Sponsored

Just In: Whipple Powered 2018 GT runs 10’s!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Looks great ! I am curious why you are using slicks vs a drag radial on an auto .
Less chance of breaking half shafts but may be giving up 1-2 mph ?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Looks great ! I am curious why you are using slicks vs a drag radial on an auto .
Less chance of breaking half shafts but may be giving up 1-2 mph ?
I don't feel drag radials will hook in 1st gear therefore I wanted something to get full traction, as were performing transmission testing. Its possible drag radials would work, but I need the trans to be 100%, once that's done, we will do some more testing. But I had to make sure it would shift with traction. It actually bumped the limiter in 1st and 2nd, then short shifted 6th to 7th at 6700. We're now comfortable with where we can command shifts and control this thing, so next time to the track, it will have an extra 300rpm per gear and will go through the lights in 6th. The MPH is going to go up drastically.

During testing on another car, half shafts without a bushing kit is borrowed time doing lots of launches with traction. They wheel hop quite a bit. So the bushing kit is first, half shafts are second.

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I don't feel drag radials will hook in 1st gear therefore I wanted something to get full traction, as were performing transmission testing. Its possible drag radials would work, but I need the trans to be 100%, once that's done, we will do some more testing. But I had to make sure it would shift with traction. It actually bumped the limiter in 1st and 2nd, then short shifted 6th to 7th at 6700. We're now comfortable with where we can command shifts and control this thing, so next time to the track, it will have an extra 300rpm per gear and will go through the lights in 6th. The MPH is going to go up drastically.

During testing on another car, half shafts without a bushing kit is borrowed time doing lots of launches with traction. They wheel hop quite a bit. So the bushing kit is first, half shafts are second.
So you guys are using the BMR Part#CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit and up graded half shafts?Congrats

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Any more results ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's done ! pulled the trigger on Gen 5 whipple for my 2 day old 18 GT/A10/PP1.Looks like sale is one day only .
I had been debating whether to do a TVS or gen 5 whipple and had planned to do a free install deal....but 15 % off >> free install at full price .
Not going to bother with NA tune but will baseline with stock tune .

I will likely pony up for the optional power train warranty and see how far I can get with the Whipple tune .

I am trying to keep things as OEM like as possible but may be after a year I may end up with an E85 aftermarket tune /headers .

When I turn 50 in a couple of years(Deo Volunte) I plan to give up drag racing so I will likely be downsizing the number of cars /consolidating (sell/trade ) in to the one "ultimate" mustang ... or may just get rid of all of them and get one " all season" car .

I plan to have a lot of fun the next couple years !

Last edited:

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man.Thats the plan(edited post -I meant Gen 5 whipple ).

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
[MENTION=13339]olaosunt[/MENTION]

Since you have experience with the Hellion kit, what made you choose the Whipple over the Hellion kit for your new 18'?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Hellion kit on one of my 15's was my first ever aftermarket turbo car .I have had OEM turbo cars including a tuned M235 and was hoping for similar but it's not quite .

The car is fast with the sleeved 5.2/auto but not a fan of the lag even with the small 55's (upgraded since to the BB gen 2 62's) on the street . Sure it's fun running mid 9's at the strip but not so much on the street.
It can also be dangerous as you never really know if you are going to have traction when the boost hits( and close to 900 lb-ft torque ) and I have found my self going sideways too often at 100+ mph on the street,even with drag radials I run all the time .

I have always been a supercharger guy and prefer the more linear build up power and torque with my KB car .I also know from the get go whether I have traction or not .

Besides since I already have a TT/auto car and supercharged Manual car, a supercharged auto car would be different .
I love superchargers so much I am also putting a Gen 3 whipple on my GT 350.lol

I know some see that as sacrilege but I want to experience that flat pane crank with boost !

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Track hasn't been open to go back, but were ready. Its open this weekend but not sure if we can get there.
Did you guys get back to the track yet ?

I ordered a stage I kit from Lethal and can't wait . Actually no rush as the car as is now is so freaking awesome .

The Gen 3 coyote paired with the A10 feels like an entirely different car .The motor feels so smooth and that A10 in drag mode is just nuts .In 45 degree cold air it pulls like a rocket .

I am almost afraid to mod the car .It does needs lowering but afraid to spoil the awesome feel with the Maganride /PS4 .

I trust you guys will keep the awesome driveablity with your tune and I can only imagine how it's going to feel with boost . 9's on the whipple tune /93 would be awesome but I will take low 10's :cheers:.I think it will make me completely forget about the "elusive" GT 500/

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here she is with the 15's.
That wheel gap in front should drop with the whipple .lol

Seriously trying to keep things simple this time but cant wait till then so wil be doing the GT350 Eibach springs to start with/spacers and the BMR cradle lock out.

I will see if the half shafts hold up if there is no wheel hop.
I already have 19x11 wheels and ET SS 305/35 as well as 3 set of 17x9.5 race stars wheels with 28 inch Hoosier slicks,305/35 ET R/s and 275/60 M&H drag radials .

I will see what works best and hopefully not break a half shaft
silver10.jpg
silver12.jpg
silver7.jpg
Sponsored