Sponsored

MBRP street exhaust Mustang GT

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
I went with borla s-type with H pipe and it sounds great! just needs cat-less headers now. Spring time.
Sponsored

Boff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 401a Race Red
My MBRP Street is quite raspy. But I only hear the rasp at WOT above 3500 rpm with the windows open. Considering the tiny fraction of my driving that is done is under these conditions, I don't care. It sounds fabulous the rest of the time.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My MBRP Street is quite raspy. But I only hear the rasp at WOT above 3500 rpm with the windows open. Considering the tiny fraction of my driving that is done is under these conditions, I don't care. It sounds fabulous the rest of the time.
yep windows up, I hardly can tell. I do love the exhaust but i do a decent amount of spirited driving and it annoys the hell out of me.

Last edited:

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Do you have a soundclip of yours? I've heard others but am learning that a lot of exhaust sound different on the "same" car although video/recording quality obviously come into play a lot.

No, unfortunately. Looking back at the CJ Pony Parts review of the Borlas, you can kinda hear it, but like you said it's all down to the recording device used.

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
When you guys talk about "rasp" do you mean a tinny tone at heavy throttle? Kinda like a parallel higher-pitched metallic soundtrack playing alongside the deep V8 tone? I also have MBRP Street, and maybe I hear a little of this, but overall am very happy with it. Especially for the price, excellent value.

Sound quality is such a subjective thing, it may be hard to offer anything definitive here. Can't be measured or quantified, and all recordings are never like what it sounds in real life. Our cars are never running in a recording studio, so there are lots of environmental variables always changing too.

Sponsored

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When you guys talk about "rasp" do you mean a tinny tone at heavy throttle? Kinda like a parallel higher-pitched metallic soundtrack playing alongside the deep V8 tone? I also have MBRP Street, and maybe I hear a little of this, but overall am very happy with it. Especially for the price, excellent value.

Sound quality is such a subjective thing, it may be hard to offer anything definitive here. Can't be measured or quantified, and all recordings are never like what it sounds in real life. Our cars are never running in a recording studio, so there are lots of environmental variables always changing too.
When I say rasp I mean fart can on a civic type rasp. That might be a bit harsh but it's almost equally as annoying. listen to that white GT a few comments up, that is what is sounds like exactly on mine at WOT.

Edit: Yes "parallel higher-pitched metallic soundtrack playing alongside the deep V8 tone" this.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
what the hell is blatty? call it what you want, it sounds like shiiiiiiiit lol.
sell it then, buy your $1000 catback and leave the thread ffs man

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
sell it then, buy your $1000 catback and leave the thread ffs man
Umm I think you need to calm down there bud. You know you can leave the thread if you don't like it? :headbonk::headbonk:

Sponsored

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
Umm I think you need to calm down there bud. You know you can leave the thread if you don't like it? :headbonk::headbonk:
I'm perfectly calm, bud. This is obviously a system a lot like, and you don't like it....we understand you think it sounds like a honda, you don't need to make any more posts saying the same thing over and over. enjoy your new exhaust.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm perfectly calm, bud. This is obviously a system a lot like, and you don't like it....we understand you think it sounds like a honda, you don't need to make any more posts saying the same thing over and over. enjoy your new exhaust.
I also said that I was going to wait it out a little bit more as a poster said it took a while for his to break in. This is the correct thread for this topic so go away if I annoy you, bud. Please read next time and plus others agree with me. Thanks!:cheers:

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
I also said that I was going to wait it out a little bit more as a poster said it took a while for his to break in. This is the correct thread for this topic so go away if I annoy you, bud. Please read next time and plus others agree with me. Thanks!:cheers:

Mine was broken in plenty and the high rpm wot rasp sound doesn't go away. All other time the exhaust sounds mean. Which I didn't like because I like my exhaust to sound meaner as the rpm go up. So at wot I want to be super aggressive. Which is why I went over to Corsa extreme and couldn't have been happier.

But dollar for dollar, MBRP is a great system for the cost. Best bang for the buck.

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Mine was broken in plenty and the high rpm wot rasp sound doesn't go away. All other time the exhaust sounds mean. Which I didn't like because I like my exhaust to sound meaner as the rpm go up. So at wot I want to be super aggressive. Which is why I went over to Corsa extreme and couldn't have been happier.

But dollar for dollar, MBRP is a great system for the cost. Best bang for the buck.

I've thought of going to the corsa. I just don't know anymore. I probably need to go to a meet and just hear in person. These videos had me fooled big time.

Sponsored