Sponsored

Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Bought mine from camskill + local fitter charged just £10 per wheel fitting and balancing...
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The time has come (for me) to revive this thread & ask for any words of wisdom re the PS4S. My 15 month old, 9k mile Pzeros are now a hazard so they've gotta go. Looking for the best place to purchase/fit.

Anyone had these done recently? Anyone gone through Ford?

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
The time has come (for me) to revive this thread & ask for any words of wisdom re the PS4S. My 15 month old, 9k mile Pzeros are now a hazard so they've gotta go. Looking for the best place to purchase/fit.

Anyone had these done recently? Anyone gone through Ford?
Bought mine from Camskill as above and it was by far the the best price at the time. Had them fitted as a 'seasonal rotation' deal from an on the drive tyre fitter. Although they aren't a winter tyre the difference between PS4S and the PZero's will be night and day as the days cool.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/

Update: Just searched the site they're out of stock sorry man

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I had a voucher for Mr tyre Ltd wholesale and got Michelin Pilot sports for £176 each for the rears getting them fitted weds I bought them a month ago in anticipation.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks chaps. After an exhaustive search I did find some eventually but £275 for the rears! “Tyre Guru” i think was the place. I’ll try holding on a bit longer for some stock to arrive somewhere
I’ll give Ford a call as well just for a giggle

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Interestingly, I called Ford Hungerford (non FordStore) and they can get them at a reasonable cost of £250 for the rears. But I won't seem them til the back end of November if I order through them today. I'll keep hunting

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Interestingly, I called Ford Hungerford (non FordStore) and they can get them at a reasonable cost of £250 for the rears. But I won't seem them til the back end of November if I order through them today. I'll keep hunting
FYI I paid £209 for the rears in January (+ £7.90 delivery) and £199 for the fronts

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I really wanted to get some MPS4S but couldn't find stock anywhere. Went for Continental ContactSport instead as they are supped to be as good in the wet and mine is a daily driver. Only had them fitted a couple of weeks but the grip so far seems better than the PZeros in all conditions.

One to bear in mind as an alternative, they are quite a bit cheaper too.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For what it's worth to anyone - general consensus (from a few places now) is that stock of the 275's is expected 22nd November. I'll be placing an order through Ford I think...

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
For what it's worth to anyone - general consensus (from a few places now) is that stock of the 275's is expected 22nd November. I'll be placing an order through Ford I think...
checked with costco and asda ? they're usually not badly priced. i wouldn't trust ford themselves with anything apart from supplying the vehicle in the first place and even then they can fuck up.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
checked with costco and asda ? they're usually not badly priced. i wouldn't trust ford themselves with anything apart from supplying the vehicle in the first place and even then they can fuck up.
I hadn't checked Costco, but also nada. Think I've just timed it badly at a point where all the existing stock has run out, at least Michelin are giving out a date.

I agree with you mate re Ford, however, I have found a nice little dealership who are happy to take on Mustang work & after a couple of visits, I'm impressed with them even though they aren't a FordStore. That said, I only intend on using them for warranty work & of course a simple tyre swap :)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Rears ordered! After using the Michelin offer of £40 off 2 tyres, a free delivery code & a 4% cashback thing, they'll be delivered to me for a grand total of £435 which i'm happy with.

Ordered through "Demon Tweeks", who I did speak to & they explained that they are waiting on stock from Michelin; expected 22/11

I'll just have to go easy on the P Zeros until then!

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
It took me nearly six months to source a set of MPS4S tyres and even then I had to get them imported from Germany! Originally I had intended to use the PZeros for the running in period only (I am not a fan of Pirelli tyres) and replace with MPSSs all round but then the 4S was announced and I decided to wait. Little did I realise they would be so difficult to source when they came on the market!

However, the 4Ss are now fitted all round and they transform the car. Anyone fitting these tyres will not be disappointed . . . . . . . unless they like hanging the rear end out at ridiculously low speeds!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just checked with the place I ordered my tires from (Demon Tweeks) and apparently they are expecting stock by the end of next week (yesssss!). So should have them on soon, the week after that.

Saw them as "in stock" on mytyres.co.uk too, so they are obviously coming back in to stock now - just in case anyone needs some! A staggering £320 there though...

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Just checked with the place I ordered my tires from (Demon Tweeks) and apparently they are expecting stock by the end of next week (yesssss!). So should have them on soon, the week after that.

Saw them as "in stock" on mytyres.co.uk too, so they are obviously coming back in to stock now - just in case anyone needs some! A staggering £320 there though...
Fronts now in stock at camskill for standard wheels

https://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?show=152692
Sponsored