Sponsored

Lethal Performance EXCLUSIVE RELEASE: Whipple Gen 3 Blower!

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Just to clarify this is the cost to purchase the entire kit minus the supercharger? What does this upgrade cost then by itself?
That is correct. The cost above is if someone purchased the Gen2 system from someone. If you are upgrading to the Gen3 on your current system, it would be $3900.
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
So these are pretty broad ranges:
- Adds up to 30-150 hp/tq at the same boost level

- 10-80*F cooler temps

Any idea of what we can realistically expect over the standard kit?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
So these are pretty broad ranges:
- Adds up to 30-150 hp/tq at the same boost level

- 10-80*F cooler temps

Any idea of what we can realistically expect over the standard kit?
It's broad because they're not used in the same way on all applications....

Stock Whipple kits will be on the low end of the range, modified, race applications will be at the upper end.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Do the new blowers come ready for 150mm throttle body?

Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Do the new blowers come ready for 150mm throttle body?
They do not. Whipple is currently working on a new part number, so once that's released we will add it to the site.

Basically, there will be three parts numbers associated with it. The cost to machine the inlet, the cost for the actual TB, and then the carbon fiber tube and silicone hose to complete the install. Whipple will not provide tuning for this unit, so a custom tune will be required. In addition to that you will need to find a donor 11-14 T/B to pull off the cap and motor as the 15+ electronics will not work.

Matt

S550jay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt, 3.55 gears, whipple supercharger
Within reason this sounds like a sweet deal ! But what am I going to do with 2 whipple blowers once I get the new one ? Sell it well that sounds easier then actually doing it... maybe whipple should host a buy back program and cut the cost of the new blower a little bit...

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
They do not. Whipple is currently working on a new part number, so once that's released we will add it to the site.

Basically, there will be three parts numbers associated with it. The cost to machine the inlet, the cost for the actual TB, and then the carbon fiber tube and silicone hose to complete the install. Whipple will not provide tuning for this unit, so a custom tune will be required. In addition to that you will need to find a donor 11-14 T/B to pull off the cap and motor as the 15+ electronics will not work.

Matt
Would you have any idea of cost for the entire package with 150mm TB and Gen 3 upgrade? If I were to upgrade it would only make sense to do it all the way.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
anyone want to buy my upper half Whipple its Powdercoated in Harley Orange =)

Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
Who would be in the market for just the blower?
Tough to say right now, but I think there will certainly be a market for it. It will ultimately come down to how much money someone wants for their Blower, but lets just say you sell it for $2,000. That means by purchasing the Gen2 used, and then buying the parts kit from Whipple, your into a kit for $5,500.00. A brand new Stage 1 kit would be $7,595.00. So it would be appealing for both parties involved.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Who would be in the market for just the blower?
Bigger question is who want's a gen 2 old design when you can get the latest and greatest.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Someone who wants to save a few grand. Either blower is capable of making the car a track or street monster
I think this new design is going to be a hard pill to swallow for most people, 3900.00 is a lot of money and relying on the sale of your current blower to help out. I wouldn't hold my breath on that one and if this is the case the market is going to be flooded with the old gen 2 blowers and that will drive the price down even further.
Sponsored