Another Predator Engine Pic

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If they are barely on VP (as Farruko and BmacIL said) there's no way on earth that's happening on summer this year, we definitively meant 2019.
over a year and a half. hahahahaha!!!
Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
like I said, I'll put in a bid for 750. I may be wrong, but that's my guess. sorry if it hurts your feelings if I like to have an opinion. An insider here was saying DCT long before you were here and also put in a vote at 800+ HP. it may not have passed durrabilty at those levels, but it was being tested there not a very long time ago.
I'll keep my bid for 750, regardless of your info. you may be right on but I like to shoot with higher expectations. 25HP is rather negligible in the scheme of things. I'm thinking the DCT will make up for a lot of the lost 25hp times
My thought is this...we saw an Easter egg at 755 almost what 1 year ago? Then in the last week or so we see one at 772....Same with the 2018 Coyote....came in at 455 a year or so before release then hit at an under rated 460HP
Not a coincidence in my book. This motor exceeded their projections and they know after the extended wait they had to turn it up.....772HP and under rated is what I'm calling.

Last edited:

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Ford doesn't normally quote WHP, only power at the crank. If this thing truly is low 700 WHP, we're talking HIGH 700's at the crank. Right?

Assuming 710 HP and 12% drivetrain losses, that's 795 HP at the crank. That can't be right.
It's not. 700rwhp would be 795 crank @12% loss. 710 rwhp is equal to 807 crank hp.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
My thought is this...we saw an Easter egg at 755 almost what 1 year ago? Then in the last week or so we see one at 772....Same with the 2018 Coyote....came in at 455 a year or so before release then hit at an under rated 460HP
Not a coincidence in my book. This motor exceeded their projections and they know after the extended wait they had to turn it up.....772HP and under rated is what I'm calling.
would be nice.
lots of choices coming within 1.5 years

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
When I was researching that, I got a guy on Facebook that works for ford who actually did just that in a 5.0 test mule, but that was about 1.5 months ago. My guess is that its the next one coming.
Either way, I'm hearing its INCREDIBLE, well... 700HP isn't incredible, throw in a DCT and its getting there...there is something missing I think, so yeah, we'll have to wait and see.
Lol. “Something” ...
“something” is such an understatement.
Will be fun to talk about... oneday... :kickrock:

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Lol. “Something” ...
“something” is such an understatement.
Will be fun to talk about... oneday... :kickrock:
Do you have insider info on the car as well? I need to find myself insider!! haha

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
looks like im gonna need a taller hood!!

HunteDs5

HunterDs5
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus Estate 1.8 TDCI 116 cv
Maybe machsmith is right. I remember when the '14 GT500 was release to the public, it was rated 650+ HP, and then finished having 662. Same as the new Ford GT: during the release was rated as 600+, and ended having 650 hp. This, plus all the Easter Eggs, makes me think that it would be around 750/760 hp.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
when I made that HP poll i guessed 731 to 755. initially thought 755 now I'll guess 732, really only 20 off.

I hope there is SOMETHING else, it's gonna need some help putting the power down.
Don't know what it could be that is super awesome, unless there is a electric motor on this one. I could see it, for how late this one is coming, compaired to when that dude put on the electric units, on the mule. seems people mention crazy, but nothing seems crazy so far, were close though.
Is the engine going in the back LOL, that would be crazy, AWD would be crazy. Maybe it's out of the realm of thought - which is crazy.

A lot of those mules we have seen in pics, especially those with the GT3, are probably GT350 successor.
hopefully it comes in CPC this time, like the race cars.

Last edited:

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
If i was Ford I wouldn't want to be tipping my hand to the competition.
I would want to leave some room for unforeseen challenges (quality trumps performance)
I wouldn't want to disappoint the faithful (better to underpromise and overachieve)
It makes sense to leave some room for future performance upgrades

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
“This motor exceeded their projections” if you only knew....:shrug:
The only thing that I will tell you is that durability tests are a pain in the arse and kill the fun.

What's the redline going to be on this?
At first they said 7500RPM but recently it looks that they will go for 7000

FishGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium - Guard Metallic
If a 2.3L TVS on a 5.0 can make 727HP at the wheels, I would say that a 2.65L TVS on a 5.2 could easily exceed that...I realize that's a fairly simplistic view and there are other things that equate to speed and acceleration, but I could easily see high 700s at the crank.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
If a 2.3L TVS on a 5.0 can make 727HP at the wheels, I would say that a 2.65L TVS on a 5.2 could easily exceed that...I realize that's a fairly simplistic view and there are other things that equate to speed and acceleration, but I could easily see high 700s at the crank.
How much boost on each one?
Does the 727 “at the wheels” comply with emissions? What about durability? Fuel economy requirements?

I thought so... it’s not that simple.
Sponsored