Sponsored

Ford In-Vehicle Technology Team

Capt_Vic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EB 50th Annv, 1998 F-150
Navigation Update

Found a Navigation update under the Software Licenses tab in my car yesterday. The application name is "Navigation/16777215". When I tried to install the update, it told me to insert a USB drive. So I went to the SyncMyRide.com site and there I found there is no update available. So which is it? Is there an update or not?

Thanks
Sponsored

5.0onBoard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GTPPP
Is there any way to change the order of the sources that appear in the list on the entertainment tab. I use FM or Bluetooth stereo the most but Bluetooth stereo is on the 2nd page of the list and pressing the arrow down is a PITA everytime.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Press and hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons simultaneously until the phone restarts. This soft reset improves the Bluetooth connection with SYNC. Pull up Pandora on the phone and make sure the app isn't asking you to log in. Keep the app running (at least in the background). Press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say MOBILE APPS. Does SYNC still have trouble finding Pandora?

Kim
This works for MFT or the base system? I havent had any luck using voice commands or the steering wheel controls with Pandora on the MFT "premium" system (though it worked great on my '12 base).

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Found a Navigation update under the Software Licenses tab in my car yesterday. The application name is "Navigation/16777215". When I tried to install the update, it told me to insert a USB drive. So I went to the SyncMyRide.com site and there I found there is no update available. So which is it? Is there an update or not?

Thanks
:confused: Where are you finding that tab? I presume you have MyFord Touch?

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
This is not telling you an update is available. You are simply viewing the navigation license. The system itself never tells you if you have an update available. Only SYNCMYRIDE.COM will yell you that.

Sponsored

Capt_Vic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red EB 50th Annv, 1998 F-150
Nav Update

Well that's what I thought. Thanks for the info.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
i am a Military Contractor stationed in Germany,
My 'Stang is a US model and the radio only stops at Odd frequencies (e.g 98.7)
AFN in my new Area is 100.2 so I can't listen to it, is there any way to allow the radio to stop on even frequencies?

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
i am a Military Contractor stationed in Germany,
My 'Stang is a US model and the radio only stops at Odd frequencies (e.g 98.7)
AFN in my new Area is 100.2 so I can't listen to it, is there any way to allow the radio to stop on even frequencies?
Sending you a PM with contact info of someone in that area that can do it.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Sending you a PM with contact info of someone in that area that can do it.
I was going to suggest telling AFN to switch to a real 'murrican frequency :D

DonShady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 V6 Black, S550 GT Premium Race Red Manual
Hi Rebecca/Kim,

MFT is working very well for me except for one thing: when playing music from a USB the album art shows up sometimes, but not other times (if not, it usually shows a generic genre image). I've spent a lot of time going through all the tags in my music files, and applying the various fixes reported elsewhere (e.g. max size 500x500 pixels, converting all the tags to ID3 v2.3, turning off Gracenote completely) but I still have the issue. I'm pretty sure the issue is with MFT, since for a given track, sometimes the album art shows up and sometimes it doesn't (for instance, it will show up, but if I turn off the car mid-song it won't show up upon restarting, or vice versa).

Thanks!
I had the same issue. I had to make sure that the cover art size was not too large(cant say a number but i had luck with making them less than 150kb) after which I had no issues.

Sponsored

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
I had the same issue. I had to make sure that the cover art size was not too large(cant say a number but i had luck with making them less than 150kb) after which I had no issues.
I never considered file size for the art (only dimensions). I'll go back and check that. :thumbsup:

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Hey Ford team I just got my car yesterday and Im already butting heads with the base model Sync. Most of it works well, but I have some things that need to be fixed.

1. The Media button needs to cycle to bluetooth audio if a connection is currently established. Pressing the media button should do this BLUETOOTH>USB1>USB2>BLUETOOTH etc. Please add this feature.

