Sponsored

Used market dead?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The question is, if you can pick a second hand GT for £30k or a new (or nearly new) for circa £35k, is it worth spending another circa £6/7k on a new one?

Do the benefits of a slightly higher RPM, little more power and louder exhaust on the 18 warrant the extra dough? I'm not sure. Also a new one will b going into production in 2020.

I suppose if you like flapping paddles then it makes sense to upgrade to a 10 speed but for stick shifters, probably not

Have to say that, unlike the 15, from the photos I've seen the brighter colours don't look as good on the 18 as they seem to emphasize the squished front end.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Rumour is that this has been shelved :)
Yes its cancelled.

S550 platform is the platform foreseeable future, Ford will just keep improving it.

Quite a shame really as I think everyone was hoping the S650 platform would be a better rival for the lighter alpha chassis GM use in the Camaro.

Of course Ford can still reduce weight in S550 chassis, but of course its better to design a new chassis ground up with lightness in mind.

At least GT500 is looking more and more likely, no idea on exports though.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
At least GT500 is looking more and more likely, no idea on exports though.
I don't think they'll be any RHD versions of any of the niche models and special editions the market is to small. Hope I'm wrong ;)

naughts4187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Guard
I don't think they'll be any RHD versions of any of the niche models and special editions the market is to small. Hope I'm wrong ;)
I'm in Melbourne for 2 weeks and I've seen over 50 Mustangs flying around, big market for them over here. I barely see 2 a week at home. Big wide roads, loads of sun and cheap fuel.... I can see why they like Mustang over here.
We should all get a list of RHD requests for the GT500 and see if we can influence anything, maybe. wishing big time. :ford:

Sponsored

zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 GT
Thinking about selling my DIB 16 plate, it's got a Borla exhaust, spacers, Steed lowering springs, done just over 3k miles and is in fantastic almost new condition. Fully loaded, shaker pro etc.. what should I be putting it up for?

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thinking about selling my DIB 16 plate, it's got a Borla exhaust, spacers, Steed lowering springs, done just over 3k miles and is in fantastic almost new condition. Fully loaded, shaker pro etc.. what should I be putting it up for?

I'd say it will fetch 28-32k, problem is about finding a punter who wants a car in DIB with those mods, if you do a good chance you will get 30-32k.

Otherwise could be a lot less, if your in no rush, just stick it up at £32,950 and leave it. If I'd have waited I'd of got 36k but the modifications were helping its value rather than negatively impacting it.

Also make a full walk around video of the car and then you getting in it and driving the car down road, the guy who purchased mine said it was the video I made that for him gave him confidence I was a genuine seller and enthusiast and as such felt safe buying privately.

But in the last six months the values have being hit quite hard, simply as they have sold so many, resulting in more used sales and of course Ford are doing some quite strong deals on brand new MY17 cars to make way for 2018.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Seeing cars for sale in a dealers will always have the advantage as they offer finance and take part ex too..

I bought my car a month ago and got a good discount... and a few deals around now, which will impact on the `private` sale values for sure

Less people with 30k in their back pocket !
Take a good load of hi quality pictures, make sure its presented well with not too much blurb. Punters are looking for standard un thrashed cars, or just a couple of subtle mods as yrs has..

First one who comes up with £30k i would bite their hand off..
If you do sell, then get it all over the Freeadds and Mustang forums too... as advertising is all about numbers and getting it seen by as many people as possible..

I have bought many cars, hot rods and even a high end touring caravan that have been so badly advertised, so i got a steal..!! :thumbsup:

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Ford Australia has already come out with a statement that no limited edition versions such as GT500 will be coming here as a factory offering.

Bit of a bummer, really.

zero7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 GT
Thanks for the tips guys, autotrader or pistonheads? or even e-bay, what tends to get the results?

Sponsored

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
Thanks for the tips guys, autotrader or pistonheads? or even e-bay, what tends to get the results?
Also try Tootle I sold my GT86 Aero through them and got a fair price £2.5k more than WBYC.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I didn't do ebay but mine was up in a lot of places, including a few mustang/ford forums.

Mine sold through Autotrader in the end. Saw some decent offers from Tootle too. Mine was on pistonheads as well but I don't recall getting any action from there.

I even had some vinyl "for sale" stickers made up with contact details - didn't work :(

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Most of my interest was with eBay. Sold my to RA direct in the end. Wish I did it straight away as it was a painless transaction as I also had outstanding finance. Remember the Mustang market is pretty small. It was the hardest car I have ever sold.

If you have the time remove some of the modifications. You can sell the privately and get some more money back that way.

As above, if you get offered anywhere near 30 snap their hands off.

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Thanks for the tips guys, autotrader or pistonheads? or even e-bay, what tends to get the results?[/QUO

Love or hate it but eBay is the biggest shop in the world..:headbonk:

and as already said its all about numbers.. I would put in on there as a Classified advert..around £13?

I have sold £40k classics and hot rods on there...and i am a serial car seller .. Just getting the right buyer like anything..

but PLEASE park it somewhere decent with a solid backdrop like an industrial unit, with no distractions WHEN you do your photos..
and make sure its spotlessly clean inside and out..........:cool:

Half like this and you will be there......Sold in 2 days.. https://www.flickr.com/gp/156857217@N06/M6s749

Good luck with the sale.. :amen:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Start with FREE places, Pistonheads, forums see if you get anywhere.

If your in more of a rush then also use autotrader and ebay. Remember to make a youtube video and include the link in your ad. :)
Sponsored