Sponsored

New S550 Mods X550 Steering Wheel, Black Vue Dash Cam, & Barton Shifter

MrAjsTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 2003 Cobra
Hey guys! So we recently installed a SVE X550 Steering wheel on Scott's 2015 Mustang GT. We "broke it in" with a quick trip to Mexico. We also installed a Black Vue Dash Cam on Ashley's 2016 Mustang GT. Jeff Ashton also installed a Barton Hybrid 3 Short throw on his 16 GT.

[ame]
Sponsored

joshcox19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
How do you (or others) feel about the SVE wheel vs GT350 wheel?

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I had a similar wheel to this in my Audi race car, and having so many different materials where your hand touches drove me nuts. Different levels of friction and grip when youre really wheeling it around. The GT350 wheel is only different on the bottom and not so bad.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I think the wheel looks awesome. LMR had a sale on SVE stuff 2 weeks ago and I got mine for 269$ free shipping. Too good a deal to pass up.

I'll post some pics of it and give my impressions once I install it and this damn coldness goes away.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Is it all leather or part alcantara? I'm not into alcantara at all..

Sponsored

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Is it all leather or part alcantara? I'm not into alcantara at all..
It's about half leather and half alcantara. The 9-3 are contoured leather and IMO it feels really good. I didnt want a full alcantara wheel due to hand sweat and I've seen them degrade over time. I feel the leather will hold up much longer since I usually drive with my left hand on the 9 o-clock position.

I've felt both and there is genuinely nothing wrong with the 350 wheel. It's a good bit more expensive than the SVE wheel and IMO the SVE wheel has more character and feels like it fits your hand with the new shape, much like Golf GTI wheels do.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was just checking this steering wheel out yesterday, I think it looks great. Thanks for posting the video. Nice alternative indeed to the gt350 which has what, doubled in price?

It's about half leather and half alcantara. The 9-3 are contoured leather and IMO it feels really good. I didnt want a full alcantara wheel due to hand sweat and I've seen them degrade over time. I feel the leather will hold up much longer since I usually drive with my left hand on the 9 o-clock position.

I've felt both and there is genuinely nothing wrong with the 350 wheel. It's a good bit more expensive than the SVE wheel and IMO the SVE wheel has more character and feels like it fits your hand with the new shape, much like Golf GTI wheels do.
Sponsored