Sponsored

Lethal Performance EXCLUSIVE RELEASE: Whipple Gen 3 Blower!

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
EXCLUSIVE RELEASE from Lethal Performance: Whipple Gen 3 Rotor Upgrade for the 2.9L

- Adds up to 30-150 hp/tq at the same boost level

- 10-80*F cooler temps

- New Whipple Crusher SC Housing for increased volumetric efficiency

- Simple bolt-on upgrade to existing Gen 1 and Gen 2 2.9L/W175AXFF superchargers

- $200 add-on upgrade if ordering a complete kit

Current available applications:

2003-2004 SVT Cobra

2007-2014 Shelby GT500

2011-2017 Mustang GT & F150

2010-2014 6.2L Raptor/F150

2006-2018 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep

Whipple Superchargers, known for years of innovation, have now developed the new Gen 3 Whipple 2.9L supercharger that features both updated rotor design and rotor housing to unleash even more power from your engine. The Gen 3 works with nearly all 2.9L Gen 1 and 2 applications and is a simple upper half swap. No tuning required, just more power by increased supercharger efficiency.

Gen 3 features all new 3/5 rotors that feature a new updated rotor profile and new advanced manufacturing methods, allowing more accurate and tighter tolerances along with increased efficiency. Each Gen 3 rotor also features a later generation robotically sprayed conformal rotor coating, allowing the rotor clearance to conform to the operating conditions and application. The Gen 3 also features upgraded double lip PTFE rotor seals for higher RPM, higher temp and higher pressure ratios.

The Gen 3 also features a new rotor housing with the new angled support ribs for a more aggressive appearance, along with revised port shape for increased rotor filling and decreased turbulence, resulting in increased overall supercharger efficiency. What does all this mean? More power, more power, more power while maintaining the same boost levels.

During extensive testing on multiple applications, both Whipple and 3rd party testing found gains from 30RWHP up to 150RWHP depending on blower speed and engine specifications. Standard pump gas applications can easily make another 30RWHP with no other changes. Because boost maintains, tuning is not required. Just bolt on and unleash the power of your stock application.

Each swap kit comes with all the necessary parts/hardware to swap the Gen 2 SC for the Gen 3. No cutting or grinding required.

Gen 2 to Gen 3 Upgrades will be posted on the site shortly.

www.lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

Last edited:

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
What's pricing look like [MENTION=20080]Chris@Lethal[/MENTION]?

Also, how difficult would you consider the install?

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
I'm not looking forward to the cost of this upgrade for existing owners.

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
When are these shipping? I already have my stage 2 kit installed. Would like to order today, so that I can have it installed next week while I'm away at Disney.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
I'm guessing you don't need to remove the blower from the engine. Just remove the inlet and swap rotors

Sponsored

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
I'm guessing you don't need to remove the blower from the engine. Just remove the inlet and swap rotors

That's what I figured. Would be fairly simple. Drain the fluid, swap the pack, reinstall and refill. But this is my first roots car so I have no clue.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
You get the entire upper half, then you can move your used SC to someone else as we now offer the lower half of the kit by itself. It's a new housings and rotors.

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
You get the entire upper half, then you can move your used SC to someone else as we now offer the lower half of the kit by itself. It's a new housings and rotors.
Sent you a PM.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
OH wow that's more involved than I thought. OK well do you have a trade in program?

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
OH wow that's more involved than I thought. OK well do you have a trade in program?
For real :D what's the going rate on the upper half haha.

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
2015+ Stage 1 complete parts box **SUPERCHARGER NOT INCLUDED** $3695 retail

2015+ Stage 2 complete parts box **SUPERCHARGER NOT INCLUDED** $4495 retail

These kits will be available in the next couple weeks!
Just to clarify this is the cost to purchase the entire kit minus the supercharger? What does this upgrade cost then by itself?

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
I'm not looking forward to the cost of this upgrade for existing owners.
It's not horrible, but it will ultimately depend on what you can get back for your current Compressor. You basically sell your current Compressor, then buy the Gen3 upgrade for $3900 which bolts up to the rest of your kit.

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
When are these shipping? I already have my stage 2 kit installed. Would like to order today, so that I can have it installed next week while I'm away at Disney.
Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to hit that timeline. We'll be looking at 1-2 weeks before they ship from Whipple, then some transit time on top of that.