Sponsored

Vinyl fitters recommendation needed

McXtravert

Threads
Reaction score
Cambridgeshire, formerly Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Competition Orange
Bit of a plea for help as I'm having bother finding someone who will fit vinyl rocker stripes for me. I'm in Cambridgeshire, on the A1 but happy to travel 50miles or so.

Companies I've been in touch with won't touch unless they do the design work.

Anyone got recommendations?

I know I could do it myself but would prefer a professional.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
if you've bought them pre-done just fit them yourself there's the straight line along the door to use as a level start at one end peel as you go and wipe on with a cloth pretty easy assuming they're the self adhesive type and not the heat and stick type.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
^ This, but if you are looking for a pro, speak to wrapstarz pro, they were going to wrap my car (back when that was going to happen) and did my roof, they've also done bits on gibbos M3 if memory serves correctly, and on other cars. The owner is also the sign writer for BP oils, so does all of their lorries and such, so you're in good hands! I think he'll travel if you ask nicely as well ;)! Otherwise he's based in Shenstone.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Bit of a plea for help as I'm having bother finding someone who will fit vinyl rocker stripes for me. I'm in Cambridgeshire, on the A1 but happy to travel 50miles or so.

Companies I've been in touch with won't touch unless they do the design work.

Anyone got recommendations?

I know I could do it myself but would prefer a professional.
Confused..?? Have you got a sticker kit already..? Great place in Colchester here will do for you, have breakfast in the cafe and would be done in a couple of hours.. Most companies will want to use their own 10 yr vinyl i guess though

I consider myself hands on...but would NEVER attempt to lay on rocker stripes again! Just not worth it, and a job best left to the professionals..

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I consider myself hands on...but would NEVER attempt to lay on rocker stripes again! Just not worth it, and a job best left to the professionals..
this!

except i don't consider myself hands on. but pretty much every DIY mod I've attempted has gone wrong :doh::lol::lol:

you get the angle slightly wrong and i bet it'll be a bitch to pull it back and re-lay it without crumples. even harder if there is writing in it.

i paid £2-300 for my stripes and rockers to a local vehicle sign company, that included them designing it. i told them what i wanted and they did me a render which looked spot on.

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Crikey !!!!!!!!!!! OMG you got taken to the cleaners then! £2-300 !!!:headbonk:
I had them done to my design and colour for my Classic 67 fastback and was no more than £60 supplied AND fitted.... :eyebulge::eyebulge:
That was for set of rocker stripes...!!

Let me know if u want Scots number and i will dig it out.. real nice guys..they wrap cars too
Sounds like he had stripes too so 2-300 is very reasonable

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
if you've bought them pre-done just fit them yourself there's the straight line along the door to use as a level start at one end peel as you go and wipe on with a cloth pretty easy assuming they're the self adhesive type and not the heat and stick type.
:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge: :tsk::tsk:

Hmmmmmm advice from someone thats never fitted them then..!!

Last edited:

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Crikey !!!!!!!!!!! OMG you got taken to the cleaners then! £2-300 !!!:headbonk:
I had them done to my design and colour for my Classic 67 fastback and was no more than £60 supplied AND fitted.... :eyebulge::eyebulge:
That was for set of rocker stripes...!!
mine was for rocker stripes and GT striped over the top, roof, bonnet, boot, rear bumper, round the reversing lights, front bumper, round the number plate etc. the rocker stripes had writing in too separate from the stripe.

2.jpg

1.jpg

looks like a bitch of a job to get all that lined up and straight.

i was fairly happy with the price, especially compared to the amount it would cost to buy it all from a mustang supplier and then pay for fitting..

Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
mine was for rocker stripes and GT striped over the top, roof, bonnet, boot, rear bumper, round the reversing lights, front bumper, round the number plate etc. the rocker stripes had writing in too separate from the stripe.

2.jpg

1.jpg

looks like a bitch of a job to get all that lined up and straight.

i was fairly happy with the price, especially compared to the amount it would cost to buy it all from a mustang supplier and then pay for fitting..
Yep a Professional job..i would never attempt again ..and what did u pay sir..??:D

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yep a Professional job..i would never attempt again ..and what did u pay sir..??:D
i just said 2-300....
think it was closer to 300, 280 or something. don't recall unfortunately.

i thought it was reasonable :frusty:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
i just said 2-300....

Seems reasonable to me. I'll be asking the wrapper/detailer I used for my ceramic coating next time i'm in and i'd expect him to be be a bit more than that for stripes alone.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Stripes I've seen people quoted anywhere from £150 all the way up to £400.

Keep in mind for stripes, material and brand requested can have a massive effect on the price, as can asking for pinstripes etc.

I've seen quotes for installing side stripes at anywhere from 50-100, depending on their complexity and for raw created side stripes & fitting 150+.

based on that [MENTION=24944]SpArKy[/MENTION] it's reasonable.

You can also get cheaper than what I've wrote above, but, you can also get wrappers who are sh1te lmao. Unfortunatley now a days every tom d1ck and harry thinks they can wrap, and I've seen some rather wonky stripes because of people going cheap.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
i just said 2-300....

Yes thats good..you done well..

(I got confused there...thought you was the OP.. :headbang:..) i am going senile :(

Car looks great , sets it off nicely and good colour choice on yr wheels...subtle without being too blingy..

Have edited posts.....
Sponsored