Sponsored

Used market dead?

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
So, have had my car on Pistonheads for about a month and in that time, not a single enquiry - none, zip, nada - not even canvassers LOL!

Now, I'm not desperate to sell (keep changing my mind in fact), but there does seem to have been a big slowdown in demand? The MY18 perhaps doesn't help, though buyers can expect a big premium vs barely used I reckon. Maybe used buyers are only considering '17 onwards due to the tax situation - which would be very galling.

Mine's sub 2k miles and immaculate, fully loaded, service plan, extended warranty etc.etc. so would have thought I might at least get a tickle - but no?

Perhaps I need to widen the net, though not convinced that will make a huge difference?

Seems that the only ones that have shifted recently have been fairly intensively modified, which flies in the face of convention for these things.

What do you folks think? :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
This is fate's way of telling you to keep it ;)

More to the point.......WHY are you selling? :tsk:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine was up for 6 weeks on a number of places. Phone call did come in the end just before I picked up the GT (via Autotrader) and the guy drove it away the next day.

In that time though, no a single interested private buyer. Had a few traders interested, and a couple of "sale or return" type of offers but apart from that, I was pretty miffed as well at the lack of interest!

Such a niche car, so the market is teeny tiny. My thoughts were that people with that amount of money in their pocket would rather go new, or buy through a trader rather than "risk" a private buy.

Buyers are certainly out there, just not many of them! I believe as well that Ford UK now carry stock that was bulk ordered at the end of the 17 production run - you have those to compete with too!

FWIW I hated that my Autotrader ad cost me ÂŁ60 but in the end, that got me an extra ÂŁ1k over what Ford were prepared to offer...

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is fate's way of telling you to keep it ;)

More to the point.......WHY are you selling? :tsk:
You're probably right mate :)

Put it up on a whim. No time to use it with family and other hobby commitments so seems daft to have the capital tied up depreciating in the garage. As I said, I'm still in two minds about selling anyway so we'll see :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just sold my 5.0 66 plate 1300 miles ÂŁ33500 to RS Direct
That's a good trade price. Were you buying from them too?

Was offered ÂŁ32 for mine trade vs an MY18, but the point was that they weren't really interested as Ford have stock to shift as per the post above.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
depends on your price.

I been seeing people with 15 GT's with 20k miles on them asking for 30k+

Then you gotta ask yourself, can i get a new one at the price your selling? Idk but small market combined with inflated price = no sale

Elnrgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ollie
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had my 16 plate on auto-trader for a day and car sold 39k but I had about 5k in extras on car really happy with price . I gave orginally just over 37k so just a drop of 3k in one year is pretty good . The guy said it was the magnetic and the saddle leather that his customer wanted . I may of been lucky but I think it was the power of the Magnetic :)

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Mines been for sale for about the same time. Had a few offers for 30k. Got someone coming to buy it from Malta apparently on Tuesday, SCREAMS scam but if he turns up with cash he can have it lol.

Had a call from a trader today, but by the time I called home back he had bought another, again told me he would have offered 30k.

Also there are a few of people that would rather spend the extra 5-7k and have a brand new one.

I’m still not in a rush to sell. So I’m not going to let it go for silly money.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Pistonheads is not exactly mainstream from an advertising point of view (doesn't do well in a google search for mustangs for sale).

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

Had mine on PH, guy came to look last Friday, absolutely loved it, he went to Ford to test drive a manual and an automatic, he left Ford having ordered a brand new automatic, he got it for 39k he said.

He wanted mine but his knee is not great and he felt the manual would cause him pain.

Had another guy ring, I was in USA, so spoke briefly but not heard from him.

Put it on Ebay last night on a 10 day auction, its already upto 16k, so see how far it goes, has a buy it now at 39k.

No rush I've got until next March/April to shift it.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Got someone coming to buy it from Malta apparently on Tuesday, SCREAMS scam but if he turns up with cash he can have it lol.
Christ... If he turns up with cash I'd make sure I had one of those pens that you scribble on the notes with to check they're real! Quite a few dodgy buggers operating through that neck of the woods nowadays.

Good luck though... if he is bona-fide then happy days... or will it be happy days without the Mustang?

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Christ... If he turns up with cash I'd make sure I had one of those pens that you scribble on the notes with to check they're real! Quite a few dodgy buggers operating through that neck of the woods nowadays.

Good luck though... if he is bona-fide then happy days... or will it be happy days without the Mustang?
I won’t be touching the money. Will take him to my bank to pay it in.

To be honest now that I’m selling the car I have fallen out of love with it. It hasn’t moved for 3 weeks and I haven’t really missed driving it. Quite sad really

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
What's your car on for? It's all about the price!

Also, remember there are still 300+ brand new cars available via Ford. There's no waiting list any more
Sponsored