Sponsored

PP2...........starting to appear at dealerships

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
The average consumer will not know a 50K mustang from the 35K one.
^Best post in this whole thread.
How is this any different than any other manufacturer with multiple models on the same chassis? (AMG vs non AMG, Z06 vs Base, 911 vs 911 turbo, etc, etc).

Those of us on the forums are not the typical consumer and always know more than anyone at the dealerships.
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
And the GT350 will still be worth its value... Your new GT PP2, check back on it in a few months it will probably be worth under 40k. Doesn't matter what packages it will have, it's still VIN'd as a GT and will lose value WAY more than the GT350 so ya, it would make more sense.
Plus 50+ hp, unique sound, better tranny, almost surely still better suspension.

Have the 2018's gone to the wider GT350 style front fenders?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So far these 3 found are premiums loaded to the tits $50k models. Also all their VIN #'s are 116xxx. That black one looks good. The orange one's hood is crooked AF. I think my Oxford white will look bad ass.
They all also have an incorrect spoiler it seems. None look like the images.

Alcyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1
I'm seeing the same thing. Front tires do look taller than the rears
That's because it technically is due to 305/30R19 tires being used on all four corners, but the front wheels are 10.5" wide in the front and 11" wide in the rear. The fronts should have been 295 width to make the overall look 'correct' to compensate for the narrower front wheels.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Besides stiffer springs, stiffer sway bars, magneride shocks and struts I really don't know what is different in the GT350's suspension. Has nobody done a comparison?

Can someone in Texas or Socal go check out these PP2's.
I think they have a few more parts that use aluminum like maybe the balljoints. Nothing you can't swap or just find a better aftermarket part for though.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I was looking at that spoiler on all these PP2's, how the eff could that thing make any down force? If the GT350 tech package spoiler wasn't $750 I'd get it. Ford tricked me lol.
I'm wondering if they change the spoiler or are shipping the wrong one.

Looking up ford parts I cant find the PP2 spoiler, just the tiny lip, GT350, and GT lip. I cant even find the PP1 spoiler or R wing.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Hmm...I was leaning toward base PP2 with recaros since it is a pretty small premium over PP1+magnaride, but I'm not sure I like the way the wheels/tires look. There is a certain "thrown together" look. I think I'll wait to see one in person.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
^Thrown together? ... I don't see it. Can you elaborate?

I'm wondering if they change the spoiler or are shipping the wrong one.

Looking up ford parts I cant find the PP2 spoiler, just the tiny lip, GT350, and GT lip. I cant even find the PP1 spoiler or R wing.
I think at this point it's safe the say the spoiler was changed to the EB lip spoiler. I'd hate to think that they shipped so many so far with the wrong spoiler.
gt_pp2 black 00.png
gt_pp2 black 02.png
gt_pp2 black 03.png

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Thrown together? ... I don't see it. Can you elaborate?
I can see how some people would feel like the wheels give it an aftermarket vibe. Probably just because they are new and none of us are used to seeing them.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150

I think at this point it's safe the say the spoiler was changed to the EB lip spoiler. I'd hate to think that they shipped so many so far with the wrong spoiler.
The rear spoiler looks nothing like the PP2 intro pics.:shrug:

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

Three things.

1 - the splitter on a splitter.
2 - 10.5 front/11.5 rear with 305s on all
3 - The lowering due to reduced tire radius, but what appears to be no change in sprung ride height resulting in increased fender gap.

Like I said before, I'm not bashing, I just need to see it in person.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I think the wheels are hideous and anyone that buys a PP2 car should immediately take them off and sell them CHEAP.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Three things.

1 - the splitter on a splitter.
2 - 10.5 front/11.5 rear with 305s on all
3 - The lowering due to reduced tire radius, but what appears to be no change in sprung ride height resulting in increased fender gap.

Like I said before, I'm not bashing, I just need to see it in person.
The springs are supposed to be lower also.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
The springs are supposed to be lower also.
They just mention springs being stiffer, not shorter. Unless they shortened them to make them stiffer?:shrug: but the 305 are 1.4” shorter, so that will lower the car almost 3/4” alone.:cheers:

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
$600 for my stock set.

[MENTION=29279]TomcatDriver[/MENTION] I bet a 305/35/19 tire will look better. It doesn't seem Michelin makes the SC2's in this height but athey do make the Super Sports in that height.
If shipping from Cali wouldn't double the cost I would. Although I'd really like to find a set with tires, too.
Sponsored