Sponsored

Exhaust Mods...what did you fit and why ?

whipstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kev
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
X-force full system with valves so you can have it sound like standard if you want with them closed.

open the valves and its a straight through exhaust sounds like a bloody NASCAR very loud but i love the sound :headbang:

I fitted it because i needed to flow much more gasses with my stage 2 whipple
and with the remote control you can still use it as a daily driver.

The build quality and customer service I got from X-force where second to none.:clap2::clap2::clap2:
Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Whats / wheres the forum discount Tom...we all love a discount :)
It was a little while back when I ordered.

Maybe worth a PM to Beefcake.

Come to think of it, due to popularity at the time I ordered, Solo wouldn’t allow any discounts off the product, but Beefcake did help out with delivery costs.

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I was split between the solo Mach xv and the arh thunder H pipe system. The US airforce imported mine but I understand Nemesis are soon to stock them. I listened to videos online and they sounded very similar, all be it very different designs. In the end I went with the ARH system as it allows me to install ARH long tubes and go 3” all the way through.
With standard headers it’s almost zero drone. Mine is H pipe so more likely to drone than the x pipe. I say almost no drone because if you listen for it you can hear it over a very small rev range on the motorway. No drone at 60. No drone at 80. It’s somewhere round 70-75 ish in 6th.

Are many people in the UK running catless headers ? Do you have catted mid pipes for mot time? How about roadside vosa inspections?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Are many people in the UK running catless headers ?
probably a few

Do you have catted mid pipes for mot time?
no

How about roadside vosa inspections?
when was the last time you ever saw one of those stopping non freight ? hell I used to drive past one weekly on road out of hull but it never stopped cars only ever wagons

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I fitted a H pipe resonator delete and Ford Performance Touring axleback by Borla, because it sounds awesome. Not too loud when cruising, no drone, and a symphony when you step on it. All the cutting and clamping was kind of a pain though but the catback system only came with a x pipe and I like the throatier sound of the h pipe. Also a few leaks at some of the clamps but you can't hear them so it doesn't really matter.

Sponsored

naughts4187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Guard
Magnaflow competition catback for me.
Reasons I chose it:
- I wanted a more exotic sounding system
- I wanted the tips to fill the rear valance
- I wanted to hear everything LOUD
- I wanted a rasp in higher revs

I've heard a Borla sport and whilst it sounds insanely aggressive, I feel when idling the Magnaflow has a delightful chugging hum which shakes windows of nearby shops (and neighbours). The Corse extreme was an asbo waiting to happen so the Magnaflow comp was perfect for my weekend car.

OP
OP
Snap On Pete

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
I am leaning towards the BORLA `S`TYPE CAT BACK WITH BLACK TIPS

Solo XV second place, but only option is to import it...
starts getting too dear with carriage and duty etc., for a system without any mufflers even.!

Borla i can source in UK and get job done.. Hmmmmmm ?? :shrug:

Langburger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT Manual
Solo all in will be cÂŁ1200 max

J_UK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Triple Yellow/Black
Solo Thunder (mid-range volume, pretty loud), fantastic sound, nice noise on throttle lift off or down shift. Ordered direct from Solo, shipping was quick and was packaged amazingly well. Perfect fit. Well happy!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I am leaning towards the BORLA `S`TYPE CAT BACK WITH BLACK TIPS

Solo XV second place, but only option is to import it...
starts getting too dear with carriage and duty etc., for a system without any mufflers even.!

Borla i can source in UK and get job done.. Hmmmmmm ?? :shrug:
Good choice I think. Guy at Nemesis will get you one sharpish or maybe local Dave at GT101 (and he'd put it on too.).

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
OMG :eyebulge: :lol::lol::lol: you should have kept it and made a fortune at those prices
It’s one thing to ask that much, it’s another getting it. £600+vat for the exhaust, didn’t pay much more then that brand new

OP
OP
Snap On Pete

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
So decided on the Borla S type Cat back system..
Mainly down to the fact it was instantly available through Guy @ Nemisis ..Great price too as they are offering 10% off in the Jan Sale.. Delivered next day..

Spent a bit more and had the Black Tip version, as the chrome are always grotty..despite constant cleaning...

So Spring like day today at last... Car up on the axle stands jacked up with my low profile trolley jack...(great bit of kit)

The stock system is certainly bit of a heavyweight thats for sure, but once i released the forward clamps i tugged backwards and lowered it onto my body as i laid under the car..
Slid underneath, and the old system was out..

Fitting the new system was a doddle, as it comes in five pieces.. wont bore you with that as CJ Pony have a great installation vid.
Good tip ... i used two long cable ties, to hold the back boxes in place at the right height, fixing to the rear sway bar.. Just make sure you get the exhaust tips nice and centered in the rear valance..
Also....make sure you torque the bolts to 35ft lb... Thought they were tight enough, until i put the torque wrench over them !

Only took just over an hour, so nice and easy mod...Once its up in the air..

So back on the ground and took it for a blast...Woweeeee am az zing.....
The mustang sounds like a proper muscle car now.. Great note and NO drone in the cockpit..
Sounds the business in Sport+ mode, with the auto, as it blips the throttle on the downshift........... Roll on Spring

[/url]20180125_144944 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156857217@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]20180125_144934 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156857217@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]20180125_145026 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156857217@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]20180125_145058 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156857217@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]20180125_145040 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/156857217@N06/, on Flickr[/IMG]
Sponsored