Sponsored

CJPP unbranded axle-back?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
I just had mine installed this morning. Definitely like the sound at start-up, but I am hearing drone in the cabin. Not too happy about that. I'll give them a chance to break-in a bit, but I doubt that I will keep them if it continues like that.

The driver side muffler went on without a hitch and aligned perfectly. The passenger side was a major bitch. The guy took out the torch and bent the hangar in 2 places to get it aligned right.
Uh oh...drone! That's not good. Please keep us posted.

As for the install, this is the first I'm seeing it was difficult. I'm wondering if the pipe was cut at the wrong spot before sliding it on?

Thanks for sharing!
Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cut placement makes all the difference on how they fit, easy peasy. The CJPP axle-backs were placed on two different sets of OEM catbacks, one with a resonator and one with a h-pipe with no fitment issues. I'm still with the others who have reported no-drone. My car is automatic with sound deadening, might make a small difference. :shrug:

We conducted db test on both sets and the h-pipe set had a little drone under a load. With the OEM resonated set there is still no-drone. To my wife and I they seem quieter now than when first installed.

Sound clips with h-pipe and CJPP axlebacks vs my wifes car which is stock:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2117303#post2117303

Sound clips inside the cabin with the resonated catback and CJPP axlebacks:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2120179#post2120179

Seems to be like any other aftermarket exhaust, some experience and report no-drone and others don't.
Here's my question....if I get a set and happen to be in the hearing drone camp...how can the stock set be re-fitted? Are there couplers that clamp both sides or is welding the only option?

Thanks

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
I have the 6 speed MT with stock resonator. I'll try to take note in what gear and what RPM I'm experiencing the drone.

I kept my original axle-backs and will put them back on with some kind of coupler, if necessary. I'm really hoping that it does not come to that.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 6 speed MT with stock resonator. I'll try to take note in what gear and what RPM I'm experiencing the drone.

I kept my original axle-backs and will put them back on with some kind of coupler, if necessary. I'm really hoping that it does not come to that.
I'm curious to know exactly which coupler is needed so I can have them on standby if need be.

Thanks

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I would think that any good welder can put them back on w/o a coupler, for a few bux.

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think that any good welder can put them back on w/o a coupler, for a few bux.
Problem is I don't know any good welders. I'd rather something like a coupler that I can do myself maybe with some JB Weld putty to seal any leaks.

Thanks

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The bass from this axleback is very deep. When I warm it up in the morning, the bass is so much, that it rattles my walls that are shared with the garage until it lowers the rpm. I experience that deep bass on acceleration pretty much from 1200-2400rpm. If it lay into it and blow through that rpm range quickly, the bass/drone is obviously going to not be as present. But I dont lay into it when driving normally, and casually climb through the lower RPM range. When going 70mph at 2100rpm, I'm hearing that bass in the cabin consistently. I put a heavy down comforter in my trunk to see if filling it with something would reduce any of the resonating, and found it hasn't helped. I dont think around deadener will really help with the amount of bass this axleback pumps out.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Problem is I don't know any good welders. I'd rather something like a coupler that I can do myself maybe with some JB Weld putty to seal any leaks.

Thanks
There must some exhaust shops in your area. I think clamps are best for strait shots, not near bends.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Just wondering if your sound tube is still on the car?
I've tried it both off and on (I even bought the same valve you mentioned). It makes no difference to the bass coming from the rear. The windows are almost a must to have at least cracked to not make that buffeting noise either way. I still enjoy the exhaust enough to not get rid of it....yet.

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Right now, I'm not too happy with the sound. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That doesn't seem like it's working out well for you. In the video I posted comparing both cars was at cold start (with the garage doors shut), the CJPP axleback car is louder but not wall rattling. My car does have a Livernois tune and it doesn't idle as fast as my wife's car does at cold start.
Wait...what happened to the offer to buy the drone???

I will say that while there was 16 pages of mostly rave reviews, the past two seem to be diverging from that. Also seems like reconnecting the stock exhaust if unhappy isn't a DIY project unless you can weld. Thanks for the info/pics though.
Sponsored