworks catback? I'm in the same exact position as OP and those were the ones I settled on (haven't bought yet, still researching hence why I'm here) since MF comp had drone issues (otherwise they were option 1).

So from all of you who've suggested so far, why not the SW catback? Just curious. Thanks!

I've also realized how different exhausts sound irl vs video. Tried to send a friend the stock exhaust of my mustang and the video just didn't capture it as well it sounds to me irl

Thanks!

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Husker went from SW to ARH because the SW droned

Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
[ame]

Dwlow09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT manual 301A, with black package. 2014Cadillac XTS
Discounts vary depending on the manufacturer. So let me know what you're looking for and I'll tell you what we can offer on that line/item.

Thanks, Jared
Looking at mbrp street or borla s type axlebacks. I already have mrt h pipe

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Looking at mbrp street or borla s type axlebacks. I already have mrt h pipe
I'm not sure what sound your looking for. I sold my MBRP street and got Borla s-type axle backs with lethal H-pipe. having both they sound like 2 different cars. MBRP is very raspy. Some like that sound. I wanted it louder at idle to. Borla is deeper and sounds more old school. No drone but you do hear the tone of the exhaust on the highway. It just lets you know it's there when your ready. I'm very happy now but headers are needed for next summer.

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
[ame]https://vimeo.com/146197889[/ame]

[ame]https://vimeo.com/146197959[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored