Sponsored

"Venom Kills Demons" - Jim Owens (Ford Performance Marketing Manager)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'd think late 2018 ( Nov- dec), or very early 2019.
I don't think it will be an extremely low run of cars like the '15 GT350. thinking around 2000 for the '19 MY.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm guessing it will be tough to get that 2019 MY allocation. probably only going to the highest mustang sales dealerships. A realistic goal is finding a 2020 MY car.
it's a good 18 to 20 months away, for my dealer.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
If "The moment it becomes official that there won't be a manual transmission offered in the GT500 you can cue up the 100+ page threads from those hung up on it and eager to voice their discontent. Strangely enough, those unhappy voices probably won't stop Ford from selling each and every GT500 they make with relative ease.
That’s a pretty dismissive statement. Hope you feel the same in the near future when Ford stops selling cars with gas engines.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Without unicorn piss for fuel, a rocket pack, or drag radials the 500 is not going 9s.

So the question is will Ford also have a factory option to increase traction. If not, it will not see anything but Demon taillights.

The costs to lower the weight of the car enough to matter would price it outside of its market segment. 750S runs legitimate high 9s at the same power level, a bit less torque, and at 2828 pounds.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The costs to lower the weight of the car enough to matter would price it outside of its market segment. 750S runs legitimate high 9s at the same power level, a bit less torque, and at 2828 pounds.
Yeah, the GT500 won't cost $280,000.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I don't think it will run race gas, have drag radials or have a transbrake and I don't think it will run 9's either. Possibly 10.5 and that may be a stretch. Still, if you've watched a great deal of demon drag strip vids, you'll notice that all but maybe 1 of the demon's passes are 10+. I expect there won't be a whole lot of under 9 passes with that car.
Reason being, a small percentage are actually going to bring them to the track, run race fuel and beat the piss out of it 100+ times in ideal conditions in order to match the OEM best time. So, in reality a stock track car, that so happens to run 10.5 or 10.8 range, aint really too bad.
Still, venom doesn't kill demons, unless you mean, kill it on the track, kill it in looks. Everyone knows the demon's not an all around performance car.
Jim would have been more wise to state it in another form.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I don't think it will run race gas, have drag radials or have a transbrake and I don't think it will run 9's either. Possibly 10.5 and that may be a stretch. Still, if you've watched a great deal of demon drag strip vids, you'll notice that all but maybe 1 of the demon's passes are 10+. I expect there won't be a whole lot of under 9 passes with that car.
Reason being, a small percentage are actually going to bring them to the track, run race fuel and beat the piss out of it 100+ times in ideal conditions in order to match the OEM best time. So, in reality a stock track car, that so happens to run 10.5 or 10.8 range, aint really too bad.
Still, venom doesn't kill demons, unless you mean, kill it on the track, kill it in looks. Everyone knows the demon's not an all around performance car.
Jim would have been more wise to state it in another form.
I think anyone that has been reading the forums should know by now that this car isn’t going to beat a demon in straight line. I was hopeful it would be consistent mid 10’s to low 10’s. But it appears much more likely to be high 10’s. Still very fast for a more track oriented car.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Without unicorn piss for fuel, a rocket pack, or drag radials the 500 is not going 9s.

So the question is will Ford also have a factory option to increase traction. If not, it will not see anything but Demon taillights.

720S weighs 3128, right in that area. Europeans love quoting dry kerb.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Lots of laughs for the 720S mentions.
Not even in the same class. LOL :lol: :headbonk:

I think anyone that has been reading the forums should know by now that this car isn’t going to beat a demon in straight line. I was hopeful it would be consistent mid 10’s to low 10’s. But it appears much more likely to be high 10’s. Still very fast for a more track oriented car.
All for nothing, but I read on the other Mustang forum, (and this is from a very reputable source, as some that go to the site from here can attest as well), that the new GT500 will not be, and I quote, a "beep, beep, beep" car.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Lots of laughs for the 720S mentions.
Not even in the same class. LOL :lol: :headbonk:

All for nothing, but I read on the other Mustang forum, (and this is from a very reputable source, as some that go to the site from here can attest as well), that the new GT500 will not be, and I quote, a "beep, beep, beep" car.
Haha Tony, I hang on to the every word of DBK,
Also ‘ it will be fast as balls’
And ‘horsepower won’t be a problem’

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
yup, precisely why it will never be a light car, or run 9s on anything but a full drag tire. Period.
I'll say again...they...don't...care...about...the...Demon. They sell a Cobrajet, and plenty of Mustang GTs that people mod to get in the 8s and 9s.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
LOL
Very true my friend, very true. :ford:
;)
I’d think it would still be a good roll racer but maybe not as good as some.
Maybe in 6 more months we’ll get some more info.
Sponsored