Sponsored

Sync v.5.11 available (base radio)

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Hi,

Just went to owner.ford.com and noted that Sync version 5.11 is now available.

Haven't downloaded it yet (I'm at work). Wondering if it will fix some screwball issues that I've been having...(my Sony Xperia XZ premium won't display track info or track time over bluetooth).

Anyhow, just thought everyone else should know :headbang:
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's been out for a while. Version 5.11 came out in March '17. My '17 I bought in October already had it installed.

Just checked again, I was hoping an update might cure a few weird things that goes on with mine. Nope - same version 5.11.

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Bump. Would like to know what is in the new update. I’m on mobile right now but it says it requires a desktop to see what’s new

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
I just tried to go into owner.ford.com and download it. I think Ford is having website issues: neither Chrome nor Edge would let me in. Both are reporting that owner.ford.com is using an insecure SSL cypher...

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Im downloading the update right now but it still doesn't say what is in the update apart from its the "newest". Ill look and see whats different if anything is apparent when im finished installing

Sponsored

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Im downloading the update right now but it still doesn't say what is in the update apart from its the "newest". Ill look and see whats different if anything is apparent when im finished installing
Did you get it to install? I wasn't successful...followed the directions to the T :shrug: I'm going to create a separate post about that.

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes i was able to but it still didnt tell me what was in the update. For some stupid reason ford says to format your usb to exFAT. DONT use that or it wont find the file. Format the usb to FAT32 and everything will run fine

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Yes i was able to but it still didnt tell me what was in the update. For some stupid reason ford says to format your usb to exFAT. DONT use that or it wont find the file. Format the usb to FAT32 and everything will run fine
That was it. I reformatted my USB flash drive in FAT32 and it worked ;)

Bigdrumma22

Sangre
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
I think it's been out for a while. Version 5.11 came out in March '17. My '17 I bought in October already had it installed.

Just checked again, I was hoping an update might cure a few weird things that goes on with mine. Nope - same version 5.11.
5.11 was not available to download until now as I've been checking for updates pretty frequently. I bought my 17 gently used in August and it came with 5.10. I've now downloaded the update but have yet to install until I hear some more feedback. Mine currently doesn't do anything "weird" so I might just leave it alone.

The Dark D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
I haven’t had any problems with the 5.11 yet

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Noticed any differences? Graphics scheme change, anything?
Nah, nothing new under the sun as far as I can tell...time will tell if it's more stable (no more black screens on startup) ;)
Sponsored