2. While most times its good about reconnecting to my bluetooth (iphone 6+ on most recent firmware) and playing the audio source that I last used (Pandora), occasionally it would not start playing BT audio and instead blasts out FM radio (which is 20% louder than my BT at full volume).

Both of these issues result in this problem:

To to get it back to bluetooth I have to hit the Sync button, wait for it to talk (I dont want it to prompt me, just ding), then say 'Bluetooth Audio" wait for it to talk then say "play".

How to resolve:

1. Make the Media button cycle through USBs and BT Audio.

2. Have the system try harder and be more patient for a BT connection, and not just quickly fall back to FM. I find FM to be a cheese grater. Please, no. It will even connect on BT to the phone, but if it cant get BT audio started it just derps out and becomes an FMtard.

In my next episode I will be critical of the amount of buttons used to achieve what 1/4 of the buttons could do if properly thought through.

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Thing's I think will make Sync 3 better:
1. Mixed presets instead of separate ones because not everyone listens to AM. Just have 6 sets of 6 presets.
2. Home page display customization allowing to show radio, climate control, and phone connection on one screen.
3. Eco automatic climate control without activating the compressor.

Changes to dash:
1. Full brightness even when lights are turned on. Sometimes during dusk or dawn, I like to have the lights on so people can see my car when sun is in their eyes, but the dash is too dim to read. A lot of cars have a setting would allow full brightness of the gauges at anytime.
2. Customized info screen. Do a split screen showing four or more information at the sometime about the car for example Compass/Tansmission temp/tire pressure/and DTE should be displayed just like the trip meter with a quad split screen.
3. Special screen for sport mode with bigger gear position and speed readings for automatics.

Last edited:
OP
OP

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Ford team I just got my car yesterday and Im already butting heads with the base model Sync. Most of it works well, but I have some things that need to be fixed.

1. The Media button needs to cycle to bluetooth audio if a connection is currently established. Pressing the media button should do this BLUETOOTH>USB1>USB2>BLUETOOTH etc. Please add this feature.

2. While most times its good about reconnecting to my bluetooth (iphone 6+ on most recent firmware) and playing the audio source that I last used (Pandora), occasionally it would not start playing BT audio and instead blasts out FM radio (which is 20% louder than my BT at full volume).

Both of these issues result in this problem:

To to get it back to bluetooth I have to hit the Sync button, wait for it to talk (I dont want it to prompt me, just ding), then say 'Bluetooth Audio" wait for it to talk then say "play".

How to resolve:

1. Make the Media button cycle through USBs and BT Audio.

2. Have the system try harder and be more patient for a BT connection, and not just quickly fall back to FM. I find FM to be a cheese grater. Please, no. It will even connect on BT to the phone, but if it cant get BT audio started it just derps out and becomes an FMtard.

In my next episode I will be critical of the amount of buttons used to achieve what 1/4 of the buttons could do if properly thought through.
Thing's I think will make Sync 3 better:
1. Mixed presets instead of separate ones because not everyone listens to AM. Just have 6 sets of 6 presets.
2. Home page display customization allowing to show radio, climate control, and phone connection on one screen.
3. Eco automatic climate control without activating the compressor.

Changes to dash:
1. Full brightness even when lights are turned on. Sometimes during dusk or dawn, I like to have the lights on so people can see my car when sun is in their eyes, but the dash is too dim to read. A lot of cars have a setting would allow full brightness of the gauges at anytime.
2. Customized info screen. Do a split screen showing four or more information at the sometime about the car for example Compass/Tansmission temp/tire pressure/and DTE should be displayed just like the trip meter with a quad split screen.
3. Special screen for sport mode with bigger gear position and speed readings for automatics.

Hey guys,

Check out Ford Social. You can drop these great ideas there: https://social.ford.com/content/fordsocial/en/home-page.html

Also, ultimate warrior we're currently working on another update to address the audio source concern for Bluetooth audio. We don't have an ETA just yet, but stay tuned: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Whitney
Sponsored