Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Me too, I want to believe...

I just got off the phone from Ford. I made it clear I wouldn't buy a 2018 unless I could get a straight answer. I was told they have 'no knowledge of either issue' and access to a technical person is only possible through a dealership. Oh and guess what, there's no recall on my car.

I guess deniability (even when implausible) is a way of bringing the conversation to a dead end.

Unsurprising but this interaction raised the bar slightly for insulting dumbass responses. Maybe they don't want to sell any 2018s.

I'm not bothering with a dealership, or an MY18 at this stage. Maybe in a couple of years when they've been field tested more.
Sponsored

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Me too, I've just got off the phone from Ford. I made it clear I wouldn't buy a 2018 unless I could get a straight answer. I was told they have 'no knowledge of either issue' and access to a technical person is only possible through a dealership. Oh and guess what, there's no recall on my car.

I guess deniability (even when implausible) is a way of bringing the conversation to a dead end.

Unsurprising but this interaction raised the bar slightly for insulting dumbass responses. Maybe they don't want to sell any 2018s.

I'm not bothering with a dealership.
Just got off the phone from a ford dealership,asked about the A/C and oil pump issues was told they had not heard of any,and that if there was Ford would have put out a recall to have these issues fixed. So apparently according to Ford there is no issue!!!WTF I'm starting to rethink my order.

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
Just got off the phone from a ford dealership,asked about the A/C and oil pump issues was told they had not heard of any,and that if there was Ford would have put out a recall to have these issues fixed. So apparently according to Ford there is no issue!!!WTF I'm starting to rethink my order.
Mine is fine after 15 months.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
The percentage of oil cooler failures is extremely low. Both issues are getting fixed under warranty, even if modified. It's not a deal breaker for me (unless the oil cooler takes my entire car down with it)

Dealers not knowing anything about it, standard lol

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I hope you asked about the oil cooler not the pump...?

Lack of assurance from Ford that we'll be covered outside warranty for the cooler and evaporator, and not publicly engaging with potential owners about the causes and fixes is understandably making an issue for them when they're trying to push a new model let alone one that's circa 80k otr.

Last edited:

Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Following, thinking about this switch.

Lightning, recaros, magneride, mmm...

magneride and recaro's... for me too.. but looking at it.. wont be better to wait 1-2 years to get used 18's or see what 2019's bring while it 2018 is short year... maybe just maybe.. a special mustang is coming to australia xD

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
I hope you asked about the oil cooler not the pump...?

Lack off assurance from Ford that we'll be covered outside warranty for the cooler and evaporator, and not publicly engaging with potential owners about the causes and fixes is understandably making an issue for them when they're trying to push a new model let alone one that's circa 80k otr.
Yeah oil cooler not pump my mistake, also quoted me a lot better price,than from my dealer that i ordered from which is good.

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
dose anyone have any prices they wish to share, it will help me when i finally get around to negotiating my price

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I'm now at 72k drive away 2018 auto,shadow black with rear spoiler.
First quote was 75,589k.
That first quote sounds a bit over the top. What is the spoiler worth $3k? $72K sounds closer to RRP on road with a slight discount. RRP for GT auto is $66300+o/r. What's the o/r cost in QLD?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
dose anyone have any prices they wish to share, it will help me when i finally get around to negotiating my price

$79995 Fastback OF auto, magnaride & forged wheels. I am not content to leave it there and will readdress the pricing with the dealer this week. If necessary I will change dealers to out of town.

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
car will not arrive for a few months so i am going to sit back and see what others pay and really put the pressure on when it arrives or i will just walk away and come back in 6 to 12 months

Idmmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford falcon
car will not arrive for a few months so i am going to sit back and see what others pay and really put the pressure on when it arrives or i will just walk away and come back in 6 to 12 months

Yeah I was thinking about doing the same but the dealer wants me to sigh the contract, but I don't want to sigh the contract until the Official Spec for the car.
Is anyone else signing anything?

Thanks
Sponsored