Sponsored

480HP Roush package

vDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Well I am finally at a point in my life where I'm ready to purchase a mustang GT. I test drove a ruby red premium performance pack yesterday, my first time ever driving a GT.

While the s550 sure does drive a hell of a lot nicer than my current mustang, and interior quality is incredible! The power was just a little... underwhelming honestly. I expected more.

And so I came across this 480hp package from Roush which adds an intake, cat back exhaust and a tune. I'm a bit skeptical that just those few parts will squeeze an extra 45p out of the car (unless ford leaves a lot on the table with the tune) so I figured I'd turn to you guys.

Anyone have any experience with this package? Is it worth the couple extra thousand? Is there anyway to get a bit more pep out of the car?

Thanks guys

EDIT: By the way! I've got the Premium, performance pack Ruby red GT 401a package negotiated down to about 37k, MSRP is 44 and some change. Is that about what they're going for right now or should I try to squeeze a bit more out of them?
Sponsored

Jprada1210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT yellow Jacket
Imo . I think those numbers are a little inflated for the mods . Intake , catback , tune is good for around 20 hp maybe 400 to the wheels . If your someone who's big on factory warranty then It won't be a bad idea for you . Honestly I don't think it's worth the few thousand . Intake manifold and headers is where it's at if you plan on keeping it NA and want it to shred the tires .

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
What about the ford pp2?

Under a grand for the kit and keeps factory warranty intact I believe

Pricing, can't help other than cast a wide net on autotrader if willing to drive a bit. Or get slightly used low mileage GT to avoid the first big depreciation hit

stang305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
Just get a Lund tune flex fuel and PMAS intake cost less and you'll gain more

Sponsored

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
They (Roush) were running this exact package at Milan last summer against a stock 6th gen. Camaro SS (manual trans). The Roush lost repeatedly.

I'm not sure I'd waste my money on this package. Why not wait until the '18 upgrades to see if our cars are a bit more competitive.

WHITTB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG GT
I liked my stock mustang GT, but the power was not as noticeable unless you were in the high RPM range, say 4000 to 6000

Did tons of research on mods and warranties and finally decided on a Roush super charger. I love driving this car now. Power in every RPM range, so much extra power that I very rarely have a need to go above 4000 RPMs you can spend a lot of
Money on mods and never get close to the feeling of a super charger. They also have a warranty

My base model GT and the super charger was well within range of your current offer. Only thing I would upgrade is the Stock radiator.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I would skip the rpush package. You'd lose your warranty with it just like any other tune. I would either do a Ford PP3 or do a tune required CAI and tune. Those combos generally pull about 25whp from what I've seen at local dynos.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I would skip the rpush package. You'd lose your warranty with it just like any other tune. I would either do a Ford PP3 or do a tune required CAI and tune. Those combos generally pull about 25whp from what I've seen at local dynos.
Roush packages installed by Ford or a qualified Roush dealer maintain factory warranty.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
What did Roush do? Assumed 20% drivetrain loss to get that number or what? Even with a catback, intake, lund flex fuel tune and E85 you wont hit 480 crank, maybe 465 470 hp!

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You'll also lose your warranty.
We need to dispense with this non-sense.

No, you will not "lose your warranty". A warranty claim might be denied if Ford can prove that the mod caused the situation that needed to be repaired. Since most tunes and such are a-ok, there's nothing to worry about.

The car is still under warranty, and it's in full effect. If something else like a bad control arm needs to be replaced under warranty, it will be. Even if they deny some other warranty claim on something you modified.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I test drove a ruby red premium performance pack yesterday, my first time ever driving a GT.

While the s550 sure does drive a hell of a lot nicer than my current mustang, and interior quality is incredible! The power was just a little... underwhelming honestly. I expected more.
In comparison to what? And do you believe you explored the car's performance envelope during a test drive?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

No, you will not "lose your warranty". A warranty claim might be denied if Ford can prove that the mod caused the situation that needed to be repaired. Since most tunes and such are a-ok, there's nothing to worry about.

The car is still under warranty, and it's in full effect. If something else like a bad control arm needs to be replaced under warranty, it will be. Even if they deny some other warranty claim on something you modified.
This:amen:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S

AND even with roush/frpp parts the warranty on those parts leaves Ford and is supplemented with roush/frpp warranty on those installed parts only. If they cause failure elsewhere and is proven by ford the warranty CAN still be denied.

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.

Not sure how you can state that "most tunes and such are a-ok". Even flashed back, there are counters that designate there was a change, and that can easily be enough for them to deny coverage. Then the burden shifts to you.

Warranty's may not be 'voided', but claims are denied all the time for modifications. Ford is not required to prove anything to make a denial. The standard is a preponderance of evidence if it gets to that point. Is the nature of the modification one which could reasonably lead to the defect? An aftermarket performance tune is by definition sending performance parameters which are out of manufacturers specifications.

The ball is then in your court to hire a lawyer and instigate action against them in front of a jury. Battling it out over a tune with experts on both sides is incredibly costly, far beyond what you are likely due, and its generally not worth the headache. There are attorney fee provisions in Magnusson Moss (if you win) but its a huge time sink. Literally a year or longer.

The value of the warranty claim must be high enough to fight.
The claim must be so good and obvious on its face to get an attorney to file it. Denying a claim is cheap and easy for the manufacturer. Especially if someone is messing around with performance parts and tunes.
Sponsored