Sponsored

I'm back and looking for a new GT - what are the finance options?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It really does.

I feel guilty though. The Optima is just turning 6 months old. :ninja:

Correction: five months old.
Good, get rid of it :D!:lol:
Sponsored

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
Carwow quoted me 37k for an Auto+Custom Pack+Shadow black.
The PCP deal on it was saying 5.9% but it was a ford dealer so possibly carwow hasn't updated yet? And you could get those on 0%? Worth checking.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Carwow quoted me 37k for an Auto+Custom Pack+Shadow black.
The PCP deal on it was saying 5.9% but it was a ford dealer so possibly carwow hasn't updated yet? And you could get those on 0%? Worth checking.
I've put my details into Carwow.
Pre-Reg Grabber Blue with factory black-out bits is £35,995 (Shadow Edition?). Standard magnetic for £36,857. All manuals.

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
I've put my details into Carwow.
Pre-Reg Grabber Blue with factory black-out bits is £35,995 (Shadow Edition?). Standard magnetic for £36,857. All manuals.
Aye a few cheapish Shadow edition's out there.
I'm a sucker for a black one but on a normal custom pack one I'll have to get the alloys changed. Shadow edition will need a wrap.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other :headbonk:

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just got an email about Lookers Ford Golden Ticket Event for "Loyal Customers" (what a lark). Checked it out and its legitimate. Its what the dealership chain does once a year to shove old stock out the door (basically) with big discounts only to those who book a ticket to attend. I'll see what I can wangle out of it this weekend.

Sponsored

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
£35k through car wow for a standard GT factory order. I may have to take the plunge. :lol:
I'll double check with them that it is actually a MY17, because I don't want to be stuck with a MY18 with no performance bits on it (although adding them is part of the fun).

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
£35k through car wow for a standard GT factory order. I may have to take the plunge. :lol:
I'll double check with them that it is actually a MY17, because I don't want to be stuck with a MY18 with no performance bits on it (although adding them is part of the fun).
Can't be a factory order can it? Would be the "stock" that Ford UK are holding - of the few hundred that they ordered before Flat Rock stopped building them.

Cracking price though if you can get a MY17 for that, and I'm assuming that's with no extras? Highly recommend the shaker/sat nav option.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can't be a factory order can it? Would be the "stock" that Ford UK are holding - of the few hundred that they ordered before Flat Rock stopped building them.

Cracking price though if you can get a MY17 for that, and I'm assuming that's with no extras? Highly recommend the shaker/sat nav option.
That's why I'm wondering if its an introductory offer on a MY18. I've got an offer number so I'll ask this weekend. Yes its with no extras, and the only one I'd get is metallic paint (which I'd want for free anyway since its already built). I never have the stereo on (I often drive in silence) and I have a phone with free nav, so I never bother with head units. I might delay the delivery, too. Get it on fresh 18 plates.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
To be honest mate, 35k and interest free is the bargain of the century, that is better than the very first buyers paid for those who ordered straight away.

It also explains why most GT's are now struggling to fetch more than 30k second hand for the simple fact is no one is going to buy a used GT with miles for 30k when they can get brand new for 35k and interest free.

Do it buddy because £279 on a monthly payment is really nothing, people pay more than that for BMW 116D's.

The small monthly payment will allow you to save each month enough cash to then buy the car outright at the end of term.

That is what I did with my Jag, I put a large deposit down, kept the monthly under £500 on a 3yr term as I will have the funds saved to buy it outright, though I've pretty much got the money now as I've got crypto currency, but I am just taking enough out of that per year to avoid tax payment. :)

These deals even tempt myself to just go and buy a GT Auto grabber blue or yellow, but I know it would be stupid, as it would not get used so best to just sit back and see what happens in Mustang world, I will either buy a used MY18 in 2-3 years to add to my fleet or see what Ford release or see if GM decide to enter RHD market as I'd very much love a bright yellow Corvette Grand Sport or even Z06. :D

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
To be honest mate, 35k and interest free is the bargain of the century, that is better than the very first buyers paid for those who ordered straight away.
This ^^ :cool:

Fresh start. If you're not bothered by the factory extras then all the more reason to snap this up!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This ^^ :cool:

Fresh start. If you're not bothered by the factory extras then all the more reason to snap this up!
also if it's standard no extra's you can retro fit a sat nav into the car, I'm not talking like a tom-tom. But the actual ford nav system can be retro fitted. [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] has just retro fitted his in. :thumbsup:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
also if it's standard no extra's you can retro fit a sat nav into the car, I'm not talking like a tom-tom. But the actual ford nav system can be retro fitted. [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] has just retro fitted his in. :thumbsup:
That was Sync2 however. Does Sync3 not offer better options for phone-based nav?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That was Sync2 however. Does Sync3 not offer better options for phone-based nav?
True. Connect an android/ios phone and it will display the sat nav on the sync screen.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
also if it's standard no extra's you can retro fit a sat nav into the car
If it has Android Auto then I wont need to retrofit anything. Just plug in my phone and go, which is how all head units should be in my honest opinion.

Do it buddy because £279 on a monthly payment is really nothing, people pay more than that for BMW 116D's.
[...]
or see if GM decide to enter RHD market as I'd very much love a bright yellow Corvette Grand Sport or even Z06. :D
£279 is if I max out my £8k 0% loan down from minute one. :lol:

Its actually £35,573, but that's still £2,522 off and I'll try to push it to £35k dead.

£35,000 = £263 ((35k - 18025 - 7500) / 36)
£7.5k down (extra £134 a month with a low rate loan that I'll probably pay off super early anyway, just want to keep everything low for now, and is cheaper than 7.5k over two years).

As an aside; that pre-registered shadow pack grabber blue is now £34,600 :lol:

For RHD models from GM? The Alpha 2 platform is alledgedly going to include Right Hand Drive support. So that's Camaro and Cadillac covered.

C7 is on the "Second Y Platform" that has been in use since 1984, and there are no plans for it to support RHD from what I can tell.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
If it has Android Auto then I wont need to retrofit anything. Just plug in my phone and go, which is how all head units should be in my honest opinion.

£279 is if I max out my £8k 0% loan down from minute one. :lol:

Its actually £35,573, but that's still £2,522 off and I'll try to push it to £35k dead.

£35,000 = £263 ((35k - 18025 - 7500) / 36)
£7.5k down (extra £134 a month with a low rate loan that I'll probably pay off super early anyway, just want to keep everything low for now, and is cheaper than 7.5k over two years).

As an aside; that pre-registered shadow pack grabber blue is now £34,600 :lol:

For RHD models from GM? The Alpha 2 platform is alledgedly going to include Right Hand Drive support. So that's Camaro and Cadillac covered.

C7 is on the "Second Y Platform" that has been in use since 1984, and there are no plans for it to support RHD from what I can tell.

Well the Alpha chassis is very impressive, the Camaro in stock form handles better than a modified Mustang, GM really have a far superior chassis, so some RHD Camaro's would be nice to see. :)
Sponsored