Sponsored

MFT SYNC 3.8 has Siri Eyes Free

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Finally upgraded mine. Getting a lot of crackling audio distortion with Siri's voice over Bluetooth all of sudden. Didn't happen before. I'll see if it was transient or not tomorrow.

Looks like the commands you can give Siri are limited, compared to just holding the iPhone b button or yelling "Hey Siri". I tried to open a speedometer app via the steering wheel button, and got the "can't do that while driving" but then held the home on the iPhone and it worked okay. Maybe it has to build commands but I assume its locked down for safety.
Follow-up. No crackling noise. Working as expected now.

Siri sounds fine, although the length to hold the "Sync button" seems a bit too long, and I'm worried the limited command set might become annoying.
Sponsored

hithot2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang ecoboost
I tired to download form ford website.
Can you give me the zip file?

nuttinbutagstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I installed it last night. It went smoothly at first. After a remote start, Siri Eyes Free stopped working. So did Ford Voice Activation. The talk button was unresponsive. I performed a reset to factory defaults and Siri worked again. It stopped after a remote start again. After starting my car the normal way a few times it came back. Anyone else have this issue?

OP
OP

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
I installed it last night. It went smoothly at first. After a remote start, Siri Eyes Free stopped working. So did Ford Voice Activation. The talk button was unresponsive. I performed a reset to factory defaults and Siri worked again. It stopped after a remote start again. After starting my car the normal way a few times it came back. Anyone else have this issue?
Where did you get the update file from?

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Updated mine yesterday

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Update available for us euro guys too! Other EU users report that it took about 1 hour to do the update :eyebulge: maybe update file is bigger considering different languages.

However with the Mustang going global, Ford has to think global: probably iphone is the first system in US, but this doesn't apply to europe, especially for e.g. Italy and Spain that have android at something like 85% market share.
(not to mention rest of the world)

I won't waste 1-hour gas to only add iphone features :) they should think to add android\google now voice recognition too!

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
I've not seen anyone else post this, but I developed a problem after the update: my system no longer reads my texts. It now flashes a message that my phone does not support text messaging over Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 8.x...I haven't updated to 9.x because I had heard that it doesn't play well with the latest MFT update. I also haven't updated the OS since before the update of MFT.

Anyone else experience this?:doh:
Sponsored