Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
I recall seeing it in a post a while back, but couldn't find it. does anyone recall when the last day to order 2017's is relative to when the the the cost, hp, tq no's are supposed to be released for the 2018's?

I'm interested in the 2018, but if they don't release the new info before the window for ordering the 2017's closes, i'm leaning towards getting a good deal on the 2017 model.

Thanks to anyone who can advise :thumbsup:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I recall seeing it in a post a while back, but couldn't find it. does anyone recall when the last day to order 2017's is relative to when the the the cost, hp, tq no's are supposed to be released for the 2018's?

I'm interested in the 2018, but if they don't release the new info before the window for ordering the 2017's closes, i'm leaning towards getting a good deal on the 2017 model.

Thanks to anyone who can advise :thumbsup:
No numbers as of yet. I wouldnt expect them until late summer. TBH unless you are wanting an automatic and/or magneride I would score a deal on a 17.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
No numbers as of yet. I wouldnt expect them until late summer. TBH unless you are wanting an automatic and/or magneride I would score a deal on a 17.

And miss out on the better power/efficiency, better manual, higher class luxury trim options, better handling, better performance package options?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
And miss out on the bettery power/efficiency, bettery manual, higher class luxury trim options, bettery handling, bettery performance package options?

FTFY :lol:

just playing!

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
And miss out on the bettery power/efficiency, better manual, higher class luxury trim options, better handling, better performance package options?
Out of all of those, we only know the details on the manual and trim items and that it will have better performance but not how much. Still dont know how much extra all of that will cost. Highly doubt the manual is going to return any better fuel economy than the current car. The money saved buying a 17 can be easily used to make up most if not all of the performance gap there may be.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
And miss out on the better power/efficiency, better manual, higher class luxury trim options, better handling, better performance package options?
You know this from driving it already?

It might be better out of the box, but this is why we have this thing called aftermarket.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
You know this from driving it already?

It might be better out of the box, but this is why we have this thing called aftermarket.

Good luck trying to beat the affordability of new car options/features via economies of scale with aftermarket solutions.

I don't understand the logic of "Well I like everything in brand new model but X, so I'm going to buy an old model and retrofit everything to match brand new model but without X."

And it's usually a bumper cover that drives this decision. Lol.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Good luck trying to beat the affordability of new car options/features via economies of scale with aftermarket solutions.

I don't understand the logic of "Well I like everything in brand new model but X, so I'm going to buy an old model and retrofit everything to match brand new model but without X."

And it's usually a bumper cover that drives this decision. Lol.
Lets see:

Active exhaust? Sorry, I bought a crazy good aftermarket exhaust like most smart people would do.
Digital display? I can read my tach and speedometer just fine the way it is.
Sound system? Identical.
Shitty Honda spoiler? Oh wait, I don't have one and that's good.
Derpy looking front end? I don't have to deal with that.
DI/PI guinea pig with a new 5.0? Nope, I have a tried and true port injected Coyote which is a breeze to tune.
PP with Michelin PSS? I already have lighter wheels on the way with PSS tires going on them in a square setup.

Enjoy paying 45k for your PP2, and all your "goodies". I spent quite a bit less and I can still tune the car with my headers and blow the '18 away.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Lets see:

Active exhaust? Sorry, I bought a crazy good aftermarket exhaust like most smart people would do.
Sound system? Identical.
Shitty Honda spoiler? Oh wait, I don't have one and that's good.
Derpy looking front end? I don't have to deal with that.
DI/PI guinea pig with a new 5.0? Nope, I have a tried and true port injected Coyote which is a breeze to tune.
PP with Michelin PSS? I already have lighter wheels on the way with PSS tires going on them in a square setup.

Enjoy paying 45k for your PP2, and all your "goodies". I spent quite a bit less and I can still tune the car with my headers and blow the '18 away.
Active exhaust? Personal Preference and or opinion
Digital display? Personal Preference and or opinion
Sound system? Identical.
Shitty Honda spoiler? Personal Preference and or opinion
Derpy looking front end? Personal Preference and or opinion
DI/PI guinea pig with a new 5.0? Personal Preference and or opinion
PP with Michelin PSS? Yours came with stock what?

Never do a modded versus stock comparison. Apples to Oranges.

IMO bragging about a discounted or marked down vehicle is like buying $5 per pound beef on clearance at the grocery store for $3 per pound. You're still getting old meat.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Lets see:

Good (sound) is subjective, active exhaust doesn't lock you into the loud/raspy decibels 100% of the time. How many people on this board would prefer quad tips and active exhaust? It's been a common wish since the GT350's unveiling. Plus, you can still change headers and probably even the midpipes while retaining the factory exhaust valving.

Sound system? Identical.
Cool, so that's why it's an optional part. From that poll thread, it looks like 176 people said they would want a digital clsuter vs 86 who wouldn't, so you are in the minority there.

Shitty Honda spoiler? Oh wait, I don't have one and that's good.Good thing it's deletable then eh?

Derpy looking front end? I don't have to deal with that.Technically, no one has to deal with that when they're actually using the car. Whether or not it hurts peoples' feelings based on the design is subjective

So you think converting to DI/PI is suddenly going to make the motor shit? It's not like it's a completely new engine design.
It's a revised Coyote.

So you matched the now OEM tires with lighter, more expensive wheels

It's easy to pick this apart. The 2018 is objectively better in every way -- sorry, and it will still be tuneable and have just as big as an aftermarket as the 15-17, so.... saying you can throw aftermarket stuff on a 2017 to best a 2018 doesn't really mean much when the same can be done for the other car. Plus, the base suspension is said to be on par with the current PP, so you really don't even need PP/PP2 to yield similar results. So yeah, it's cool that you can buy it cheaper and then sink the difference into the car to maybe come out ahead in acceleration, but that's not all a car is.

Then you have stuff like all of the new safety system options that would basically be impossible to retrofit into a 15-17 and remain cost effective. It's a better car, man. Sorry that you hate the way it looks, but that doesn't change what it is.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
It's easy to pick this apart. The 2018 is objectively better in every way -- sorry, and it will still be tuneable and have just as big as an aftermarket as the 15-17, so.... saying you can throw aftermarket stuff on a 2017 to best a 2018 doesn't really mean much when the same can be done for the other car. Plus, the base suspension is said to be on par with the current PP, so you really don't even need PP/PP2 to yield similar results. So yeah, it's cool that you can buy it cheaper and then sink the difference into the car to maybe come out ahead in acceleration, but that's not all a car is.

Then you have stuff like all of the new safety system options that would basically be impossible to retrofit into a 15-17 and remain cost effective. It's a better car, man. Sorry that you hate the way it looks, but that doesn't change what it is.
You really think people buy a Mustang GT for safety options??? :lol:

Both the 2017 and 2018 modded, you aren't going to find much difference. You're just going to find out you spent a lot more money for one than the other.
Sponsored