PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Three things.

1 - the splitter on a splitter.
2 - 10.5 front/11.5 rear with 305s on all
3 - The lowering due to reduced tire radius, but what appears to be no change in sprung ride height resulting in increased fender gap.

Like I said before, I'm not bashing, I just need to see it in person.
Ahh, I totally get where you're coming from now.

I'm not a fan of long front splitters at all -- the new Roush, the California Special, etc. So seeing the PP2 without the "extra" splitter installed looks more normal to me. The only long splitter I think I kinda liked was probably the one on the GT350 R.
Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
This was the press release spoiler picture.
Mustang-Performance-Pack-Level-2(19).jpg

STANG PP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon 18 mustang
Is it possible the spoiler and splitter arrive later for a dealer install? I would figure if the factory had shipped them with the car they would have been installed during pdi.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Is it possible the spoiler and splitter arrive later for a dealer install? I would figure if the factory had shipped them with the car they would have been installed during pdi.
The splitter is separate, but why ship the car with a black spoiler to have it removed for a DIFFERENT black spoiler?

STANG PP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon 18 mustang
Well either the car is not coming with a splitter or spoiler or they are showing up later. On the Camaro you can order wheel packages and front bre no brake package and those are dealer installed. Why not just install those at the factory.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Well either the car is not coming with a splitter or spoiler or they are showing up later. On the Camaro you can order wheel packages and front bre no brake package and those are dealer installed. Why not just install those at the factory.
Clearance for getting on and off the truck.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Besides stiffer springs, stiffer sway bars, magneride shocks and struts I really don't know what is different in the GT350's suspension. Has nobody done a comparison
Front spindles are aluminum, bushing durometer in most of the mounts and the front, rear upper and rear lower control arms is stiffer, Front control arms are slightly different, rear lower control are tweaked due to the mirrored springs and the attachment point for the shocks is lower.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I'm sure this is a dumb question (and wouldn't surprise me if it's already been answered in this very thread), but can anyone explain to me where the PP2 option is on Ford's online configurator tool for the Mustang? I can't find it for the life of me when I try to option out a GT Premium... Was it an extremely limited time release or something?

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm sure this is a dumb question (and wouldn't surprise me if it's already been answered in this very thread), but can anyone explain to me where the PP2 option is on Ford's online configurator tool for the Mustang? I can't find it for the life of me when I try to option out a GT Premium... Was it an extremely limited time release or something?
It’s not on Ford.com yet. People have either gone to a dealer and built them or used NADA. Ford knows it’s an issue of frustration and is working on it.

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Really!!! The orange one has a black painted ecoboost spoiler also. Is that supposed to pass as a real PP2? Come on Ford, Mach1 on a electric SUV and now this? Attention to detail.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
It’s not on Ford.com yet. People have either gone to a dealer and built them or used NADA. Ford knows it’s an issue of frustration and is working on it.
Meh. You also can't select the Luster Nickel-painted Forged Aluminum Wheels that are supposed to be available with PP1. I think there are some things that they just don't consider worth the effort of updating in B&P.

While it makes sense that the tack-on splitter would be dealer installed it's interesting that not one of them has been installed on dealer lots. Maybe they want to make sure that they don't get torn up before delivery.

But re-purposing the Ecoboost spoiler would be lame in the extreme.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That's quite possible.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
$6,500 for something 99.99% of Mustang owners will never use or see the capabilities of.

And to think, back in 1982 I bought a brand new GT for $9,999 ...
Sponsored