Sponsored

2019 Camaro refresh to compete with 2018 Mustang refresh

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Unless you are being paid by Ford, this kind of thinking is sad and pathetic.
Don't waste your time man..we've been arguing this for a long, long time..

One of the saddest days I can remember was when the Camaro was discontinued..
Sponsored

WattsND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 V6, 2018 GT Premium
The Mustang has always been my car of choice, but I've also really enjoyed many of the Camaro models throughout the years. I grew up with an older cousin who was in a GM family and had multiple Camaros as we were growing up. So I would not say I'm inherently against anything Camaro related.

My issues with this design, as it has been in the past, is just that everything on the lower body seems to be pushed higher than it should be. The narrow headlights and the wide plastic front fascia make it look odd to me. No big issue with the back end... but would have definitely preferred to see a larger refresh.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think I'm with most people in that I think the SS got the worst of the refresh. I was never a fan of the looks of 6-gen Camaros, but I never thought they were ugly, and that holds true for this refresh, but I think they look less aggressive now.

My biggest gripes have always been with the interior and visibility, and it looks like little to nothing has changed there.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did Bob Lutz rape your mother and kill your father?

That's a hellava stretch :confused:

I just hate anything GM

Greedy Motors
Government Motors
Garbage Motors

F ck GM I hope they crash and burn

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
My best friend loves Chevy and I'm obviously into Ford. Without both being in competition the Mustang wouldn't be what it is today.

That being said, my friend drove my new GT and it blew his mind, he says he may actually buy one. Hell must have froze!!

He says he's going to test drive the SS and then head to Ford to decide, incredible job Ford if you win over somebody who has never owned anything but Chevy. :ford:

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
My grandfather kept the Cleveland engine plants running for 30 years, which stamped the legendary 351 Cleveland. I grew up in a true Ford family, and with zplan, I always got to see new models from various family members drive up. I am not a GM fan, and do my fair share of ripping on them.

That being said, and the roots of my Ford loyalty being out there, I do not want to see the death of the Camaro. I thought the current model Camaro looked good (for a Camaro). I am shocked at what they did to the new Camaro refresh, but am also glad that they made it look worse than the Mustangs refresh.

I hope the public likes this refresh just enough to keep the model alive. If GM kills the model again, the Mustang will have less competition and Ford can do whatever it wants with the future Mustangs without needing to push for a competitive edge. I won't be surprised if the Challengers sales grow more, and they haven't thought that a major refresh has been necessary since its launch.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Like the first 18 Mustang pics I think we have to wait for more real life pictures to really judge the car. Most people here said 18 Mustang was horrible until most saw them live and felt like it's not that much of a huge change as Pictures suggest.

I added to pics of the 19 SS, I guess it will grow on most people. Just like I prefer the 15 GT I think the 16 SS style is just more harmonious since it's following one design idea of edgy lines but the refresh is adding a lot of round elements.

But what will hurt the car is that there is kind of no technical changes. No more power, only a handful of new Features (no digitales gauges, no ACC, no lane assist, etc) and no sign of the teased entry Level V8. There is really no need to upgrade from 6th gen to refresh at all, since it's mostly just visual changes.

Also added a 1LE photoshop, I think the design could work with more black elements on the car.

Nope!

Nothing in those pictures looks right. That Saab hood is terrible and for being a refresh, it sure went "younger" than would be expected by the adult eye.

There is zero harmonious with that design.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I’ve searched for more photos on the net and there are now many more than a week ago. Some show the front end from other perspectives that do make it less hideous but as always with modern design a 2D perspective is never good. As with the 2015 Mustang this will have to be seen in person to make final judgements.
Sponsored