Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
;)
I’d think it would still be a good roll racer but maybe not as good as some.
Maybe in 6 more months we’ll get some more info.
True.

"Maybe" we'll get more info soon. :D :headbonk:
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Lots of laughs for the 720S mentions.
Not even in the same class. LOL :lol: :headbonk:

All for nothing, but I read on the other Mustang forum, (and this is from a very reputable source, as some that go to the site from here can attest as well), that the new GT500 will not be, and I quote, a "beep, beep, beep" car.
I’m having a hard time deciphering this. However this is what I get out of it:

A beep beep beep car entails a roll racing vehicle, such as the hellcat, ‘13-14 Gt500, and other high horsepower cars. Think Alpha GTRs and Underground raging gallardos/R8s.

Therefore I can only guess the 500 will be track suited, and as Bmac says they don’t give a shit about the demon. I’m guessing high 10s for this car, and really that’s ultra fast. Earlier I learned the Gt500 will not come with sport cup tires, at least in the non R from. That car will struggle for high 10s

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
750S is just to make a point. the 500 is not doing 9s.
Unless Jim Owens is telling the truth. If Jim Owens is telling the truth it will do 9s. I'm not sure how, but that's what he said.

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Unless Jim Owens is telling the truth. If Jim Owens is telling the truth it will do 9s. I'm not sure how, but that's what he said.
One thing is for sure, there is no way in hell Jim Owens is telling the truth, he is the MARKETING manager FFS! :lol: hahahaha

well.. maybe he IS telling the "truth" since "Venom kills Demon's" in every aspect (EXCEPT in 1/4 of mile). With that statement I would agree 100%.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I imagine that if Jim Owens had to write down that statement in an honest and objective way it would say something like this:

VENOM KILLS DEMONS!**

**Except in drag racing

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm guessing he lied. Maybe he was going by seat of the pants. haha

well.. maybe he IS telling the "truth" since "Venom kills Demon's" in every aspect (EXCEPT in 1/4 of mile). With that statement I would agree 100%.
Everyone knows the demon is only good at 1 thing. IMO, that statement is only good for that 1 thing.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
One point is they (Jim & the Shelby guy) were talking about 2020... I take that to mean the 2019 model may be the watered down version - same version we're told would have about 725hp.

The CY2020 version could indeed have something deadly enough to warrant such enthusiasm. By then I'd expect Dodge and Chev to also have raised the stakes, and you, me, and everyone else here, want it now! Not good enough Jimbo, just not good enough. Maybe as the marketing guy his job is to keep people occupied till 2020. Well played Jim.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
One point is they (Jim & the Shelby guy) were talking about 2020... I take that to mean the 2019 model may be the watered down version - same version we're told would have about 725hp.

The CY2020 version could indeed have something deadly enough to warrant such enthusiasm. By then I'd expect Dodge and Chev to also have raised the stakes, and you, me, and everyone else here, want it now! Not good enough Jimbo, just not good enough. Maybe as the marketing guy his job is to keep people occupied till 2020. Well played Jim.
Don’t expect the S650 before 2022MY, from here to S550 EOP you won’t see s “more powerful” factory mustang than the GT500 that will arrive next year.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sounds like false advertising, but really, he might not of thought he was on record with that cell phone video. I'm sure he is a good fella and didn't mean any controversy.

You never know, nobody knew a 2017 FGT was coming...
only time will tell.

I bet GM will be answering the demon, also bringing a NA Z28 and ME corvette...ahhh.. I can't wait for the unveiling of that one.
Ford is working on ESUV's, a 2+ YO ZL1-L1E competitor, all while their stock holder shares keep sliding into the mud. Oh well...

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
You never know, nobody knew a 2017 FGT was coming...
only time will tell.
I’m still waiting for the “Best power to weight GT” from Ford. I know about the active aero story and stuff, but Im guessing it will be the same with this GT500. I hate when that happens they make us think the car will be better than it actually is. I prefer having my hopes low then be amazed and over-excited since it’s no better than expected.

ESUV's, a 2+ YO ZL1-L1E competitor, all while their stock holder shares keep sliding into the mud. Oh well...
You mean Mach1 and GT500R?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I’m having a hard time deciphering this. However this is what I get out of it:
A beep beep beep car entails a roll racing vehicle, such as the hellcat, ‘13-14 Gt500, and other high horsepower cars. Think Alpha GTRs and Underground raging gallardos/R8s.
We have BINGO!!!! lol

One thing is for sure, there is no way in hell Jim Owens is telling the truth, he is the MARKETING manager FFS! :lol: hahahaha
Yeah,........maybe he shouldn't have said that.:lol: Unless he's talking the road race or track. Definitely not beating the Demon stock for stock in a straight line. Demon is beast. I just don't really like the fender flares much at all.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Not to kill the vibe, but someone close to Jim Owens told me the reason why he said 2020 during the video. The GT500 will be sent to 2020MY (I just met him, he is a nice guy, I didn’t had the chance to ask him about the “Venom Kill demons” though, it was just a “hey”), so it looks that no GT500 until mid-late next year.

The engineers I met were very tight lip as well, they didn’t even answered me yes/no questions.

When I asked about the HP they just winked at me, and said “no comments”. I don’t know it that makes my prior info wrong or correct. I hate those guys :lol:

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
At this point in time it could be they wanted to reevaluate, and maybe just maybe they said screw it, let’s push it back another model year and give 800hp.

I’m actually sick of speculating now, it’s been too erratic.
Sponsored