Sponsored

Shifter with factory height

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Call me crazy, but I do not mind the factory shifter's height or throw, however I am interested in a crisper shift and less deflection. Does anyone offer a billet shifter that is close to stock height? A minor reduction in throw would be fine.

Or, is a support bracket swap my best option?
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Call me crazy, but I do not mind the factory shifter's height or throw, however I am interested in a crisper shift and less deflection. Does anyone offer a billet shifter that is close to stock height? A minor reduction in throw would be fine.

Or, is a support bracket swap my best option?
I think a blowfish bracket should be your best bet. I'm not aware of any shifter keeping a near stock throw and height.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
MGW with gripper knob is barely any shorter than stock. It's such a small throw reduction that I didn't notice that. The shifter performance is amazing though.

OP
OP
StrongFord

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
MGW with gripper knob is barely any shorter than stock. It's such a small throw reduction that I didn't notice that. The shifter performance is amazing though.

[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] do you feel the MGW requires more effort to select gears than stock? Real notchy? I know you daily drive yours, anything you're not happy about the MGW?

FWIW I don't drive mine in the winter so I'm not expecting cold shifting to be a concern.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] do you feel the MGW requires more effort to select gears than stock? Real notchy? I know you daily drive yours, anything you're not happy about the MGW?

FWIW I don't drive mine in the winter so I'm not expecting cold shifting to be a concern.
Since I have the BG Syncroshift II fluid, it's not notchy at all. Super, silky smooth. The only thing that's noticeably firmer is side effort going into 1 and 2 (you have to pull more to the left in the 1-2 shift). I wouldn't go back, that's for sure, and no real vices.
Sponsored